Mud Tired vs All Terrain Tires

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
Since you're talking about buying new I assume the choice is between the Falken AT and MT. The AT is probably more sensible in terms of tread life and practicality but I went with the MT because I wanted a truck and wanted it to look and feel like a truck, and for the occasional times when I run a dirt/rock trail, I wanted the best performance. I absolutely love the MT and I don't find them too loud at all. If I did it again I'd do the same.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting how most buy tires based on looks and not function or life or ratings for conditions. Marketing appealing to emotions works!

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
The wrangler itself wouldn't be being bought in record numbers by cityslickers (and us in the flat Midwest) if this wasn't true!

Coming from an 8 yr old set of KM2 MTs on my 04 WJ, the MT Falcons on my JT are MUCH quieter and handle better day to day. The true test will be how well it handles south dakota snowpack/ice, my old MTs were terrible on slick roads but I know tire tech has come a long ways over the years.

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
I just took delivery of a set of 35" Mickey Thompson BAJA MTZ P3s wrapped around Black Rhino Armory Wheels for my Mojave.

I liked the 33" Falken Wildpeaks that came with the Gladiator but these Mickey Thompson lean more towards the offroad and mud view of the world.

NOTE: I'll be selling the Falken's and the gray Gladiator takeoff wheels (also pictured).

Jeep Gladiator Mud Tired vs All Terrain Tires 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojav

Jeep Gladiator Mud Tired vs All Terrain Tires 62241347699__F9F05BB2-8141-414A-AEF1-BFAD0D385327

Jeep Gladiator Mud Tired vs All Terrain Tires IMG_0124

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Baja a fitting name for that tread and sidewalls. Similar direction as the Mojave is aimed at.

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
Baja a fitting name for that tread and sidewalls. Similar direction as the Mojave is aimed at.
That is precisely the drill. I have a lot of experience with Mickey Thompson tires (with my JKs and JLs) and they are perfect for the Mojave mission.
Sponsored