Space Invader

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I asked ARE through their online submission form if they would make a cap for the Gladiator. They responded:

"
Good Morning

Thank You for your inquiry. We currently have only 2 Fiberglass & 3 Aluminum units in design stage for the Gladiator. The HD units with the internal Aluminum Skeleton is NOT being designed at this time for the Gladiator. With these units in design stage we have NO ETA at this time. Once they pass all testing we will then release a date for production. Please keep in contact with your local A.R.E dealer as they are updated when products are released for production.

Thank You

A.R.E
"
Sponsored

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU and 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I wonder if it'll be offered in the flat black that matches the black fenders and hardtops.

gladi_recon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I wonder why they wouldn't start the model with the internal support for the Overlanding community first since they will be some of the first customers searching the market.

Grandpa Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired Deputy Sheriff
I asked ARE through their online submission form if they would make a cap for the Gladiator. They responded:

"
Good Morning

Thank You for your inquiry. We currently have only 2 Fiberglass & 3 Aluminum units in design stage for the Gladiator. The HD units with the internal Aluminum Skeleton is NOT being designed at this time for the Gladiator. With these units in design stage we have NO ETA at this time. Once they pass all testing we will then release a date for production. Please keep in contact with your local A.R.E dealer as they are updated when products are released for production.

Thank You

A.R.E
"
I just contacted A.R.E. and they are in the final process of testing their CX classic model. It should soon be on the production market. I also contacted LEER and they have dropped the ball on any development at this time. Very disappointing. Looks like A.R.E. is going to be the lone major manufacturer of a fiberglass cap for the Gladiator at this time. I'll be placing my order as soon as they are available..!!

Hello

A.R.E is not excepting orders until all testing has passed. It is up to the dealer if they want to take pre-orders, but they will not be able to enter them into our system until they have been released for production. We do not have an ETA at this time, once testing is complete we will then release a production date. Please keep in contact with your local dealer as they will be notified of new releases.

Thank You

A.R.E

Last edited:

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
This already has a thread open, its a preorder for the canopies, and there are some pictures loaded too.

Sponsored

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
It's in the same forum category, or you can use the search function.

Grandpa Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired Deputy Sheriff
Link please
I don't know what you mean, however A.R.E. is in the final testing of their CX Classic fiberglass cap and should soon be in production. I don't know if the other two CX models will be available as a final result of their testing.

Hello

A.R.E is not excepting orders until all testing has passed. It is up to the dealer if they want to take pre-orders, but they will not be able to enter them into our system until they have been released for production. We do not have an ETA at this time, once testing is complete we will then release a production date. Please keep in contact with your local dealer as they will be notified of new releases.

Thank You

A.R.E

Last edited:

Grandpa Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired Deputy Sheriff
Link please
Hello

Thank You

A.R.E

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator

Sponsored

Grandpa Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired Deputy Sheriff
I just checked the A.R.E. web page, and the Jeep Gladiator CX Classic is now available for purchase. Will be ordering mine later today.

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
A heads-up to those thinking a RTT can go on top of the CX, especially since they are selling with the Yakima rails. This is not the heavy duty model and I have read on the Tacoma forums some are complaining the shell has developed cracks from the weight load. Not sure why they didn't go the HD route, especially since the Gladiator is an off-road vehicle and will so through stress inducing dips and bumps. You bounce 130lbs on the roof of this shell and it is like doubling or tripling the weight on the roof for a second. Do that for several hours and I can see why you can get stress cracking. On the other hand, if you just do pavement or smooth gravel, you might not have these problems. Just food for thought.
Sponsored