Sponsored

Below invoice includes what rebates/discounts?

OV_Bulldog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Suburban
It is a levelized cost regardless of location in the lower 48 states. Also, the cost is spread out to cover both rail and distribution pooling yards and not just the cost of truck and rail transport itself.
Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the insight. Just trying to decipher all the different fees. Dealer in Orlando has the exact model I want. His doc fee is $999. My dealers here in Georgia $599 - $699. Then you have the awesome guy in here that seem to have much more reasonable fees. Thanks again for your help.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PsyRN

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
ok, so doing Tread Lightly plus the 2K rebate from FCA, assuming it gets here before it ends, brings it to ~5% below invoice. no other "dealer discounts", but that doesn't seem too bad. does it? basically from 55K MSRP to possibly 49K. doesn't include fees, tax, etc. sound about right?

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Anyways, the dealer has to make some money too. Beyond your sales person looking for a commission, they need to pay the management team, the appraisal if you have a trade, finance, inspection costs if you live in an area that has them, and detailing. When you get a great price with XX% off invoice, just remember they still need to make some money. I am not saying you shouldn't negotiate, but they are running a business with a lot of mouths to feed.
I bought an Overland in Sting-Gray Thursday in VA at about 10% below invoice from the current order guide. MSRP was $52,695 and I paid $41,895 plus destination for $43,390 total. Invoice should be just under $48.5k.
Had to chuckle a little bit at this . . . glad you got a great deal but there's a bit of a disconnect here . . . :)

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok, so doing Tread Lightly plus the 2K rebate from FCA, assuming it gets here before it ends, brings it to ~5% below invoice. no other "dealer discounts", but that doesn't seem too bad. does it? basically from 55K MSRP to possibly 49K. doesn't include fees, tax, etc. sound about right?
What model are you looking at? I ask because the $2K rebate does not apply to the Rubicon model (the $55K sticker leads me to believe it may be a Rubi). Just checking . . .

OP
OP
PsyRN

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What model are you looking at? I ask because the $2K rebate does not apply to the Rubicon model (the $55K sticker leads me to believe it may be a Rubi). Just checking . . .
it is a Rubi. I asked him about that but he seemed sure it did. But I will definitely bring it up again before any thing is signed and ordered.

Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it is a Rubi. I asked him about that but he seemed sure it did. But I will definitely bring it up again before any thing is signed and ordered.
Be careful . . .

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your salesman certainly sounds like you are being set up for a total fall. If you are not going to use one of the listed dealers here (highly recommended) then do the worksheet on the forum at 6% under invoice to get a rough estimate of price for your build. Then pick the Rubi out you are looking at ordering and offer that amount. You should have an idea of % off MSRP based on your build price. Do not budge, contact multiple dealers (preferably through internet sales desk) to make your offer on a specific unit they have. You can typically go to a dealers website and find the internet person listed and email offer to them. Dealers will want you to send offers to them and it is ironic how quickly they will match. Out of respect to dealers and through being an educated buyer, you can simply verbally tell them no, and you have listed the price you are willing to pay. Do not go to dealer and negotiate, do deal over the email, they will read you like a book and wait you out for hours if they think you will buy at higher price.

OP
OP
PsyRN

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your salesman certainly sounds like you are being set up for a total fall. If you are not going to use one of the listed dealers here (highly recommended) then do the worksheet on the forum at 6% under invoice to get a rough estimate of price for your build. Then pick the Rubi out you are looking at ordering and offer that amount. You should have an idea of % off MSRP based on your build price. Do not budge, contact multiple dealers (preferably through internet sales desk) to make your offer on a specific unit they have. You can typically go to a dealers website and find the internet person listed and email offer to them. Dealers will want you to send offers to them and it is ironic how quickly they will match. Out of respect to dealers and through being an educated buyer, you can simply verbally tell them no, and you have listed the price you are willing to pay. Do not go to dealer and negotiate, do deal over the email, they will read you like a book and wait you out for hours if they think you will buy at higher price.
I emailed another dealer in SoCal that a few folks on here were getting 5% out the gate. Got back to me this afternoon with that same deal. I emailed a closer dealer to see if they'll match, but I kind of doubt it. They are a pretty small dealership.

Does it seem reasonable to let this first dealership counter? If they can do better, not just match, and lock it in...

I swear buying a car is much more stressful then buying a house.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
They can match. Just tell them thats the deal you are willing to do and sit tight.

Sponsored

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 LR Defender , '21 JTR
Occupation
Paramedic
Hi, I’ve been getting loads of info from this forum!
You, mention “ Listed dealers on the forum” , is there a list? I’ve noticed a few, in the body of some posts.
Thanks !

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
They are listed in the sponsor forum.Not sure who is closest, as there are only a few.

sawman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z71
I emailed another dealer in SoCal that a few folks on here were getting 5% out the gate. Got back to me this afternoon with that same deal. I emailed a closer dealer to see if they'll match, but I kind of doubt it. They are a pretty small dealership.

Does it seem reasonable to let this first dealership counter? If they can do better, not just match, and lock it in...

I swear buying a car is much more stressful then buying a house.
I took my 6% below invoice numbers to a small local dealer. Told them I would rather buy local than go out of state. They matched it, much to my surprise. You'll never know until you try.

OP
OP
PsyRN

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took my 6% below invoice numbers to a small local dealer. Told them I would rather buy local than go out of state. They matched it, much to my surprise. You'll never know until you try.
I tried that with the dealership up the road, they didn’t seem interested. I emailed one only about an hour away, but haven’t heard back and it’s been a couple of dsys already. So I’m going with a dealership in SoCal that’s offered 5% below invoice out the gate. No haggling, that’s the price. I’m good with that.
Sponsored