First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport Max Tow Pkg Gobi
Occupation
Retired Fed X truck driver
Yeah my plan was get a manual, then the recall, and reading several threads about clutch problems swayed me to auto and max tow for the 4.10s. I did put down $500 today to hold mine til I can pick it up on Wednesday.
I bought the sport gobi color max tow and love it. I’m still getting used to the key locks and roll up windows.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
I bought the sport gobi color max tow and love it. I’m still getting used to the key locks and roll up windows.
I picked mine up today, and drove it 250 miles home. Yes for one thing you could lock the fob in jeep, something not possible on my wife's suv. I do think I can get my head around it, but damn the size of the fob. I do love it......Wore out, more later.

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
I picked mine up today, and drove it 250 miles home. Yes for one thing you could lock the fob in jeep, something not possible on my wife's suv. I do think I can get my head around it, but damn the size of the fob. I do love it......Wore out, more later.
Can't lock my fob in the vehicle. If i leave it in the Jeep, lock the doors, and shut the door it beeps 4 times and unlocks.

GaGladiator

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 JK 4Door
Yeah my plan was get a manual, then the recall, and reading several threads about clutch problems swayed me to auto and max tow for the 4.10s. I did put down $500 today to hold mine til I can pick it up on Wednesday.
I had the same worries but I brought mine in after the recall and mine had zero issues. Since I will be going with 38s or 40s soon Ill be stepping up to 5.13 gears. So so far the manual has treated me great. Im around 15,000 miles so far.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
I had the same worries but I brought mine in after the recall and mine had zero issues. Since I will be going with 38s or 40s soon Ill be stepping up to 5.13 gears. So so far the manual has treated me great. Im around 15,000 miles so far.
I really am missing the manual. If Jeep ever changes the clutch part number(i.e. actually addresses the issue), I might consider one.

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
I have a "base" rubicon and love it. Manual, soft top, tow pack. Everything I wanted and I found it on the lot. Power windows are a must for me, I want to be able to roll them all up or down without getting out and opening all the doors or jumping in the back seat. On a 2 door manual windows would not bother me (had them in my '95 F150 and '05 TJ) but with 4 doors...nah.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Sport S, Max tow, with premium soft top & no tech packages. Easy reason: I wanted the soft top (to easy to use) "tinted soft top rear window" (all my windows are tinted, and its preferred when its 100 degrees)", this is not an option or not possible in just a plain sport. Key fob locks the tail gate, & thats a no brain'r if you've ever seen or had your tail gate stolen. The max tow upgrades to Dana 44's and the auto trans, so very good choice on your part. I do run with the off road doors to, but I still want that tailgate locked. My favorite configuration is top on, doors off (spring and summer, and for some trails) but it is the best when you are stuck with the doors on and want to pop the top for just a quick evening date or drive. That said, this is not my daily driver. it pulls my off road trailer to crazy places and I use it for off roading, no store, mall or work trips for me, I can't bare to think of it being misused by sitting in a city parking lot. That would be as crazy as driving a SXS to walmart, and thats a "no go" in my world. Out the door special order price + tax was under $37k.

OP
OP

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
Sport S, Max tow, with premium soft top & no tech packages. Easy reason: I wanted the soft top (to easy to use) "tinted soft top rear window" (all my windows are tinted, and its preferred when its 100 degrees)", this is not an option or not possible in just a plain sport. Key fob locks the tail gate, & thats a no brain'r if you've ever seen or had your tail gate stolen. The max tow upgrades to Dana 44's and the auto trans, so very good choice on your part. I do run with the off road doors to, but I still want that tailgate locked. My favorite configuration is top on, doors off (spring and summer, and for some trails) but it is the best when you are stuck with the doors on and want to pop the top for just a quick evening date or drive. That said, this is not my daily driver. it pulls my off road trailer to crazy places and I use it for off roading, no store, mall or work trips for me, I can't bare to think of it being misused by sitting in a city parking lot. That would be as crazy as driving a SXS to walmart, and thats a "no go" in my world. Out the door special order price + tax was under $37k.
My base model (no S) has deep tint windows as a factory option(no idea if rear window is tinted I'll have to look), my tailgate has a lock. A 2021 S (at least on the jeep configurer) forces 2 options on top of S package, one is homelink($400), and one is tech($700). Once those 2 are checked for $300 more one could simply hit the popular equipment group and get a hardtop, which would cost $300 less than a premium softtop.
I get ya, I wanted a softtop as well and so far for me I'm not really missing anything. They do not let you check the box for a premium softtop on a base model, but in a few years I can easily upgrade to that.

jalbrecht55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJR
For those of you with the sport base (no power locks, no buttons on the fob) would anyone be able to open their key fob and take a photo of the circuit board inside? I’m curious if it fills up most of the fob or if it could be reduced with a custom housing. It just seems unusually large for what little it does.

Sponsored

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My base model (no S) has deep tint windows as a factory option(no idea if rear window is tinted I'll have to look), my tailgate has a lock. A 2021 S (at least on the jeep configurer) forces 2 options on top of S package, one is homelink($400), and one is tech($700). Once those 2 are checked for $300 more one could simply hit the popular equipment group and get a hardtop, which would cost $300 less than a premium softtop.
I get ya, I wanted a softtop as well and so far for me I'm not really missing anything. They do not let you check the box for a premium softtop on a base model, but in a few years I can easily upgrade to that.
When I got mine 15 moths ago, tinting on the soft top rear window wasn't available

OP
OP

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
When I got mine 15 moths ago, tinting on the soft top rear window wasn't available
Mine is the standard soft top and it might not be tinted, but it should since I paid for the factory option of tinted windows. If you build was an early max tow I dont think you will have rear traclok.

Fawkes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Building engineer
I looked everywhere for a red one with the premium soft top, a six-speed trans, and the LED safety package back in May. I found three. Ended up having it shipped to Texas via Virginia. Love it. Paid 38k after discounts. I use the phone for GPS as well. No regrets.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is the standard soft top and it might not be tinted, but it should since I paid for the factory option of tinted windows. If you build was an early max tow I dont think you will have rear traclok.
you are correct. I haven't needed it yet, but I can add it. I've done the Colorado trails, Poison Spider and Top of the World in Moab, & some of the Rubicon (pre-lift and bigger tires) and I have been surprised at how well it has done. That said, I HATE the brake-Loc traction control and wish I had the trac-loc. You will love it! can't wait to see some pics. I'm very impressed with the marketing of the Jeep "Badge of Honor" trails, app & badges. Its nudged me to go into different areas I never considered or knew about. I ordered the new RTT from Go Fast Campers, and can't wait to receive my new Ultra Lite so when I get into these cool areas, I can stay for the night. Happy Trails!

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I really am missing the manual. If Jeep ever changes the clutch part number(i.e. actually addresses the issue), I might consider one.
I am fairly sure they did address it. At least that was stated by the Jeep representative on this forum back in the Spring, after the recall. That the JTs being assembled did not have the problem pressure plate.
Sponsored