First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Software Sales Engineer
Picking up a new fridge and I’m undecided between the 63 qt Classis Series II or the Elements version. Any reason to get the Elemeant if it will be sitting underneath my trifold bed cover? Classis Series II comes with Bluetooth module...
Sponsored

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
Picking up a new fridge and I’m undecided between the 63 qt Classis Series II or the Elements version. Any reason to get the Elemeant if it will be sitting underneath my trifold bed cover? Classis Series II comes with Bluetooth module...
Unless you are mounting to something exposed, go with the series 2. You can get a bluetooth module for the elements, but it will only read the temp, not allow you to do more than that.

The Elements was designed for the tradesman in Australia where they need a fridge to permanently mount to a flatbed tray or bed and would be exposed to the weather all the time.

w113msh

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Pilot
I have the Elements and installed the Bluetooth module for it. Now, I am running the ARB Linx, let me make that very clear, because, I can not only monitor my Elements, but I can also control it. I am able to lock/unlock it, turn it off/on, and program up to 3 different temperature settings.
I have heard the Elements with Bluetooth module, you can only monitor, but the Linx manuals read otherwise. So, I decided to try it and yes the Elements can be controlled fully. I do not know if it can still be controlled fully if not running the Linx though. Hope that helps.

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have the Elements and installed the Bluetooth module for it. Now, I am running the ARB Linx, let me make that very clear, because, I can not only monitor my Elements, but I can also control it. I am able to lock/unlock it, turn it off/on, and program up to 3 different temperature settings.
I have heard the Elements with Bluetooth module, you can only monitor, but the Linx manuals read otherwise. So, I decided to try it and yes the Elements can be controlled fully. I do not know if it can still be controlled fully if not running the Linx though. Hope that helps.
When LINX came out, the next batch or so of Elements were going to be updated. I think there's still a lot of old stock out there to make it public just yet.

I have LINX installed in my YJ and will probably install it in my Gladiator.

w113msh

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Pilot
When LINX came out, the next batch or so of Elements were going to be updated. I think there's still a lot of old stock out there to make it public just yet.

I have LINX installed in my YJ and will probably install it in my Gladiator.
Yes, it does matter how new the Elements fridge is. The user manual for the Bluetooth module even states that with the newer models you will have full functionality. I did have a new fridge (not just new in the box, but new production, not an older elements that was produced years ago and still in the box new).

So to AZTJR, if you want the elements and the full control make sure its a newer produced version.

Sponsored

Centerville

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Project Manager
So is the elements model the only one made to be outside all the time? Some don't even mention operating environment.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
The LINX system is pretty slick; I just wish they would release it as an app rather than a standalone "dumb" Android phone. One more thing to hang off the dash, I guess. :swear:

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The LINX system is pretty slick; I just wish they would release it as an app rather than a standalone "dumb" Android phone. One more thing to hang off the dash, I guess. :swear:
The reason for no app is that most phones could not handle the extreme heat on dashboards/a-pillars in Australia while testing. So ARB found a manufacture that could build a mobile unit that could handle the heat. Hell I’ve had my brand newish iPhone shut down due to heat while in my pocket.

Also, phones mounted to dashboards are illegal in many countries, but not gps or switching units such as LINX.
ARB did just release and app and hardware for automated tire inflation, which is one of my favorite functions of LINX.

arjeeper

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave Gladiator
Did you end up getting the ARB Elements or another fridge? I was wondering which fridge and which bed cover if you were able to find a version that worked for you.

I love my ARB Zero, but it won’t fit under a bed cover so I need to look for another option.
Sponsored