Sponsored

Anyone running the JKS 3.5 inch lift kit.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Dan,

No not yet still on order along with the RSI power steps I’ve been waiting for since last October.
Geez. Sorry. I got my RSE steps from a vendor on the forum. They shipped in a week. If you still have my number, feel free to call. I can fill you in and maybe you can get them faster. I’m hoping my ram springs will be on soon. I’ll report back with results. Did yours start out as a rubicon? Do you find the ride a bit harsher after the lift? I do, but I’m second guessing tire psi. I’m currently on 35psi with Mickey Thomson Baja boss at 37x12.5x17’s. I’m thinking about lowering the psi to 32 or so.

Deleted member 28696

Geez. Sorry. I got my RSE steps from a vendor on the forum. They shipped in a week. If you still have my number, feel free to call. I can fill you in and maybe you can get them faster. I’m hoping my ram springs will be on soon. I’ll report back with results. Did yours start out as a rubicon? Do you find the ride a bit harsher after the lift? I do, but I’m second guessing tire psi. I’m currently on 35psi with Mickey Thomson Baja boss at 37x12.5x17’s. I’m thinking about lowering the psi to 32 or so.
Trail Jeeps told me the RSE steps were in so I had paid for the install etc & they were JL steps instead not JT. I have the Rubicon JTR. They performed part of the work (Body Armor) on that ticket so I think I’m stuck waiting.

I didn’t see much difference in ride quality from my 33’s. I actually I think it improved. I have Nitto Trail Grapplers M/T they are known to have decent ride quality. Mine are 37x12.5x20s. Tire pressure on mine are around 40s PSI.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Trail Jeeps told me the RSE steps were in so I had paid for the install etc & they were JL steps instead not JT. I have the Rubicon JTR. They performed part of the work (Body Armor) on that ticket so I think I’m stuck waiting.

I didn’t see much difference in ride quality from my 33’s. I actually I think it improved. I have Nitto Trail Grapplers M/T they are known to have decent ride quality. Mine are 37x12.5x20s. Tire pressure on mine are around 40s PSI.
Got it. Makes sense. I hope you get them soon. They’re amazing. I did the install myself in about 6 hours in the driveway. Would have gone more quickly without all the snow on the driveway. :) we have way different wheels and tires. I’ll play with the psi, but maybe it will get softer in the back after the spring swap as well. Ram 1500 trucks aren’t that harsh. You did fox 2.0’s as well right?

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I have the JKS J-Venture 3-3.5" lift and I have an issue with it now that I added an RSI SmartCap that weighs 270 lbs. I have to replace the rear springs since there's an inch sag in the rear and it would eventually bottom out on the bump stops if not addressed. It was discovered when I took it to my Jeep shop to have some other mods done. I have it scheduled to be replaced with a RAM 1500 spring mod for a 3" lift that will handle the weight. They are also replacing the bump stops with 1800lb rated coil bump stops. I didn't have the lift done that long ago just a few months and now I'm having to replace the JKS springs that came with the lift so it can handle the stock load rating again. They had one other gladiator in their shop being worked on for the same issue.

Another Gladiator owner also had the same issue who responded when I mentioned this issue in the RSI thread. With theirs they were almost sitting on their bump stops with a roof top tent installed on their rack. They also had blown their shocks entirely so this isn't' an Isolated issue with lifts in general not just JKS, something to bring up to your Jeep shop when searching for a lift. The EVO springs aren't even enough to prevent this from happening.

BDS 3" Ram 1500 Rear Spring Mod
SUMO SPRING SSR-407-47 1800lb Gladiator

I have the JKS 3” lift on my Mojave. I had it installed to address the sag after having an AluCab canopy camper, steel bumpers, winch, and a inch of other crap installed. The allegedly HD coils did not help as expected so I had airbags installed too. They helped the sag but affected the ride, especially off-road.

I have HD Dobinsons in the garage now and they will hopefully be getting installed at the end of the month and will fix the issue. I also have replaced the Fox Mojave rear shocks with Fox Elite 2.5s and will replace the fronts soon.

Bottom line, the JKS lift did not impress me. The Rock Krawler a buddy installed looks much more substantial and sexier.

Sponsored

Deleted member 28696

Got it. Makes sense. I hope you get them soon. They’re amazing. I did the install myself in about 6 hours in the driveway. Would have gone more quickly without all the snow on the driveway. :) we have way different wheels and tires. I’ll play with the psi, but maybe it will get softer in the back after the spring swap as well. Ram 1500 trucks aren’t that harsh. You did fox 2.0’s as well right?
I have the fox 2.0 performance shocks, Yeti steering brace etc. I wanted a good ride. Looking back I probably should have done the RSE’s & body armor myself. I installed all my KC lights, pier supports, 115v outlet etc. I have two locking MAXTRAX mounts for my RSI smartcap that I’m going to install on the wing doors here shortly.

