Sponsored

Are the days of Gladiators holding their values gone?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe in your area of the country. 95% of the time I see a JL or a JT the top is on. In the northern climates it seems that people are not concerned about taking off or folding back tops.

Jeep better be very aware what the competition is offering up these days. It will affect Gladiator demand and resale prices. Less so with the Wrangler.
[/Q

I've heard it for years with the wranglers about this and that will affect resale value. That's just never the case even when the competition has more bells and whistles. People who want a Jeep are gonna buy a Jeep. There is a reason they are looking at one and it's got little little to do with it being a comfortable option with all the bells and whistles
Sponsored

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado 1500 Custom/Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Occupation
Retired for now!
A month ago I would have agreed with you, but 2 weeks ago I traded in my '22 base sport manual here in Middle Tennessee for more than the $36,313.00 I paid for it, which included a $3450 "lifetime warranty" from a third party. I got $37,000 for the trade in, and I get the $3450 refunded. I got a Gladiator rubicon that was marked down to $50,999.

I'm not sure when the trade ins are going to get more realistic, but I have no idea how that dealership didn't lose money on that deal. Either way, I walked away happy.
Good Job, Mike! Gupton?

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I am keeping mine till it is dead since I love it so personally dont care about trade in value. There will always be a newer and better to draw in buyers. I just ignore it and enjoy the ride. My FJ passed 100K miles a few months ago and I consider that barely broke in. People keep trying to buy the dang thing from us because it was never a big seller and then all of a sudden got a cult following after you could not get one. I expect to do the same mileage with the JT Sport S Max Tow with ALL of the packages). My perfect future is these two vehicles with 300K miles and lots of life enjoyment.

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Unless I get a smoking trade in value my nearly paid for JT isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. I snagged 0% last year and 7.5% seems to be the average which WAS bad/poor/no credit territory just a year ago.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Broncos helped push Wrangler selling prices up because you couldn’t get a Bronco. That lack of availability probably drove people planning on buying a Bronco to the Jeep as well. Agree with the doors /top comment, but there are a lot of Gladiators and Wranglers that rarely see the tops removed. The new trucks coming out are equally as capable as a Jeep and will have more power, features and quite possibly lower prices. There is a reason Jeep is finally adding more luxury and safety features to the Wrangler. A 400+ hp Ranger Raptor for about the same money as a Gladiator Rubicon will be very compelling to midsize truck buyers.
Heck you barely even see any Bronco's around out this way. An occasional one but have seen a lot more Gladiators lately than I have seen in some time. I'm still the only one sporting a soft top that I have seen so I am the weird kid in the bunch

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
JL and JT values hold pretty damn well I must say.

Were still getting offers for our 2019 Mojito! JLUR for 44-47k; granted it is completely loaded and only has 23,000 miles on it. BUT we only paid 51k for it.

SO 4 years later, it has only depreciated 4-7k, that pretty damn good to me

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I am not seeing anything close to OP list anywhere in Illinois, including Chicagoland, which typically has lowest prices in the state.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Following....interesting!

Sponsored

BearDog

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport Max Tow. '20 H2SXSE+. RV-4 Airplane
Occupation
Machine Shop Manager
Value up... Value down...

Makes no difference to me. When I bought mine, I knew it was the last truck I'd own. Plan on keeping mine 'til the kids put me in a home because I won't stop shi!!ing myself :rock:

jaydubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Newbie here hoping to find a Gladiator and have been looking at new and used and it seems prices are all over the place. I'm seeing some of those big discounts for new but when I contact the dealer you find that you have to be military, first responder, a teacher and an astronaut to qualify. Plus the prices don't include freight.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
Newbie here hoping to find a Gladiator and have been looking at new and used and it seems prices are all over the place. I'm seeing some of those big discounts for new but when I contact the dealer you find that you have to be military, first responder, a teacher and an astronaut to qualify. Plus the prices don't include freight.
Mt Juliet Tennessee CDJR and Gupton CDJR also in Springfield, Tennessee are good dealers if you are willing to travel a bit.

Mt. Juliet Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Mt Juliet TN | Serving Mount Juliet and Lebanon | Mt. Juliet Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram (mountjulietcdjr.com)

Gupton Motors Inc. | Local Car Dealership | Springfield, TN

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Market correction like @ShadowsPapa stated, combined with "incentives" to get you on the lot. If you read the qualifiers, there are numerous disclaimers regarding " qualified customers" , certain types of financing etc which most people won't qualify for. The $10K is made up of numerous items.

MSRP$41,070
Mayse Discount 1
- $3,000
Sale Price $38,070
Bonus Trade Rebate 2
- $2,000
2023 Jeep Denver BC Federal State Regional Bonus Cash DECPS 3
- $3,000
2023 Jeep Denver BC Bonus Cash DECPA 4

Bottom line, few people will be able to purchase any of these vehicles for $10K under MSRP.
Sponsored