Bestop Soft Door Review

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Nice but far to rich for my blood so will just have to run doorless and if it looks like its gonna rain through my rain gear top on it.
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
This is @Bestop replacement for the core doors. So you buy the HighRock Doors with the Enclosure Panels plus the Upper Fabric half doors. In total for the just the Front setup with twill uppers your looking at $1,515 for the whole Front Door Setup. That's double the price for the soft Doors. The question is, do these uppers flap or not?

1654778156701.png

1654778188995.png
I was so close to getting this setup what gets me is once you enclose the tube doors they are no-longer tube doors anymore. I was really hoping for something a bit more modular kind of like the pop out pannel in core doors.

Blackjeepjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi, 2015 2dr Jk hard rock rubi
If you like going doorless then the sudden Florida rain is exactly a reason to buy them. If you go on Youtube there are videos showing the doors leak in heavy rains, but it keeps most of the water out. People just recommend pulling the drain plugs in the floor.
the top flaps out on mine if going above 58-60 mph.Does the same on my jk. This allows much noise, air, water when flapping.
To counter this on jk when pulling as a toad unoccupied, tied the top closed to sun visor.
Have done the same on the jt for interstate travel. Stops the flop. I just made a loop eye of string to top frame of door. Then tie off to the grab handle on each side (see pics).

5BDE0020-0222-4B2E-9BB3-A9E92D343629.jpeg

4DC20C47-72EC-4BB4-8A7C-DFB977245BD2.jpeg

OP
OP
berb

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gadiator Sport / Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher
the top flaps out on mine if going above 58-60 mph.Does the same on my jk. This allows much noise, air, water when flapping.
To counter this on jk when pulling as a toad unoccupied, tied the top closed to sun visor.
Have done the same on the jt for interstate travel. Stops the flop. I just made a loop eye of string to top frame of door. Then tie off to the grab handle on each side (see pics).

Jeep Gladiator Bestop Soft Door Review 4DC20C47-72EC-4BB4-8A7C-DFB977245BD2

Jeep Gladiator Bestop Soft Door Review 4DC20C47-72EC-4BB4-8A7C-DFB977245BD2
This is why I love this forum. You’re a genius! I purposely put my hard doors on my jeep for my trip next week. I may do this now.

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Web Developer
I had these on my old JK. the Flapping was unbearable at highway speeds and I ended up doing the same as pictured above. it helped for sure. but It did turn me off buying them for my JL and my JT now. for the price Bestop wants they could engineer it better

Sponsored

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Any updates to this thread. Maybe bestop has redesigned the soft doors by now?

what do you guys run for mirrors when not running the soft doors?

Blackjeepjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi, 2015 2dr Jk hard rock rubi
Any updates to this thread. Maybe bestop has redesigned the soft doors by now?

what do you guys run for mirrors when not running the soft doors?
no updates that I’m aware of and depending on your need/use, not sure update is needed. I like these cause I primarily want to run doorless and have these on hand just in case. These are 2 pc and fairly light small package that can easily be portable. Keep in mind that I’m used to the 70’s-80’s cj soft top and doors and I can promise that these are definitely an upgrade over them.

for mirrors, I use the Quadratec quick release that mount to existing body bolts. They make for jt and jL but I’m using an old set from my jk.

Jeep Gladiator Bestop Soft Door Review IMG_8358

IMG_6755.png
Sponsored