• Total voters

Gem1n1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I currently have KM3 37's. Apparently it has been narrowed down that these are the source of my vibration after about 6 rounds of balancing. So my question is if there is a better made, tighter tolerance, better balancing 37" tire? I'm running 37x12.50r20's.

If there isn't one then option two is go with Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Suggestions?
Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I have no first hand experience, but I hear good things about the Milestar Patagonia's.. With there very low price compared to the rest & the godly high praise that everyone seems to have for them they are probably what I am switching to.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see my tires listed...

My Kumho Road Venture M/T KL71 37x13.50r20's only took about 2 oz of weight on average. 2 of them were less than 2, the other were less than 4 oz.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I currently have KM3 37's. Apparently it has been narrowed down that these are the source of my vibration after about 6 rounds of balancing. So my question is if there is a better made, tighter tolerance, better balancing 37" tire? I'm running 37x12.50r20's.

Suggestions?
See my post above... :like:

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
I advise against any Chinese products regardless of price. Just not worth it. Go with Nitto or Toyo, both great products.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I advise against any Chinese products regardless of price. Just not worth it. Go with Nitto or Toyo, both great products.
Kumho is a South Korean tire company...Not Chinese. They are great tires. I've ran Nitto for almost 15 years. Ran BFG, Goodyear, Firestone, Interco (Super Swamper), Mickey Thompson, and several other brands... The Kumho is just as good a quality, and in some cases, better quality, than some of the continental (USA) brand tires that I've used.

I do agree with avoiding giving commie China any more money, and buying USA-made at all costs, but unfortunately, there's just not much we can do at this point...They've infiltrated the manufacturing industry so heavily, that it's nearly impossible to buy ANYTHING without some part of it being made or manufactured in China.

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yep, I used to work for Kumho and Hankook and Bridgestone/Firestone and a Chinese company I will not name and sold almost every brand out there. Nothing wrong with Kumho.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, I used to work for Kumho and Hankook and Bridgestone/Firestone and a Chinese company I will not name and sold almost every brand out there. Nothing wrong with Kumho.
It's all good, I was just clarifying so people know they're not a Chinese company. :like:

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Suggestions?
Are you using hub centric wheels?

Sponsored

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Yes. Fuel wheels
My first guess would have been non-hub centric wheels causing the problem. Weird that you can't get them balanced. Have you tried putting your stock wheels/tires back on to see if you still have the problem and that it isn't suspension/steering related?

OP
OP

Gem1n1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
My first guess would have been non-hub centric wheels causing the problem. Weird that you can't get them balanced. Have you tried putting your stock wheels/tires back on to see if you still have the problem and that it isn't suspension/steering related?

it is currently driving the best it has out of all 6 balance jobs/try’s. Unfortunately i can still feel it and it is going to drive me mad at this point.

i think I’m willing to give up a little off-road capability for a smoother non vibrating ride. This is why ridge grapplers are on the table as an option.

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Running Achilles Desert Hawk XMT’s. 37x12.5x17. One took 4oz. Three took 1-2.5oz. And one took no weights. Willing to bet the one that took 4oz would have been lower had they spun the tire on the rim. Used to be a mechanic and have had to do that before.

Anyway, Indonesian tire company, but they run really smooth at 28-30psi and they are an aggressive knobby mud terrain tread. Grooves are alot wider than the Falken m/t’s.

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
it is currently driving the best it has out of all 6 balance jobs/try’s. Unfortunately i can still feel it and it is going to drive me mad at this point.

i think I’m willing to give up a little off-road capability for a smoother non vibrating ride. This is why ridge grapplers are on the table as an option.
Man that sucks. I'm still waiting for my JT to show up but I've already bought Nitto Ridge Grapplers (37) so hope I don't have your issues. Your KM3's should be good tires.

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You might have them road forced balanced to make sure it is the tire and not the rim.
Sponsored