Sponsored

Auxiliary switch mod to cutout all exterior lights (including brake lights)

OP
OP
peterpilot379

peterpilot379

First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Pirate
I tried to get a picture with the DRLs off but with my phones night mode, it brightens everything 10 times brighter than it actually is thus giving you a false impression of actual brightness…..so kinda pointless.
Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I know this may seem odd, but I would like to run completely blacked out to reduce my footprint when entering the woods on the way to my deer stand. It’s private land so no legality issues with proper lighting requirements while driving in the dark. With older vehicles (before the days of daytime running lights) this was easy. I even had a simple switch to cutout the brake lights to really run dark. I’m wondering if this would be fairly easy to do with auxiliary switches to cutout running lights and brake lights on these modern day trucks. With all the complex software integrated with everything else, would it be easy to do without setting off bells and sirens? I have a 2021 Mojave. Thanks.
I believe I read that the Tazer Mini has a setting to do this.

OP
OP
peterpilot379

peterpilot379

First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Pirate
I believe I read that the Tazer Mini has a setting to do this.
Another posted the same and it seems this is correct however one guy commented that it only gives you total blackout in Park.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Another posted the same and it seems this is correct however one guy commented that it only gives you total blackout in Park.
My bad. Didn’t notice this was already mentioned. I’m thinking about getting one to address bed light timing. If I do I’ll test back out as well.

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
Tazer Mini def has this setting "Dark Mode" in the Live Menu - But the manual does not specify whether it only works in park or not.

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary switch mod to cutout all exterior lights (including brake lights) 1636646041804

Sponsored

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator-Willys /18 Wrangler JLU-Rubicon
I know this may seem odd, but I would like to run completely blacked out to reduce my footprint when entering the woods on the way to my deer stand. It’s private land so no legality issues with proper lighting requirements while driving in the dark. With older vehicles (before the days of daytime running lights) this was easy. I even had a simple switch to cutout the brake lights to really run dark. I’m wondering if this would be fairly easy to do with auxiliary switches to cutout running lights and brake lights on these modern day trucks. With all the complex software integrated with everything else, would it be easy to do without setting off bells and sirens? I have a 2021 Mojave. Thanks.
just buy a tazer and you can do this along with everything else it does. no real mods just programing. You can even set a button on your steering wheel to activate it.

OP
OP
peterpilot379

peterpilot379

First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Pirate
just buy a tazer and you can do this along with everything else it does. no real mods just programing. You can even set a button on your steering wheel to activate it.
Thanks for the tip. Any particular tazer that is recommended over others?

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR

jlknights61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2012 JK
Tazer Dark Mode will only work when not moving. As soon as you begin to move all of the lights come back on. I have the Tazer mini installed and checked the other night to confirm.

OP
OP
peterpilot379

peterpilot379

First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Pirate
Tazer Dark Mode will only work when not moving. As soon as you begin to move all of the lights come back on. I have the Tazer mini installed and checked the other night to confirm.
Thanks for chiming in. Seems there is conflicting information coming in about this topic. Dark mode in park is not really helpful to me. Kinda hard to ignore an actual operations check of the system though. Thanks for doing that.

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Related to this topic somewhat, can anyone who has a tazer mini please confirm that it can be used to extend the amount of time the bed lights stay on? Thanks.

jlknights61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2012 JK
I haven’t found a way to extend the time the bed lights stay on, but it does give you a way to turn them on with the key fob (3 clicks of the unlock button)

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t found a way to extend the time the bed lights stay on, but it does give you a way to turn them on with the key fob (3 clicks of the unlock button)
Thanks. With those 3 clicks, does it stay on any longer than unlock button on key fob?

jlknights61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2012 JK
They definitely stay on longer. Not sure how long just tested it and they stayed on at least a min or 2 after the headlights and everything else cut off whereas they typically shut off before the headlights. They went off when I clicked the lock button.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
They definitely stay on longer. Not sure how long just tested it and they stayed on at least a min or 2 after the headlights and everything else cut off whereas they typically shut off before the headlights. They went off when I clicked the lock button.
Thanks.
Sponsored