Sponsored

Badlands Apex- $374.99- Great price on a 12,000lb Winch

Koja

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydra Blue Gladiator (LEMON), 2021 Hydra blueJT 04 Rubicon, 04 Ultra classic
Occupation
Retired Sailor, what ever i can scrape together
This is the remains of a Superwinch. AKA another name for another china winch

TJ Snow.PNG

TJ Snow1.PNG

winch.jpg

winch1.jpg

winch2.jpg

winch3.jpg
Sponsored

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
So having been wheeling the better part of 50 years in the PNW, both in groups, and solo. a winch is kinda like a insurance policy on your rig. You do not want it to fail. A good warn will run you between 550-1200 depending where you buy it from. after you have killed that badlands and its left you stuck (unless your a mall crawler) and a Warn pulls you out. remember that savings because your going to spend that plus 550-1200 on a real & tested winch. You get what you pay for.. Made in China just like covid
Those low end Warns are made in China, too.

Koja

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydra Blue Gladiator (LEMON), 2021 Hydra blueJT 04 Rubicon, 04 Ultra classic
Occupation

Koja

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Never, cause no one is paying a premium name brand price for chinese made stuff to have the same fail rate as other chinese made equipment.
Thats why you buy the higher end NON junk

Sponsored

ucijeepguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, LJ,
Thats why you buy the higher end NON junk
Or i can buy, break and replace the apex 6x times for the cost of one premium warn non chinese version. Sorry i havent seen anyone with such a bad record going through 6x, or even more than 2x apex wench. Ill take my chances. You pay for your over priced products and ill use my extra savings on fuel and exploration.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Yes they are. But when is last time you saw one fail?
when was the last time you saw a badlands fail? I’m guessing the last time you were China. You didn’t bring COVID here did you?

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Or i can buy, break and replace the apex 6x times for the cost of one premium warn non chinese version. Sorry i havent seen anyone with such a bad record going through 6x, or even more than 2x apex wench. Ill take my chances. You pay for your over priced products and ill use my extra savings on fuel and exploration.
yea I agree and HF stands by their product and will replace if there is ever an issue. Most American brands are so arrogant they offer maybe a year warranty. Why not longer if they have such confidence in their products?

Most Americans are lazy and are afraid to get their hands directly... so the whole made in American thing is a folk tale. Same reason every electrical component is overseas and mostly China...manufactures don’t trust US workers to do it.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the remains of a Superwinch. AKA another name for another china winch

Jeep Gladiator Badlands Apex- $374.99- Great price on a 12,000lb Winch winch3

come on bud, you can come up with something better than this. That super winch looks like it’s 35 years old transplanted off an old CJ. Looks like it was neglected like an American hunting dog.

Koja

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
when was the last time you saw a badlands fail? I’m guessing the last time you were China. You didn’t bring COVID here did you?
I have seen many harbor freight left on the wayside. But hay Just my opinon you guys run what ya got. I prefer my warn.

Sponsored

Koja

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
come on bud, you can come up with something better than this. That super winch looks like it’s 35 years old transplanted off an old CJ. Looks like it was neglected like an American hunting dog.
No actually that super winch was bought in 2008, used very heavily
Come wheel with us out here in the North West. and BTW i bought that winch brand new in 2008. before it gave up..

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have seen many harbor freight left on the wayside. But hay Just my opinon you guys run what ya got. I prefer my warn.
Can you specify some details on “I have seen many harbor freight left on the wayside”? I must say the enthusiasm of your grudge against bandlands has me curious, it’s almost like your a stock holder in Warn. However, that would be confusing since many of their product lines are manufactured overseas...

Koja

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Can you specify some details on “I have seen many harbor freight left on the wayside”? I must say the enthusiasm of your grudge against bandlands has me curious, it’s almost like your a stock holder in Warn. However, that would be confusing since many of their product lines are manufactured overseas...
Curious is fine.. I just HATE HARBOR CRAP STUFF. there ya have it. Having been wheeling over 50 years I prefer to spend my hard erned money on a brand that i have trusted over the years.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No actually that super winch was bought in 2008, used very heavily

Come wheel with us out here in the North West. and BTW i bought that winch brand new in 2008. before it gave up..
How many times did you throw it off a cliff?

Koja

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How many times did you throw it off a cliff?
That is the result of a catastrophic failure at the frame of the drum deciding it did not want to be integral to the foundation.
Sponsored