Sponsored

Approaching warranty expiration. What should I double check?

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
my 8/125k 100ded on my new 22 mojave was 2915 through Zach@Granger . it gets more expensive if you have more than 12k miles (an extra $430)

Go to Choose your plan – Jeep Factory Warranty and look at their pricing. They run $400 over cost. Granger is $50 over cost and Tom/Hayes is $100 over cost.

I will be getting the extended warranty very soon. I have one year left on the 3 year warranty and only have 14k miles on the truck.

So are you saying the warranty price can vary depending on where you purchase it from?
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I will be getting the extended warranty very soon. I have one year left on the 3 year warranty and only have 14k miles on the truck.

So are you saying the warranty price can vary depending on where you purchase it from?
Absolutely. If you try to buy direct from mopar it's about 650 over cost IIRC. Granger has the cheapest advertised price, Hayes is close and they will go 45over if you tell them your Granger price, but I don't care enough about $5 and prefer to use the person putting their upfront price the cheapest

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Absolutely. If you try to buy direct from mopar it's about 650 over cost IIRC. Granger has the cheapest advertised price, Hayes is close and they will go 45over if you tell them your Granger price, but I don't care enough about $5 and prefer to use the person putting their upfront price the cheapest
So pardon my ignorance but when you say mopar is $650 over cost what do you mean by “over cost?”

I look at the warranty prices and I’m quoted $600-$1000 for a decent warranty.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I have 8yrs or 100k miles and $100 deductible and through Tom it cost me $1865 2 years ago

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
So pardon my ignorance but when you say mopar is $650 over cost what do you mean by “over cost?”

I look at the warranty prices and I’m quoted $600-$1000 for a decent warranty.
Over Cost is in reference to the cost to the dealer for the Mopar Extended Warranty package. This is a high-profit item for dealers. There are a few that sell it at a discount and make money on volume.

Where is the pricing coming from for what you see as a decent warranty? There are some third-party warranties that have been reported to be okay. The problem with non-Mopar warranties is you have a third-party, not the servicing dealer, deciding what repairs are allowed for your vehicle.

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I have 8yrs or 100k miles and $100 deductible and through Tom it cost me $1865 2 years ago
Warranty prices have increased multiple times over the last couple years. I know for a fact they increased in may of this year as Tom quoted me at 2715 in March when I ordered my mojave and then in late may when I brought mine home it was up to 2965.

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Over Cost is in reference to the cost to the dealer for the Mopar Extended Warranty package. This is a high-profit item for dealers. There are a few that sell it at a discount and make money on volume.

Where is the pricing coming from for what you see as a decent warranty? There are some third-party warranties that have been reported to be okay. The problem with non-Mopar warranties is you have a third-party, not the servicing dealer, deciding what repairs are allowed for your vehicle.
thanks. I figured thats what he meant. I was seeing some quotes for 5 and 6 year warranties for under $1000 on some random mopar extended warranties but I’m wondering if those quotes are low.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
thanks. I figured thats what he meant. I was seeing some quotes for 5 and 6 year warranties for under $1000 on some random mopar extended warranties but I’m wondering if those quotes are low.
There are also several levels to the Mopar Extended Warranty. The cost will vary with how many components are covered, what the deductible (cost per incident) is, and the length of the coverage (time and miles).

Steveg137

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Marketing
I just emailed Tom and Mopar put prices up in May - darn - still going to do it though

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can I ask what the prices are? I was about to email him.
To get an accurate quote, you'll need to email your VIN and mileage. The price will also vary depending on the plan chosen and the deductible.

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
To get an accurate quote, you'll need to email your VIN and mileage. The price will also vary depending on the plan chosen and the deductible.
I’m totally aware of that. I was just hoping to hear some ballpark numbers from you.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m totally aware of that. I was just hoping to hear some ballpark numbers from you.
I did a 7 year Max Care Unlimited mileage $100 deductible. It was about $3500. I would have to go search for the total.

MarkO

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JT
I was quoted $4685 for my 2020 JTR with 27k miles direct from Mopar. There was an additional $500 added because I had the Mopar 2” suspension installed. Passed.
My 2020 JLUR with 15k miles was $3515, but they would take 25% off of that if I bought both warranties. Passed…

edit, both Max Care.

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
They are definitely not cheap but could easily pay for themselves, such a gamble. I have 14k miles on my 2020 and I would probably only go with a 3 or 5 year warranty. So far no issues with my truck but having that peace of mind is nice.
Sponsored