Bed cover with rack

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow - Firecracker Red
The tall standard rack does better if you need to roll up your cover often, or our new Overland rack has more width between the towers and will allow not only more soft tonneau covers (and a Softtopper) but they will be the easiest to roll up out of all of our racks.

https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JTXBR.html

Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack 1643129493934

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
The tall standard rack does better if you need to roll up your cover often, or our new Overland rack has more width between the towers and will allow not only more soft tonneau covers (and a Softtopper) but they will be the easiest to roll up out of all of our racks.

Wait, wait, wait..... are you saying you can collapse the softopper with your rack on??

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security

So this design is interesting and might meet my needs for an upcoming 8 passenger conversion I might want to do. Do you have videos of operating the softoper underneath? I know you can't officially rate it, but would you consider the rack rollover rated?

Sponsored

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow - Firecracker Red
@JcrOffroad do you have any pics of the rack installed without the doors and no softopper?
I don't think so. But we can look into this.

Wait, wait, wait..... are you saying you can collapse the softopper with your rack on??
You can't fold it as designed as the top hardware extends well above the roofline as you fold it, but you can pull the pins on the bottoms of the bows and just remove it all without folding. Does that make sense?

So this design is interesting and might meet my needs for an upcoming 8 passenger conversion I might want to do. Do you have videos of operating the softoper underneath? I know you can't officially rate it, but would you consider the rack rollover rated?
No videos yet. No would not trust it in the sideloads of a rollover.

JTzntz

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator | 1993 Corrado SLC | 1992 GTI 16v
Thanks! Would want to remove the doors when not needed as it’s my daily and want to be able to minimize blockage and don’t plan to keep all the gear on all the time. Also plan to run this with a Bak revolver, so pics without the softopper and doors would be awesome!

ArmyMP

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon "Betsy"
Occupation
Veteran

You can't fold it as designed as the top hardware extends well above the roofline as you fold it, but you can pull the pins on the bottoms of the bows and just remove it all without folding. Does that make sense?

No videos yet. No would not trust it in the sideloads of a rollover.
Need a tester?

colindo

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Overland
Just installed. Bak x4s with front runner legs (tall) and a rhino rack pioneer platform. The legs are tall enough that the cover rolls all the way up. Not too sure about the weight capacity, but it’s sturdy enough for my needs. Ie: Bikes, cargo box, etc.
Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack DB92A2C7-755D-4BEF-814D-CF1FD1D61646

Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack DB92A2C7-755D-4BEF-814D-CF1FD1D61646
Do you have the part numbers for the Front Runner legs? This is what I want to do but not sure if I'll go full Rhino or just use crossbars from Front Runner

Sponsored

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
It costs a decent amount more, but this is what I am looking at to be able to have a secure waterproof bed, with the ability to add a rack later on.

Nice thing is to I will still have full payload capacity on top of the bed using this cover so I can truly use the inside of the bed for storage.

https://diamondbackcovers.com/products/diamondbackhd
For over 2 grand, it should come with a light and a midget to install it.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Just installed. Bak x4s with front runner legs (tall) and a rhino rack pioneer platform. The legs are tall enough that the cover rolls all the way up. Not too sure about the weight capacity, but it’s sturdy enough for my needs. Ie: Bikes, cargo box, etc.
6D833279-F7FD-41CC-BCEA-0C3200DB1485.jpeg

DB92A2C7-755D-4BEF-814D-CF1FD1D61646.jpeg
This is exactly what I want, but maybe a basket on top to haul gear. Did you order from Front Runner? I’d also like to know what you ordered. I get lost on their website trying to find stuff.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
For over 2 grand, it should come with a light and a midget to install it.
2 years later though that thing is quality. I love it. Sad I am going to be getting rid of it within a year since I need to turn the bed into seating for the growing family.

Cavitt

First Name
Cavitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR; 1998 Mercedes SL600
Here you go.

LASS033
FRONT RUNNER PICKUP ROLL TOP/TOP MOUNT LEG / TALL (PAIR)

I ordered from this site - https://ruggedoutlander.com/

The pioneer platform was on clearance at RhinoRack.com for $250+ shipping. So I couldn’t really go wrong.
What hardware did you use to attach the legs to the Bak rail?
Sponsored