Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sorry to hear they weren't able to fix your concern with an update. Please let me know if you'd like an additional level of assistance during this time. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares
I did find out if I am in a hurry and put it in reverse immediately after starting the truck but before the radio finishes its boot up process that the camera will work but only for that 1 back up session.
Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I did find out if I am in a hurry and put it in reverse immediately after starting the truck but before the radio finishes its boot up process that the camera will work but only for that 1 back up session.
I'm glad you were able to find a workaround. Please send us a PM if you'd like more assistance.

Alison
JeepCares

NGNERD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator Rubicon GCM
I got the message on my screen today to do the update. After I agreed it shut down and came back up like a phone update. Said it would take 45 minutes, so got out, locked the truck, went into work, came back out this evening and when I started the truck it told me the update was complete, attached is a photo of the message. I had only had trouble with the back up camera once, it simply wouldn't work, no "unavailable" message like others here. Hopefully this will fix it from getting me in the future as mentioned in this thread.

20200520_103214.jpg

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
Summary:

I had a similar problem recently, blue screen and neither front/back camera would work. Doing as ERMedic777 suggested and throwing the truck into reverse before UConnect had a chance to start fixed it.

Full details in case this helps anyone else:

The problem occurred after a trip to the dealer to program Aux switches I had installed. The dealer also installed the UConnect update while there. Funny enough, the update was to fix the backup camera. The camera blue screen problem started a day later. Using JScan, I confirmed that the dealer didn't fully initialize the aux unit switches, so I didn't trust taking the my truck back to the dealer.

I gave it a couple days to try and work itself out, because some people mentioned letting the car sit fixed things. Later in the week, I went ahead and tried to fix it myself. Plugged in JScan to reboot the head unit, that didn't work. Confirmed the camera was enabled, and found by reading the computer codes that the video connection was found, but UConnect didn't seem to know what to do with it.

A little more forum searching and found ERMedic777's suggestion, which fixed it immediately. It's been working without a problem for 3 days now.

Jsands

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator
Same problem with mine! Took it in yesterday to the dealer for it's first oil change. Now just blue screen. Dealer said they did nothing other than oil change. Leaving for a week long trip less than a week. Gonna be pissed if I don't have camera access.

Sponsored

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
Same problem with mine! Took it in yesterday to the dealer for it's first oil change. Now just blue screen. Dealer said they did nothing other than oil change. Leaving for a week long trip less than a week. Gonna be pissed if I don't have camera access.
Iā€™m curious if the turn on and throw in reverse before uconnect starts solution works for you.

Jsands

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator
Damn, UConnect needs some work :/ Sorry!
Update hit today, no luck, same problem. I have appointment Wednesday with dealer. I hope they fix it. Going on 2000 mile trip Thursday morning.

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
My vehicle just got back from a dealer visit yesterday. I believe my first time backing up the camera worked, but since then it hasnā€™t worked unless I put it in reverse before Uconnect loads. But any times after that it stops. I did reinstall my tazer after the visit. Is there any chance the tazer caused an issue? Or is it more likely an issue with the software? Anything else I can try before taking it back? Iā€™ve already tried removing the tazer.

Sponsored

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis
Got the update message last week, scheduled it for later that night when I knew I would be parked in the driveway until morning. Next morning, got the update installed message and then it started with the updating apps messages. Seems like it updated all the apps it needed to one by one while I drove to work. Backup camera did not work for the 25 min drive to work.

After work, 9 hours or so later everything including backup camera was functioning.

Also, the next morning which was the next time I started the Jeep the Uconnect system rebooted twice with about 5 min in between each reboot. I was concerned that something went wrong but everything has been running fine since then.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
Well, 4 days later my camera seems to be working again. After having it work multiple times Iā€™ve now reinstalled my tazer, hopefully itā€™ll stay working.

MGladiator83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
The back up camera on my 2020 Gladiator just stopped working yesterday. All I get is a message stating it is unavailable. Anyone else?
Common issues for updates and other little bugs. Mine has always returned in a day or two.

Jsands

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator
Going on day 5 now with no change. Unhooked battery for 30 min, reconnect with no change. It does work if placed in reverse ASAP after starting but then back to blue screen. Reached out to Alison from Jeep Cares as she offered but no response from them. I have dealer appointment this afternoon. We will see. Not happy about 2000 mile + trip tomorrow with out having cameras.
Sponsored