Sponsored

How well are Gladiator's holding their value?

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I know they're still relatively new but what's the general consensus so far on how Gladiator's will hold their value over time? Are they depreciating at a rate similar to Wranglers or are they much worse?
This has been debated time and time again on the JL forums and the consensus is no the higher trims don’t bring better resale value:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/do-rubicons-really-have-better-resale-value.2719/

Of course there are exceptions to the rule:
1) mods don’t count as OEM items.
2) you get a ridiculous discount upfront... this can vary by locality and by trim based off what’s been sitting on the lot. This would offset resale.

Mojave’s will likely be similar to rubicon’s.

Carvana is not a good example by any means. They are all over the place with pricing and purchase prices for vehicles. They are new and trying to gain market share. Also their purchasing and sales trends vary based on the market.
Sponsored

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
I just got an offer from Carvana. Paid $47k for my JTR in November 2019. Offer from Carvana is $47,600. Only have a little over 6k miles, but still. I can't imagine what they would sell it for or who would be willing to pay more for a used JTR than a new JTR

Edit update: Got three prices:

Vroom $46.5k
Carvana $47.6k
Carmax $47.8k
wow, impressive, your area must be in high demand, all offers from Carvana here are much much lower than that