Deleted member 28696

We’re you able to get your springs swapped yet? How’s it ride now?
They are being installed yesterday and today had to leave it overnight at Trail Jeeps. So the RSE power steps, step lights, optional Rock Guards for the steps, I basically ordered the whole complete kit. The Sumu Springs got installed yesterday with the Ram 1500 springs for the rear only. Trail Jeeps seems to do good work but they are terrible at communication. They didn't let me know that the 1800lb Sumu bump stock springs and the RAM 1500 springs were in stock. They acted surprised when I mentioned it to them when I dropped of the truck for the Power Step install and said oh we've had those in stock? WTH why didn't they let me know? They don't check their outstanding orders or inform customers. The more I deal with them the more I see this is a pattern. Not sure who'd I'd take it to that would do better is the problem. I'll have to check everything when I pick it up today to make sure all the correct parts were installed.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
They are being installed yesterday and today had to leave it overnight at Trail Jeeps. So the RSE power steps, step lights, optional Rock Guards for the steps, I basically ordered the whole complete kit. The Sumu Springs got installed yesterday with the Ram 1500 springs for the rear only. Trail Jeeps seems to do good work but they are terrible at communication. They didn't let me know that the 1800lb Sumu bump stock springs and the RAM 1500 springs were in stock. They acted surprised when I mentioned it to them when I dropped of the truck for the Power Step install and said oh we've had those in stock? WTH why didn't they let me know? They don't check their outstanding orders or inform customers. The more I deal with them the more I see this is a pattern. Not sure who'd I'd take it to that would do better is the problem. I'll have to check everything when I pick it up today to make sure all the correct parts were installed.
Communication could be better, but their quality of work and customer service is outstanding. No one is perfect, least of all me, but I’m happy with the result of my project, and am very confident in them standing behind their work. I’d recommend them to anyone.

I’ve seen many people attempt lifts like this on their own (not everyone by any means) and then complain about brake line lengths, bump stops, sagging, load when trailering, death wobble, etc. I went to them with what I wanted the end result to be functionally, and they knew how to do that. They then did what they said they’d do and it performs amazingly well on very difficult obstacles.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Yeah but as far as I know they still don't have a diesel specific lift! Kinda weak!

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Unrelated, why did you decide to put your spare up top? Just curious. My 37 fit fine underneath with the bent clayton track bar.

Sponsored

Deleted member 28696

Communication could be better, but their quality of work and customer service is outstanding. No one is perfect, least of all me, but I’m happy with the result of my project, and am very confident in them standing behind their work. I’d recommend them to anyone.

I’ve seen many people attempt lifts like this on their own (not everyone by any means) and then complain about brake line lengths, bump stops, sagging, load when trailering, death wobble, etc. I went to them with what I wanted the end result to be functionally, and they knew how to do that. They then did what they said they’d do and it performs amazingly well on very difficult obstacles.
Maybe their different with you but it’s been a fight almost every time on my projects, these bump stops were ordered months ago. Now I found out they have been in stock & no one told me? They previously called me in to have the steps installed & ended up being the wrong parts after a 5 month wait. They kept my vehicle two days & didn’t tell me the parts were wrong & they couldn’t install the steps. They didn’t need to keep it for two days. They installed my body armor & didn’t even wash the sides first just went on top of the snow & road grime. On the lift work they lost my wheel lock tool & wouldn’t replace it. The mechanical work they do seems to be good but their processes & way of doing business is really messed up.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah but as far as I know they still don't have a diesel specific lift! Kinda weak!
I thought they did. Oh well. Have you asked them if their 3-3.5 lift works for the diesel as well? Maybe it’s just closer to the 3” range with the slight weight difference in the front. How much heavier is the diesel compared to the pentastar?

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe their different with you but it’s been a fight almost every time on my projects, these bump stops were ordered months ago. Now I found out they have been in stock & no one told me? They previously called me in to have the steps installed & ended up being the wrong parts after a 5 month wait. They kept my vehicle two days & didn’t tell me the parts were wrong & they couldn’t install the steps. They didn’t need to keep it for two days. They installed my body armor & didn’t even wash the sides first just went on top of the snow & road grime. On the lift work they lost my wheel lock tool & wouldn’t replace it. The mechanical work they do seems to be good but their processes & way of doing business is really messed up.
All I can say is they’ve been good to me. Sorry your experience has been different. Maybe they’re not as excited to go the extra mile after the bad google review you gave them regarding the spline tool. Just a thought. Your experience has been bad since you left that review. I ordered pizza for the shop and my experience has been great.

Deleted member 28696

Unrelated, why did you decide to put your spare up top? Just curious. My 37 fit fine underneath with the bent clayton track bar.
I have 37x20 wheels & figured that it most likely would not fit. Didn’t want to invest in the Clayton bar it may not work with it. I didn’t want it to rest on anything moving under the carriage. I want to install a Decked System so don’t want it in the bed. I like the looks of it on top on the rack.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have 37x20 wheels & figured that it most likely would not fit. Didn’t want to invest in the Clayton bar it may not work with it. I didn’t want it to rest on anything moving under the carriage. I want to install a Decked System so don’t want it in the bed. I like the looks of it on top on the rack.
A 20” rim won’t fit any differently than a 17”. It’s the outer diameter that matters. Either way, if you like it cosmetically that’s another matter. I don’t like being top heavy, and wouldn’t want to have to get it up there with a flat.
Sponsored