Base Sport has arrived- not a Sport S

giskard

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW i3s
I saw a base Sport (with manual transmission even) at a dealer not far from me about 3 weeks ago. They're definitely out there, just not very common.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Oh wow @Mezak, interesting to read and see. Congrats. Did you have to order it from the factory? Some months ago I heard that Jeep would only build base Sport models if they were ordered by customers. Nice looking truck, same color as mine.
Hey Jake, I’ve had one now for like 3 weeks ... it’s straight perfection

63006569-4B7B-40F5-971B-AB04F75C8D50.jpeg

Mezak

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
mines sting gray isn't yours the granite??

Sponsored

nlicalsi91

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara Tank Green
I was going to get the sport in gator green but really don't like the color. I think ill go with firecracker, my only complaint is that at my height, my knee hits the window crank. Not the worst thing in the world but a bit uncomfortable when I sat in a base sport wrangler JL the other week

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 10.31.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 10.31.44 AM.png

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Oh wow, my bad. I thought that yours looks silver which is the color I got. Makes no difference. Yours still looks great!

mines sting gray isn't yours the granite??

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Sorry to hear that @nlicalsi91. I was born a short person, only 5’5” tall and my legs never touch the window cranks in my truck. But hey I have a simple solution for you: just take the doors off. Problem solved. Can’t help ya with winter weather or with the driving rain. What’s it that they say?: It’s a Jeep thing.

But in all seriousness I suggest that you try sitting in a base Sport Gladiator, if you can find one and see if it’s any different from a normal Wrangler door.

I was going to get the sport in gator green but really don't like the color. I think ill go with firecracker, my only complaint is that at my height, my knee hits the window crank. Not the worst thing in the world but a bit uncomfortable when I sat in a base sport wrangler JL the other week

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 10.31.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 10.31.44 AM.png

Sponsored

nlicalsi91

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara Tank Green
Sorry to hear that @nlicalsi91. I was born a short person, only 5’5” tall and my legs never touch the window cranks in my truck. But hey I have a simple solution for you: just take the doors off. Problem solved. Can’t help ya with winter weather or with the driving rain. What’s it that they say?: It’s a Jeep thing.

But in all seriousness I suggest that you try sitting in a base Sport Gladiator, if you can find one and see if it’s any different from a normal Wrangler door.
its not too bad, I sat in the Overland which has the leather wrapped arm rest on the doors and that impedes leg room even more. It makes the cabin much tighter. I can definitely live with the cranks, ill just have to move myself around to find a comfortable position. After buying a Sahara 4 door in 2015 that was almost maxed out with options, I can't justify spending that much money again on a jeep that will leak. I already have all the carpets pulled out of my 2015

Brian35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT on order!
Ive got a hydro sport ordered! quick dumb questions...what about the keys? is it still the same keys just without the buttons? does it still push button start?

JESmith

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Ive got a hydro sport ordered! quick dumb questions...what about the keys? is it still the same keys just without the buttons? does it still push button start?
Yes to both questions. Also has Auto-stop.
(Firecrakcer Red Sport with Max tow.)
Sponsored