ARE Gladiator Shell Pre Order

Eastforku

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red
Has anyone ordered a shell with the OTR coating on it? I'm curious of the color compared to the black hard top> Thanks.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
Has anyone ordered a shell with the OTR coating on it? I'm curious of the color compared to the black hard top> Thanks.
You can find pictures on line. Not a great match. They have a flat black option that doesn’t cost extra and matches better.
Jeep Gladiator ARE Gladiator Shell Pre Order C0606C03-0C63-4690-A085-ED4349D33D95
Jeep Gladiator ARE Gladiator Shell Pre Order 2AD167F8-7A95-439C-B2F0-9A55335D0E6D

5B589B8D-546E-46B3-A0C4-B3779E5578C7.jpeg

D91ED085-238B-4122-8AAA-B9C0D9157F4A.jpeg

Last edited:

SkyKing

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Has anyone added Yakama bike racks for the ARE cap? When I travel I’d like to have the bikes on top of the Jeep.

fuelcell1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Granite
found out today that mine has a ship date of June 25. will post photos.

Sponsored

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee
Has anyone added Yakama bike racks for the ARE cap? When I travel I’d like to have the bikes on top of the Jeep.
I added the Yakima rails, but no bike rack. I got them for a future bike rack or for my Yakima basket if I need extra storage.

SkyKing

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I added the Yakima rails, but no bike rack. I got them for a future bike rack or for my Yakima basket if I need extra storage.
Yakima racks are expensive and require additional accessories to lock everything.
I want to make sure I make the right choice. We’ve got ebikes so they’re about 40 lbs without batteries and front wheel.
I might need to carry a platform with me to place them in the rack.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
Yakima racks are expensive and require additional accessories to lock everything.
I want to make sure I make the right choice. We’ve got ebikes so they’re about 40 lbs without batteries and front wheel.
The only thing the Yakima racks need is the lock core- they come separate so you can buy a matching set for all your stuff. Yes, the stuff gets expensive fast, but I've had my Q-towers since 2000 (mounted to 5-6 different vehicles), Control towers since 2006 (truck cap then JK hard top) and Railgrab since 2013. they still make replacement parts for everything and its STOUT!
Yeah, I wouldn't want to hoist a 40lb bike onto a roof rack either.

Sponsored

SkyKing

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only thing the Yakima racks need is the lock core- they come separate so you can buy a matching set for all your stuff. Yes, the stuff gets expensive fast, but I've had my Q-towers since 2000 (mounted to 5-6 different vehicles), Control towers since 2006 (truck cap then JK hard top) and Railgrab since 2013. they still make replacement parts for everything and its STOUT!
Yeah, I wouldn't want to hoist a 40lb bike onto a roof rack either.
I watched a few videos about loading roof racks. If I do it on the cap I’ll need a step up. I suppose there’s a technique that will need to be used... where to grab the bikes...
Trade off on everything.
I’m also looking at 1up USA options.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
I watched a few videos about loading roof racks. If I do it on the cap I’ll need a step up. I suppose there’s a technique that will need to be used... where to grab the bikes...
Trade off on everything.
I’m also looking at 1up USA options.
The bars I have on the JKU were bought for my Tundra cap, so they're 66". On the Jeep, they're well above head knocking height (not the case on the Forester or Odyssey). I have the bike racks mounted outboard of the towers. this lets you lift the bike straight up, rather than up and over the roof. The original owner left some obvious front fork scuffs in the hard top from missing the fork mount.

SkyKing

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The bars I have on the JKU were bought for my Tundra cap, so they're 66". On the Jeep, they're well above head knocking height (not the case on the Forester or Odyssey). I have the bike racks mounted outboard of the towers. this lets you lift the bike straight up, rather than up and over the roof. The original owner left some obvious front fork scuffs in the hard top from missing the fork mount.
That’s a great idea. I don’t have the bar on the cap right now. I’ll install them tonight and lift the bike up in that area.

tmcarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Just took delivery on my JT Sport S Max Tow this past Friday. Traded my 2018 JL (my those things hold their value). I just received a quote on a bare-bones ARE Classic CX for $2,030.96, seems high compared with other prices from this thread.
My question is...my JT has a Premium Soft Top. I know I may not be able to get between cab and topper to remove/reinstall vinyl window but does anyone know if there is any physical fitment issues? Will the CX fit without contacting the soft top? Any information would be greatly appreciated. I went back through this thread and did not see any info on soft tops, however I may have missed it...if so, please forgive the question.
Sponsored