Sponsored

How well are Gladiator's holding their value?

Gadgetech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
If I compare the MSRP (aka Sticker) to what Carvana offers, it's about $10k less.
Sponsored

Akgladiator

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Gladiator Wrangler Camaro Mustang GXP Taurus
Occupation
Bee
3 to 5 years from now we shall see how well the value holds

YayMud!

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
car guru
I would say they are holding their value pretty well. I bought a 2020 Sport S in February. In March I saw a 2021 80th Anniversary with a lot more equipment and just asked what the trade-in would be on my Jeep. Turns out it was worth more than I paid for it so it was an easy decision. (I do plan to keep the 2021 80th Anniversary quite a bit longer than a month.) ;)

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
vroom gives pretty strong offers. They did better than carvana on a maxima that I sold to get a wrx. I shopped the wrx around to trade/sell to get my JT, and vroom did better than carvana, Carmax, and dealer.

I fully expect the gladiator to hold its value well. It’s a Jeep Wrangler with a bed, how can it not?

(don’t hate on me for saying our gladiators are just a Jeep Wrangler with a bed. We know our JTs are far superior!! lol)

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold JLU Sport S for JTM, JL Willys Sport
I just did a VROOM quote on my JLU Sport S and it was $2k more than Carvana that was almost $3k more than a KBB or trade in. They show no inventory on 4 doors too so that must be driving the price. It's actually $144 more than I purchased it at in 2018 and has 45k miles, which is unreal. No brainer/will sale right away to lower my Mojave payments.

Sponsored

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
It's better than you think, from an investment standpoint.

The positive end of the list, The Tesla Model 3 looks like it's nearly as good of an investment as the automaker's bonds. The in-demand model lost an average of just 2.1% of its original sale price, making a strong argument for spending extra to get that new-car smell.

The Toyota Tacoma, which is often at or near the top of the residual value lists, was second at 4.2% and followed by the Kia Telluride (5.7%), which was the 2020 North American Utility Vehicle of the Year. The Jeep Gladiator and Ford Ranger tied for fourth at 7.1%, which represented losses of $3,373 and $2,416, respectively.

from Foxnews, 4/6/2021; https://www.foxnews.com/auto/5-cars-you-might-not-want-to-buy-new-and-5-you-do

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I saw an article about a year ago mentioning how the Wrangler had the best resale of any vehicle, 8 of the other top 10 vehicles were trucks. I'd be shocked if these don't hold their value very well. But it's not an investment, it's an asset.

B18ROH

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2016 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Not going to matter when everything is electric by 2025! :LOL: Drive it till it dies!!

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I bought my 2015 JK in sept of 2014 for $31k, just sold it yesterday for $30k.
hoping my new Gladiator does as good.

I also had 2009 rubicon that I bought for $31k and sold in 2013 for 28k.
I never understood how Jeeps can hold value that well. After looking at used prices it became clear that new is the only way to go on these things.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I never understood how Jeeps can hold value that well. After looking at used prices it became clear that new is the only way to go on these things.
It's the same with any desirable vehicle. Late-model Used prices for anything from Toyota, Honda or Subaru are always high. Might as well buy new. Anything with 4-wheel drive, might as well buy new. Jeep Wrangler? Might as well buy new. To me, it's worth it to pay just a few more thousand for a new vehicle with full factory warranty. And, strangely, I can always negotiate a good discount on a new vehicle. Try that with a used vehicle and you will likely get nowhere. There are always too many people looking for a, "Good used car or truck". Sellers have no incentive to discount desirable used vehicles.

If you want a used Chevrolet Malibu or Impala, you're in luck. People pretty much give those things away.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
It's the same with any desirable vehicle. Late-model Used prices for anything from Toyota, Honda or Subaru are always high. Might as well buy new. Anything with 4-wheel drive, might as well buy new. Jeep Wrangler? Might as well buy new. To me, it's worth it to pay just a few more thousand for a new vehicle with full factory warranty. And, strangely, I can always negotiate a good discount on a new vehicle. Try that with a used vehicle and you will likely get nowhere. There are always too many people looking for a, "Good used car or truck". Sellers have no incentive to discount desirable used vehicles.

If you want a used Chevrolet Malibu or Impala, you're in luck. People pretty much give those things away.
I agree it worth it to just pay more for the new, its just so odd that Jeeps can even move at these prices used. You factor in the higher financing on the used one and a lot of times the difference is even less. I was super confused when toyota was offering 0% financing on new only, plus the incentives and everything the new ones were actually cheaper over 5 years than any of the newer used stock. I know some people just hate the idea of new, but saving maybe a few thousand to end up with a vehicle with 10s of thousands of miles doesn't make much sense.

Mint.com somehow says my JT is worth more than I paid for it 16 months ago....

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I just got an offer from Carvana. Paid $47k for my JTR in November 2019. Offer from Carvana is $47,600. Only have a little over 6k miles, but still. I can't imagine what they would sell it for or who would be willing to pay more for a used JTR than a new JTR

Edit update: Got three prices:

Vroom $46.5k
Carvana $47.6k
Carmax $47.8k

Last edited:

Deinos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dakota, Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Software Eng.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
If you look at the for sale section on these forums, seems like a lot of people "know what they got" if you know what I mean. They forget that the same people that look there are the ones that also know how to get new for 7 or 8 percent below invoice.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Here in Cali there's a push towards going electric by 2035. So my guess is, at least in California, ICE cars and trucks will depreciate slower in the next 10 years.
Sponsored