Sponsored

Anyone remove and leave off the engine cover?

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Nahh, its not the type of cover that seals off mud and dirt, it just perches on top to create an extra cushion for someone's skull. Plus, do you run with the hood off? How much mud gets in there? ;)
hit a mud puddle and it gets up in there

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Took both off, wife’s JL and the Mojave, I was surprized how much it and the brackets weighed, I like the look, less places for mice to live, and there really isn’t any wiring under there. I think the weight savings alone increaed my MPG and my tow capacity....Ha!.....Jack
9FB36CDD-3174-4FB7-B48A-A571B1582939.jpeg
55E5B990-5687-48CD-B19D-475C4FAB0C85.jpeg

Sponsored

Lew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2013 Wrangler
Occupation
Machinist
I was sitting the the front seat today looking up at the roll bars that are painted that beautiful blue....and covered with plastic.

mmmm

Give myself a tiny bit more head room and be able to see the blue I shopped around for.....

Maybe the engine plastic isn't the only plastic that will get ripped off and tossed in the growing pile of "This will not get me home."

OP
OP
Willys2Gladiator

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I was sitting the the front seat today looking up at the roll bars that are painted that beautiful blue....and covered with plastic.

mmmm

Give myself a tiny bit more head room and be able to see the blue I shopped around for.....

Maybe the engine plastic isn't the only plastic that will get ripped off and tossed in the growing pile of "This will not get me home."
Very interested in what you find if you jump in and remove the plastic on the roll bars. I seen JKs without and looked good.
Will be waiting!!!!!

Bulldog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon 2018 JLU Rubicon wife’s ride
Occupation
Smitty/land lord
I kinda like the way it looks but at the end of the day, I don’t really look at the motor that often.

OREDAD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Brackets removed if anyone is interested. Took about a whole 5 minutes and I think it looks great. More mechanical.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone remove and leave off the engine cover? 55E5B990-5687-48CD-B19D-475C4FAB0C85
Long shot inquiry but do you still have the brackets? I'd love to get my hands on the bracket that is next to the oil dipstick to mount my ARB compressor.
Jeep Gladiator Anyone remove and leave off the engine cover? 1709313096206

Sponsored

OREDAD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Does anyone who removed their engine cover still have this specific bracket and any applicable mounting bolts they'd be willing to part with? I have a 2023 with no bracket and would like to use the bracket to mount an ARB single air compressor. Happy to pay any shipping charges. Thanks!
Jeep Gladiator Anyone remove and leave off the engine cover? 1709322461005

Bluefalcon

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed Officer
If so can you post a pic?
Thinking of removing mine for I never liked the plastic engine covers. Just screams cheesey.

Will do it soon but I'd someone had already done it please post.

Any I'll effects? More engine noise?
Any beffifets?

Thanks!!!
Mine didnt come with one... didnt care either way... lost mine on the JK years ago in the barn... didnt care
Sponsored