Bed cover with rack

TopOff

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Agreed I would love to utilize something like the Yakima system with a tonneau cover.
I found this company online, Peragon. I’ve never owned a truck until now so I’m not sure if they are known but the product is USA made and looks really cool. I called to inquire and they said they are planning to support the Gladiator. They just don’t have a date yet and I couldn’t get details on what planning meant (ie it’s in the works or just discussions surrounding the idea at this point). Hard to tell from videos but maybe something like this will work?
https://www.peragon.com/?gclid=CjwK...pkZa983t9Ue61VWxWtF-Av1CwwzKG0ZRoCXWUQAvD_BwE
Looks very cool. and very $$$$ haha
Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Looks very cool. and very $$$$ haha
Agreed, looks cool. I wonder how practical it is to open with stuff in the bed, however. Seems like you'd be limited to low stuff near the cab and taller stuff towards the tailgate.

TopOff

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
So frustrating. Just have to hold out for a retractable or another option. Or the elevate rack. Just not really an overland option there.
The tonneau kit lifts the rack another inch or two-- would that give enough clearance?

Sponsored

TopOff

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
It still wouldn't work due to the angle of the post and the tiedown bracket on the inside

Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack IMG_4017.JPG
I'm obssessed with the idea of this somehow working. Could those tie downs- on the pillars closest to the cab- be removed. Somehow retrofitted?

TopOff

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Looking at the picture, it would clear the front but not the back.
I think you'd have to have those tie downs on the second tower (farthest from the tailgate) somehow removed. I might be that desperate.

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
I think you'd have to have those tie downs on the second tower (farthest from the tailgate) somehow removed. I might be that desperate.
I’m following closely also, I think the Yakima kit is a great option. If this doesn’t work I think a custom square 8020 rack may be the best option.

Sponsored

Jeefo

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi JTR
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Just finished installing a rough country tri fold cover with truck hero ts rails. They accept the Yakima bike racks. Certainly not exactly plug and play. After a few small mods and shims here and there, it went together great!!

Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack IMG_20200426_175253127_HDR

That looks great! I have the Mopar hard tri-fold, so looks like this may work for me then to have bike racks that I can add on without having to remove the whole tonneau cover. Do you have any more links to what you bought or issues with installation?

Lorenf303

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
Occupation
retired
Max Modular 18 in. rack with the roll up Bak revolver x4 works. I confirmed with both company's. You need to get the tonneau brackets and no drill clips if you don't have the cargo management system. This is the system I'm going to use. Never have to remove the rack.

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
I went with the KB voodoo rack, and a Tygar soft roll-up cover. You have to finagle the cover a bit to clear the last crossbar but it’s not really a big deal.
Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack BBE28ADC-400D-455E-8A41-34CA8AA77767
Sponsored