Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
FYI...Manual Trans for JT and JL closed for ordering
Is that for good?

I'm not surprised, I've always bought manual transmissions but with the hit to the tow rating vs an 8 speed automatic, it's hard to justify. On top of nobody buying manuals anymore anyway, sales had to have been dismal...
Sponsored

OP
OP
spenchey

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every gladiator you could want
Is that for good?

I'm not surprised, I've always bought manual transmissions but with the hit to the tow rating vs an 8 speed automatic, it's hard to justify. On top of nobody buying manuals anymore anyway, sales had to have been dismal...

Not sure if its for good or just temporary. Even for our shelby mustangs its getting harder and harder for us to find buyers that 1) have that kind of money to buy one and 2) of those that do have the money to buy one you have to find someone who knows how to drive a manual and WANTS to drive a manual (thus why the 2020 is an automatic)

Last edited:

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
FYI...Manual Trans for JT and JL closed for ordering
I hope that just means the demand exceeded supply and they are waiting for more 6 spds from the supplier before they can build some more.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
I hope that just means the demand exceeded supply and they are waiting for more 6 spds from the supplier before they can build some more.
I'm hoping that's the case for Punk'n, too. So many people ordered orange Gladiators after the groundhog day commercial that FCA ran out of paint. :idea::fingerscrossed::CWL:

OP
OP
spenchey

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm hoping that's the case for Punk'n, too. So many people ordered orange Gladiators after the groundhog day commercial that FCA ran out of paint. :idea::fingerscrossed::CWL:

I'm no one of importance, by in my opinion, one of these statements is much more likely than the other

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Not sure if its for good or just temporary. Even for our shelby mustangs its getting harder and harder for us to find buyers that 1) have that kind of money to buy one and 2) of those that do have the money to buy one you have to find someone who knows how to drive a manual and WANTS to drive a manual (thus why the 2020 is an automatic)
Manual fun to drive but not so much in city traffic. Could just be me but I find it just a pain in the you know what driving a manual in Houston traffic all day.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Guessing they will come out with 2021 a little early and getting everything finished out on the 2020s before opening orders. Betting the diesel, and other options/colors like manual and Punkin will be available to order on 2021 models in late April or May

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea when 2021 orders are going to start, and if the diesel is going to be an option then?

OP
OP
spenchey

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any idea when 2021 orders are going to start, and if the diesel is going to be an option then?
No official news, but i'd say the begging of fall is a typical time for the new model year orders to open.

No diesel news or speculation on my part

Sponsored

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
The manual was one of the deciding factors for me buying a Gladiator. Ford stopped with manuals back in 2010 for the Super Duty, Dodge 2018, and new mid level Super Duty's cost as much or more than a fully loaded Gladiator with half the gas mileage. Plus it got me back into a Jeep after I parted with my '69 CJ-5 in 2004 and a truck at the same time, with a manual transmission. I'm currently getting 19.7mpg. I don't need to flat tow a Jeep behind it, and I don't have a slide in camper any more, so a Gladiator is perfect for my needs. I may add a rack and a tent down the road, just have to find a good deal on each. Oh, I also turned 50 this past year, so the Gladiator is my sporty convertible midlife crisis vehicle. =)

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Added the Bestop Black Twill Sunrider this morning. Took all of 20 minutes, with 5 of that zipping the hard top panels in the storage bag.

IMG_20200305_071924.jpg

IMG_20200305_071958.jpg

IMG_20200305_090144.jpg

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Always loved those, but the wife wrangler runs around spending 99% of the summer topless
With our unpredictable Colorado weather, this works best for me. I just have to remember to leave a hat in the Jeep so I don't burn my head. I'm pretty sure my wife will be eyeing it tonight when she gets home. I know how she thinks, and the fact that it works on both the JL & JT means it might get swapped over a time or two.
Sponsored