Sponsored

Be careful IF and WHEN you replace your windshield - w/Safety Group

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Being a car guy, people ask me for advice when buying a new car or truck. I typically tell them not to bother with the "Windshield Protection". However, if the car or truck has adaptive cruise, I tell them, "Yeah, buy the windshield protection!". This is because replacing the glass plus calibrating the adaptive cruise is expensive. And, that's one thing dealer technicians are typically good at.
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Saelite no called no showed, did not return calls or email, then when glass came in they advised they could not do the install properly. Nothing but problems. Unless you are paying 100% out of pocket and can not afford it, go to the dealer and pay the deductible.
Most dealers actually farm that work out to local glass shops to include Safelite.

OP
OP
slapdappy

slapdappy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator - Rubicon
I am getting mine replaced on Monday with safelite. It is $550 for the OEM windshield. I do not have the safety group...., so, it should be easier... Any tips ? Thanks in advance.
Sorry didn't see this - you should be fine without safety - calibration not necessary

Twizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I have the Safety Group, Safelite replaced my windshield last week. The guy said it re-calibrated fine, sent the certificate, and all that.

He told me at 40 MPH everything would activate and all would be working as normal. However past 40 nothing happened and I was under the impression that I would get some indication that the system booted back up and was working normally.

I can't really try to trigger the system, with my luck I'd actually hit someone, but at Medium sensitivity I found the system a bit too sensitive. Since the replacement, I have been in a few instances where I'd expect the system to alert but it has not.

Should I have received an indication that the system was working fine during that first drive after replacement?

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
I had mine replaced about 2 months ago by safelite and mines lifted and I had no issues. Took the guy like 30 minutes. I will say there are two options and if you don't mention you want the one with the Willy's in the windshield they will go with the cheaper option . Had a friend not mention it and his windshield is now missing the Willy's.
Don’t worry. He will get another chance soon enough to get the cool version again. ;)

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
After replacing my windshield with a new Mopar one, I already found 3 little hits on it. So, Last week I installed Racing Optics protective film on my windshield. It has 3 layers with 2 tear offs. Optically, it is fantastic, and I am super excited about the protection. It also seems super hard to scratch. So far, I am super happy. Here is a link to my install and pics.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/anybody-got-gorilla-glass.23797/page-3#post-516872

link to Racing Optics
https://www.Racingopticsjeep.com

Last edited:

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
Most dealers actually farm that work out to local glass shops to include Safelite.
My installer said the same. I’ve used this indepent shop for 15 years. He does dealer jobs and recalibrations are not needed. He never had one come back. He said he would be happy to calibrate if I felt I needed to part with the money. I kindly declined.

The OEM Willys is currently on backorder, like my Synergy track bar / sector shaft brace .:facepalm:
Sponsored