Sponsored

Anyone running the JKS 3.5 inch lift kit.

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Very familiar indeed. Same step bars and even antennae. You won’t regret the JKS kit. I’ve loved it so far. Just as an FYI, I’m running the General Grabber ATX and really like how they’ve handled everything so far, just in case you haven’t settled on a tire yet.
Already have a set of Mickey Thompson ATZs in 315/70 on it right now, only have about 100 miles on them so far, but very happy with the set.
Sponsored

Midwest Stinger

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport Base
Already have a set of Mickey Thompson ATZs in 315/70 on it right now, only have about 100 miles on them so far, but very happy with the set.
Should’ve noticed them in your pic. I almost went with those, but I got a good deal on the Grabbers at the time. Those look really nice. Can’t wait to see yours once lifted!

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Should’ve noticed them in your pic. I almost went with those, but I got a good deal on the Grabbers at the time. Those look really nice. Can’t wait to see yours once lifted!
I looked at the Grabbers too, but a local shop here had a misprint for $200 a piece on the Mts and I got Discount to price match it. Couldn't beat $1350 for 5 installed...

Midwest Stinger

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I looked at the Grabbers too, but a local shop here had a misprint for $200 a piece on the Mts and I got Discount to price match it. Couldn't beat $1350 for 5 installed...
Yeah. That’s a great price! I paid $1300 for my 5.

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
After installing the JKS 3"-3.5" lift, do you think there is any need to replace the driveshaft? I did that on my old JKUR when I lifted it 4" based on advice I was getting.
I don't have an answer.

Sponsored

Midwest Stinger

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After installing the JKS 3"-3.5" lift, do you think there is any need to replace the driveshaft? I did that on my old JKUR when I lifted it 4" based on advice I was getting.
I haven't had any issues with the stock shaft....nor have I heard or read about anyone having issues with it. JKS doesn't mention it on their website at all. My thought is that with the 2 piece rear shaft there is a bit more play, & that even if you had binding issues that we'd be able to install a spacer between the carrier and body to lessen the degree of the rear portion of the driveshaft. Hope that made sense.

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Even the mopar lift retains the stock rear driveshaft configuration and people are reporting 2.2-2.75 inches of rear lift with that kit.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Depending on the front droop a new front drive shaft could be required if rock crawling with long travel shocks as the drive shaft will or could bind, never going off road it should not be a problem.

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Depending on the front droop a new front drive shaft could be required if rock crawling with long travel shocks as the drive shaft will or could bind, never going off road it should not be a problem.
The front Fox shocks that come with this JKS lift are a bit under 26.5 inches extended.

Sponsored

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
The front Fox shocks that come with this JKS lift are a bit under 26.5 inches extended.
The JKS lift is now installed on my JT with the geometry correction brackets and a Daystar 3/4 inch rear spacer. I like the way it sits as it maintains some of the factory rake this way. It drives really nice based on the small amount of driving I have done since the install yesterday. The annoying sloppy factory sway is gone, the ride is firm but smooth. Glad I went with the Fox upgrade this round with the JKS lift. One issue I have is the front disconnect links both seem to have bad bushings, they clunk like an old junker part. The movement is visible with any force on the front end. My previous JK's both had the JKS quicker disconnects and they were solid and silent. I expect JKS will replace them. Unfortunately it is winter where I am so there will be no wheeling for the next while. Ideally I will get a Warn stubby to mount my M8000s sooner than I get out wheeling.

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
The JKS lift is now installed on my JT with the geometry correction brackets and a Daystar 3/4 inch rear spacer. I like the way it sits as it maintains some of the factory rake this way. It drives really nice based on the small amount of driving I have done since the install yesterday. The annoying sloppy factory sway is gone, the ride is firm but smooth. Glad I went with the Fox upgrade this round with the JKS lift. One issue I have is the front disconnect links both seem to have bad bushings, they clunk like an old junker part. The movement is visible with any force on the front end. My previous JK's both had the JKS quicker disconnects and they were solid and silent. I expect JKS will replace them. Unfortunately it is winter where I am so there will be no wheeling for the next while. Ideally I will get a Warn stubby to mount my M8000s sooner than I get out wheeling.
Where the pics? We need pics!

BrandRezake

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Controls Engineer/Entertainment Program Manager
Hey there,
I have the same kit installed with the Fox shocks and adjustable LCAs. I have quite a bit of creaking and popping even though I have checked the torque again and again.
I just called them and found out that the adjustable links and Control Arms are not greased from the factory. This is actually good news for me because I feel that the noise is coming from these joints. I plan to grease them up ASAP and test the theory.

NateSamJT20

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR LE - 18 FORD EXPEDITION MAX
Hey there,
I have the same kit installed with the Fox shocks and adjustable LCAs. I have quite a bit of creaking and popping even though I have checked the torque again and again.
I just called them and found out that the adjustable links and Control Arms are not greased from the factory. This is actually good news for me because I feel that the noise is coming from these joints. I plan to grease them up ASAP and test the theory.

Let us know if the grease takes care of it. I have the kit with fox shocks but geo brackets sitting in my shed waiting to be installed. (Hurt my back). Don’t want to install if there are any real issues.
Sponsored