First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 CJ7 - 2022 Gladiator Rubicon on order
Occupation
Police Officer
I have a Gladiator in order. My question is, which USB outlet(s) can be used to connect to Apple Car Play?
Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Supposedly just the one on the dash, but I use the one in the center console all the time.

Kevin

Edit: OK, the Owner's Manual says that both the dash & center console USB ports will work with CarPlay.

Last edited:

mrworldwide79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Supposedly just the one on the dash, but I use the one in the center console all the time.

Kevin
Both are supposed to work but many people have connectivity issues with the one in the center console, myself included. I use the usb-c on the dash.

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
I use the USB-B on the Dash and have my iPhone mounted just above it.
I've had zero issues

20blue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 overland diesel
Occupation
Construction
I have to use the one on the back of my console. The dash or inside console very poor connection.

Sponsored

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Have always used the center armrest/console with a quality cable (in 3 different Jeeps). Never had an issue.

Broccoli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
You can chose either the one on the dash or in the center console. I use the console and haven’t had a problem as long as i use an Apple cable.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
So for those of us getting errors and issues with the center console one, does anybody know what the fix is? just found out today only the one on the dash works for me. But its in a awkward spot. Would rather use the center console one

GibbonsMonkey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator; 2020 Ford F350
Mine used to work flawlessly in both my JL and my JT. Now the center console errors after 20 minutes or so. It’s not the cable, as I have tried multiple Apple cables. If others are having the same issue, it can only be an iOS update or an over the air head unit update that broke it almost a year back.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Mine used to work flawlessly in both my JL and my JT. Now the center console errors after 20 minutes or so. It’s not the cable, as I have tried multiple Apple cables. If others are having the same issue, it can only be an iOS update or an over the air head unit update that broke it almost a year back.
thats weird. So in my case car play works when plugged into the usb up front. But does not work with the usb in center console. It tries to. But after a few minutes gives an error and also stops charging my phone.

Sponsored

GibbonsMonkey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thats weird. So in my case car play works when plugged into the usb up front. But does not work with the usb in center console. It tries to. But after a few minutes gives an error and also stops charging my phone.
Ditto. This is the problem.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester

Spcbl1

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Mojave, 1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Occupation
IT Director
Having the same problem and its annoying as hell. Center console worked great with an apple cable up until November of 2021. I dont know if it was an update at that time but it drops when doing anything other than just playing music. I personally hate the way they designed the ports on the dash and hate clutter/cables hanging all over as well as the silly flap sticking out, so i prefer to use the in console port. Unfortunately Jeep and Stellantis could not give two sh*ts about this because it would appear that even after multiple people have this mentioned this problem there is no acknowledgement or resolution as of yet.

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (JTR)
Long trips: I use the dash USB-C to keep phone charged while it's mounted.
Short trips: I just leave phone in my pocket and use a wireless CarPlay adapter in the USB-A center console bin.

Both methods work 100% of the time for me. Obviously you can't use both at the same time so unplug the wireless adapter for the road trips. :)

GibbonsMonkey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went to the dealer today to get some recalls done. I mentioned the center console issue, and asked him to check for TSB.

They apparently found one. Note says ,”Inspect, found TSB for issue.” Correction - “Update radio per TSB complete.”

Tried CarPlay on the way home, and it worked for the first time in ages. About 45 minute drive. I am optimistic.
Sponsored