Sponsored

ARE Gladiator Shell Pre Order

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Picked up this cap a few days ago. Not sure of all the specs but it seems to have everything. Local place had it brand new for $1795. They said it was a factory new second but I can’t find anything wrong with it. It’s granite crystal now but I will be bed lining it in the next couple weeks. Got tired of tools and material getting stolen out of my truck.
249A2144-1254-4E6C-9465-3819D7ED60DF.jpeg
Looks like solid sides. Toolboxes?
Sponsored

MickeyHogan72

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Looks like solid sides. Toolboxes?
No tool boxes. I like keeping the space open on the inside. I bring whatever tools need for any particular jobs I’m doing so usually Rigid tool boxes. I’m probably going to switch out the solid panels at some point to the flip up windows

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
On my current truck, I drilled out the rivets and replaced them with rivnuts and screws. 9 screws, and the box is out for more space in the bed. It's like having a pair of small, weather tight trunks (great for contactless curbside pickup over the past year and change). And when I need to, pop them out, and I can fit whatever big stuff I need in the bed.

rpres62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Carpet was free in mine, but it adds a little insulation, sound deadening and gives you a way to secure wiring runs (velcro)
i use bedrug for the same reasons

solfrost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator
I ordered a CX Classic on March 1st and was quoted 8-10 weeks, pinged them for an update earlier this week and it's sounding more like mid-June for shipping on mine, anyway. Looking forward to it, even if the delay is a little disappointing.
Estimated delivery for me is now mid-July, this is getting pretty ridiculous -- it'll be over double the quoted time if the new delivery date holds. Wish I had ordered it sooner but I just didn't have the cash for it at the time, alas. Hope they can work out whatever logistics issues they're having for everybody's sake heh.

Sponsored

fuelcell1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Granite
Estimated delivery for me is now mid-July, this is getting pretty ridiculous -- it'll be over double the quoted time if the new delivery date holds. Wish I had ordered it sooner but I just didn't have the cash for it at the time, alas. Hope they can work out whatever logistics issues they're having for everybody's sake heh.

Sure hope so! Ive had mine for 1 year this weekend and couldn't be happier.

msrebel

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5; 2021 Sarge Green JT Rubicon Diesel
Sure hope so! Ive had mine for 1 year this weekend and couldn't be happier.
Mine is STILL not in. They keep giving me dates and then not delivering... I'm so ready to have it!

ckgjt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Max ToE
yikes...I am only one month in on my order and seeing these crazy lead times has me bummed. I guess it is not only ARE as I was quoted about the same time for a RSI shell...

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (JTR)
yikes...I am only one month in on my order and seeing these crazy lead times has me bummed. I guess it is not only ARE as I was quoted about the same time for a RSI shell...
Right now it seems to be 4 months. I ordered April 15th - they told me 3 months so that would be July 15th-ish - I called a week or so ago to get an update to see if it was on schedule but now it's middle August. This seems to be what everyone is experiencing currently.
Sponsored