Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
What is the difference between the basic softtop that comes with the Gladiator and the Premium Softtop that's offered for an extra $600?
Also tinted rear window.

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Nope.
I have the basic/non-premium soft top, but have tinted windows.
I also have the basic soft top on my Willys Sport, and have the tinted back window.

And to follow-up on this thread, loving the full soft top too, wouldn't trade it for a hard top.... can literally walk out the door, and in less than a minute have the top back and be on the road.

They did a really good job with this top. I added ShadeIdea sunshades to mine that I keep in all the time (LOVE THEM!!), so it's a perfect mix of open roof/sun protection yet that open feel and air flow. My entire family loves it.

I too also love the top on/doors off/back window out option, but that requires me fighting the wife for an open garage spot lol, so only do that during a week of good weather.

For me in North Carolina, I can't see a better option than the soft top. And I don't even have the premium.

Sponsored

MoDean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2017 JK
Sunrider for hardtop all the way for me. The best of both worlds. Living in the Lake Ontario snow belt, a hard top is a must for winter. I did the dual top thing with my JKU, and while I enjoyed the full soft top in the summer, storing the hard top was a pain. I love being able to open up the sunder in a second and close it just as fast if a sudden rain hits.

OP
OP
aj8544

aj8544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR,2018 Wrangler JLU 2.0, 2018 F150
Glad to hear it was a fairly easy install. About how long did it take you and did you do it alone of with help?
By myself, first time was probably an hour including removing the hard top and assembling the rear belt rail. This spring when I put it back on after winter it was probably 1/2 hour.

ajarends

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Gladiator in April 2022
Occupation
Sales
My problem with the hard top is when you take it off.....wherever you leave it, you gotta come back for it. Or if you do have the dual top group, storing the hard top when not in use.

Would I like a hard top, sure, but the soft top makes more sense for me.

FWIW, I went with only the premium soft top and I am located in Toronto, Ontario (Canada). I will let you know what I think after running it in the winter.
Should be pretty cold in Ontario by now--how is the soft top working out for you (I'm in Chicago and about to order)?

Ar4130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
IMO, the Premium Twill softop is the best. I had a twill top on my JK and will never go back to a regular softop. Like an idiot, I ordered a 22 with a Hardtop. At the time I ordered, it was part of the popular equip package on the Sport S that included the 7 inch radio and a few other options. Fast Forward and the 7 inch is standard on the 22'. I could have gone with just the premium twill top and avoided the hardto all together. I really regret ordering the hardtop, as I will have to pay for another top. Also, in my experience the hardtop will just become a lawn/garage ornament for the duration of time I own the Jeep. Honestly prefer the way the softop looks compared to the hardtop.

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
Should be pretty cold in Ontario by now--how is the soft top working out for you (I'm in Chicago and about to order)?
Awesome! Not cold at all. The heater in this Jeep is second to none. We haven’t had a ton of snow yet, but it’s been cold.

Last edited:

Sponsored

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
IMO, the Premium Twill softop is the best. I had a twill top on my JK and will never go back to a regular softop. Like an idiot, I ordered a 22 with a Hardtop. At the time I ordered, it was part of the popular equip package on the Sport S that included the 7 inch radio and a few other options. Fast Forward and the 7 inch is standard on the 22'. I could have gone with just the premium twill top and avoided the hardto all together. I really regret ordering the hardtop, as I will have to pay for another top. Also, in my experience the hardtop will just become a lawn/garage ornament for the duration of time I own the Jeep. Honestly prefer the way the softop looks compared to the hardtop.
I mean your in NJ, I’m in NY. You have a hard top ( which I want ) I have a premium soft top (which you want.) let’s make it happen!

CdnGriff

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mohave
-24C (-11F) this morning. Upper body was nice and warm, my legs were a bit cold tho go figure.
Yeah same here this morning, I'm a little east of the 6 (that's The Big Smoke, The T-dot, Toronto). Soft top only, I've had dual tops for my other Jeeps, got tired of the swap.

My biggest complaint is that the lower vents seem to do nothing at all. I can get heat from every other vent, sometimes too much heat. But the lowers suck as bad as my JKU ones did.

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
Yeah same here this morning, I'm a little east of the 6 (that's The Big Smoke, The T-dot, Toronto). Soft top only, I've had dual tops for my other Jeeps, got tired of the swap.

My biggest complaint is that the lower vents seem to do nothing at all. I can get heat from every other vent, sometimes too much heat. But the lowers suck as bad as my JKU ones did.
How far east? And I agree... I vaguely remember my JK being the same.
Sponsored