First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Healthcare
have a 2020 Mojave with factory aux switches. Looking for wires in engine bay. I know they are supposed to be on right side of battery next to larger and smaller wire bundle. Not there. Search previous threads and looked in wheel well behind shield. No luck.
Any other place that bundle might be? Contacted jeep-no luck. Dealer seems resistant to check it out.
Thanks
Shannon
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
They are there. The ends are black heat shrink capped and maybe taped up tight against the larger harness and not showing the colored wire sheathing. So it may take some digging into the harness to find.

OP
OP

Newtoit

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Healthcare
pulled everything out to include the airbox and battery box. Still not a 3rd set. Could they have been routed to some unusual location- can they be traced through the firewall?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Then contact the dealer and make a warranty claim. It should not be that difficult. Sometimes you have to push back to make things happen.

I do not know your skill level for such things is but I temper my advice with the caveat to make sure you have exhausted all avenues before making the dealer look for it as you have a 50/50 chance they will not be gentle in opening things up to look for it.

I would also say there is close to 0% chance it is not there if you actually bought the aux switch package and it was a factory install at build. If you bought the package after the fact and it was installed by the dealer post build, then all bets are off and it could be a botched dealer install.

Last edited:

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
My AUX wires were taped to the large harness by the battery. They were wrapped up and looked like part of the harness. One member had trouble locating his, and found them trapped underneath something below the big harness (fender liner, battery tray, can't remember exactly).

Look under the glove box and see if you can locate the inside set of wires. If you remove the glove box, they are easier to find. They are also taped up to the harness running under there.

If you do have the Factory Installed AUX switches, you would be the first to report here that the wires were not installed by the factory.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Newtoit

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Healthcare
will break apart this evening. Appreciate the input. Will keep taking stuff out until I find something.

Beewdawg

First Name
Brewdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Truck driver
will break apart this evening. Appreciate the input. Will keep taking stuff out until I find something.
My AUX wires were taped to the large harness by the battery. They were wrapped up and looked like part of the harness. One member had trouble locating his, and found them trapped underneath something below the big harness (fender liner, battery tray, can't remember exactly).

Look under the glove box and see if you can locate the inside set of wires. If you remove the glove box, they are easier to find. They are also taped up to the harness running under there.

If you do have the Factory Installed AUX switches, you would be the first to report here that the wires were not installed by the factory.
Just looked for my wiring and found them exactly where you said.
Also found a package of shrink tubes in my glove box.
Jeep Gladiator Aux switch wire location IMG_20210607_154448232

Radio Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer
I found both aux wires under the hood and under the glove box. Both are black cloth wrapped and were doubled back onto the wire harness and all wrapped up so it was very hard to spot even with it in my hands. The key thing to look for is a mystery loop in the harness that doubles back on itself and disappears. You have to start unwrapping the black cloth tape where the double back part gets thin and that will be the wire end side.

Beewdawg

First Name
Brewdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Truck driver
I found both aux wires under the hood and under the glove box. Both are black cloth wrapped and were doubled back onto the wire harness and all wrapped up so it was very hard to spot even with it in my hands. The key thing to look for is a mystery loop in the harness that doubles back on itself and disappears. You have to start unwrapping the black cloth tape where the double back part gets thin and that will be the wire end side.
I pulled my glove box out and didn't find those wires.
May have to take a better look this weekend.

Radio Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer
I pulled my glove box out and didn't find those wires.
May have to take a better look this weekend.
I just pulled the carpet away under the glove box right above where the passenger's feet would sit and could see the black cloth wrapped harness right away. The harness appears to go from the passenger door area across the passenger foot area towards the transmission hump. Look for a loop in the harness more towards the transmission hump that doubles back and the wires your looking for will be wrapped up inside more black cloth tape.

Sponsored

Beewdawg

First Name
Brewdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Truck driver
I just pulled the carpet away under the glove box right above where the passenger's feet would sit and could see the black cloth wrapped harness right away. The harness appears to go from the passenger door area across the passenger foot area towards the transmission hump. Look for a loop in the harness more towards the transmission hump that doubles back and the wires your looking for will be wrapped up inside more black cloth tape.
I'll take a look tomorrow.
I was mainly looking for the ones under the hood because I'll be installing some new off-road lights on my bumper this weekend.
Identifying the location of the interior wiring will be great for future reference.

OP
OP

Newtoit

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Healthcare
just returned from Jeep dealer looking for wires. No go. They will be bringing someone in to look in possibly another place. Jeep corporate no help

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Do the switch LED inside light up when activated? If they do light up, then I suspect the PDC is wired up as I think the relay return gives ground for those LED's.

There should also be a second interior break out of the 4 wires under the instrument panel on the passenger side. Are those there?

I would suggest regardless checking the Power Distribution Center (fuse box) that is wedge between the main battery and the fire wall and look for fuses F93 (AUX 1), F92 (AUX 2), F103 (AUX 3) and F108 (AUX 4) are installed? If installed, I would put a multi-meter across each fuse and activate each AUX switch inside and see if 12VDC is powered to each fuse.

If you are missing the fuses and there is no complete terminals inside the fuse block and/or power is not switching the fuses on with the AUX switch activation, your gladiator may have been built without the complete factory AUX switch wiring setup.

Attachments

OP
OP

Newtoit

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Healthcare
most definitve answer yet! Will get on it!