First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kbvoodoo.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT
This is exactly what I’m looking to do. I have the Rugged Ridge Armis hard tolling cover installed (without cargo rails). Love it. Want a bedrack and it looks like this will work and allow me to roll up at least part-way.

Do you have the cargo rail in there? MOPAR, Builtright, other, or none? And which parts did you order from MAx Modular? The 10” rack yes, did you add the tonneau adapters (I think so)? Anything else? Any extra foam or gasket?

Appreciate your help and advice.
Give us a call or shoot us an email and we can help you out!
Sponsored

MrGreenTree

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I was able to to build a custom rack using mostly 80/20 that would allow me to still roll up my Truxedo LoPro Tonneau. There are 2 custom fabricated parts, one on each bed rail, but the rest is standard parts bolted together.

No drilling or modification required to the Jeep and the rack can be removed without removing the Tonneau Cover.

Only tools required are a jigs saw, sander and a drill press for machining the bed rail caps.

Rack_View.jpg
Rear_Rack.jpg
Back_Right.jpg
This is a great idea. Would you be able to share your parts list for those of us wanting to do something similar? I'd start with this, but need the rack to be higher and I also need to figure out how to mount it with my tonneau. But your idea would be a great starting point. Thanks in advance it you can help with a parts list!

Farmer_Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
This is a great idea. Would you be able to share your parts list for those of us wanting to do something similar? I'd start with this, but need the rack to be higher and I also need to figure out how to mount it with my tonneau. But your idea would be a great starting point. Thanks in advance it you can help with a parts list!
Sure! Attached is my Bill of Materials and my Drawings.

Happy to share more details about the build process and tools required.

A Few Key Points:
1) Designed for Truxedo LoPro Tonneau, should work with most inside the bed rail tonneau covers.
* Does Not work with OEM Mopar Covers.
2) You will need the OEM Trail Rails to mount the rack as designed.
3) I designed it easily change the height during assembly by replacing only a few pieces. Changing the Length of [3.0"x1.5"x3" T Slot Rail -Black] will adjust the rack height. All other brackets should work at any height.

Attachments

MrGreenTree

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Sure! Attached is my Bill of Materials and my Drawings.

Happy to share more details about the build process and tools required.

A Few Key Points:
1) Designed for Truxedo LoPro Tonneau, should work with most inside the bed rail tonneau covers.
* Does Not work with OEM Mopar Covers.
2) You will need the OEM Trail Rails to mount the rack as designed.
3) I designed it easily change the height during assembly by replacing only a few pieces. Changing the Length of [3.0"x1.5"x3" T Slot Rail -Black] will adjust the rack height. All other brackets should work at any height.
Wow! Thanks for all the details. This will make things much easier!

RiderDad27

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Update on my JT,
Bak revolver x4
OVS freedom bed rack
Tailgate pads for the bike when towing the travel trailer
Sup taxi rack

I still have some room for a box on the rack.

hardest part was to fabricate the t-bolts to install the rack on the rail as it seems that nobody offer good one.

really like the setup :)
Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack 65128770-E974-433B-990F-9037812C5820
Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack D7C74ED6-E82C-4F51-94B9-E35949CA3F2D
Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack 0518B4EF-FB67-4CF7-88C0-D81A040B07E9

Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack CA444CE0-482D-4A2F-88EB-F8FBEBCEBCAE

Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Update on my JT,
Bak revolver x4
OVS freedom bed rack
Sup taxi rack

hardest part was to fabricate the t-bolts to install the rack on the rail as it seems that nobody offer good one.

0518B4EF-FB67-4CF7-88C0-D81A040B07E9.jpeg
That's a great set-up! Does the cover roll all the way forward? I don't see the feet on Overland's website. Could you provide a number or possibly link for those, please. Thanks!

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
So I'm looking for some opinions. I want to get a Max Modular rack, probably the 14" tall version. I want to be able to have a tonneau cover that I can open even when the rack is installed. I see that Mox Modular offers tonneau brackets but would I need them for a tonneau like a Truxedo Low Pro that is mounted entirely inboard of the bed rails? I contacted Mox Modular but all the advice they could offer was to purchase a test bracket, which doesn't really help as I haven't selected a tonneau cover yet.

I prefer the look of the rack without the brackets. I am not opposed to the brackets if they are required to make the setup functional.

Farmer_Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
So I'm looking for some opinions. I want to get a Max Modular rack, probably the 14" tall version. I want to be able to have a tonneau cover that I can open even when the rack is installed. I see that Mox Modular offers tonneau brackets but would I need them for a tonneau like a Truxedo Low Pro that is mounted entirely inboard of the bed rails? I contacted Mox Modular but all the advice they could offer was to purchase a test bracket, which doesn't really help as I haven't selected a tonneau cover yet.

I prefer the look of the rack without the brackets. I am not opposed to the brackets if they are required to make the setup functional.
I do not have the Max Modular Rack, but I have the TruXedo Lo Pro for Gladiator. The TruXedo Lo Pro does not sit completely inside the bed rails. However, I looked at how the Max Modular Rack mounts, and I think you might be able to fit the TruXedo Lo Pro without the Max Modular Tonneau brackets, but could be a tight fit.

TruXedo Lo Pro Interface to Jeep Gladiator Bed Rail
Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack 1626741970964

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I do not have the Max Modular Rack, but I have the TruXedo Lo Pro for Gladiator. The TruXedo Lo Pro does not sit completely inside the bed rails. However, I looked at how the Max Modular Rack mounts, and I think you might be able to fit the TruXedo Lo Pro without the Max Modular Tonneau brackets, but could be a tight fit.

TruXedo Lo Pro Interface to Jeep Gladiator Bed Rail
Thanks for the detailed response! If I remember correctly, the Truxedo Low Pro I had on my old Sierra was entirely inboard of the bed rails. In that application there was a thin piece of rubber that was sandwiched between the tonneau rail and bed rail cap. Or maybe my memory is fuzzy.

In any case thanks again for that detailed drawing. It will probably save me some headache.

SGME9

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, JLUR
Occupation
Retired US Army
Just saw this thread. I like many am in this boat of looking for a cover and a rack. I stumbled upon the Bak revolver x4. For the gladiator is has t-slot accessory rails for mounting. I have rhino rack quick detach feet, crossbars and a pioneer platform on order and will be trying it out. For a full size rack the option is the Yakima adjustable, or possibly doing a custom rack out of 80/20 extruded aluminum t-slot channels. The only downfall to my planned solution with the rhino rack feet is with them on, I won’t be able to roll the full cover back, but it’s a quick 1/4 turn on each one and I can lift it right off. Below are pictures of the cover, and a mock up with the pioneer platform I already have.

I have this same system and now I am going to figure out how to put a rack on the rails so I can roll open the cover.

Sponsored

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
Finally was able to find a solution for my Yakima Outpost rack and tonneau cover. Used a combination of Elevate Rails with the Literider tonneau cover. Perfect fit and feels very secure.
Thanks to @MynticeLX
Based on his post many months ago, I went ahead with a similar setup.

I removed my Mopar tri-fold hard cover, and then installed the Truxedo Elevate TS rail system and the Literider tonneau bed cover.
Huge backups for Yakima products due to the pandemic, I had ordered back in May and only now did my Overhaul HD system get delivered to me, I'm still waiting on the sidebars and some other mounting accessories.
I went with the Yakima Overhaul system to have height adjustment, also went with the 60" HD bars.
Just installed it this morning.

i-MVwmKVC-L.jpg

i-cDvnksL-L.jpg

Sgt. Pepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Thanks to @MynticeLX
Based on his post many months ago, I went ahead with a similar setup.

I removed my Mopar tri-fold hard cover, and then installed the Truxedo Elevate TS rail system and the Literider tonneau bed cover.
Huge backups for Yakima products due to the pandemic, I had ordered back in May and only now did my Overhaul HD system get delivered to me, I'm still waiting on the sidebars and some other mounting accessories.
I went with the Yakima Overhaul system to have height adjustment, also went with the 60" HD bars.
Just installed it this morning.

Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack i-cDvnksL-L

Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack i-cDvnksL-L
nice! will be doing the same, I've had the overhaul hd on for a while

image.jpg

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Update on my JT,
Bak revolver x4
OVS freedom bed rack
Sup taxi rack

Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack image
Any chance you get back to me (us) about the feet that are compatible with the Revolver cover on that Overland rack? I see nothing on their web site.

Pfitter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Do the ts rails not work with the hard style trifold mopar or gator?

thanks

DC01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Hi from Oz!

I had some custom brackets made out of 5mm plate steel. Laser cut, powder coated and then mounted some Yakima heavy duty racks to those. They bolt into the factory trail rails, take 5 minutes to bolt. And i can use the factroy Jeep tonneau (which I really like) with plenty of clearance. On top of the bars I mount 4 x Thule bike carriers for when we go camping with the camper trailer (bikes can't mount on the camper).

Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack Jeep 2
Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack Jeep 1
Jeep Gladiator Bed cover with rack Jeep 3
Sponsored