Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed

GreenZJ

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR....Jeep #10
Does anyone see a reason (clamp depth/height, topper overall height, ect...) why the Datin Softopper Bed Racks wouldn't work with the Bestop version too? I spoke with Bestop chat yesterday and they couldn't verify either way. They said it hasn't been tested. Well at first they said, "We do not test our products with other manufacturers' aftermarket products, so I wouldn't be able to tell you for sure."

I mentioned, "I thought Bestop owns Softopper?
The Datin rack is sold on the Softopper website... Datin Fab® Canvas Cage Rack - JGLDO
So it seems like this isn't really an "other manufacturer?"

The CS Rep asked around and confirmed it hasn't been tested.

My kinda "issue" is... that if I were to order one and it doesn't work, there's a 15% restocking fee and I'd be responsible for return shipping. In a world where Amazon has spoiled us, this ain't great policy.
Having owned the Datin rack for Softopper, I doubt you’ll have any issue. The Bestop won’t be any taller, and there was plenty of room to spare between the rack and my Softopper
Sponsored

grownwrong

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 2020 JL Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
engineer
Having owned the Datin rack for Softopper, I doubt you’ll have any issue. The Bestop won’t be any taller, and there was plenty of room to spare between the rack and my Softopper
That's what I was hoping to hear. So I guess, unless something else gets released in the next 2 or 3 months, I'm going to go with a Datin Frame, Twill Supertop, over a Decked drawer system.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

Rebel5

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave, 08 Jeep Wrangler JK 4dr
Occupation
Art Director
@Bestop Any idea on offering a fastback version of this bed topper like the Trektop Pro for the Jk and JL?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

mattylmbr

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Like a soft version of this?
Jeep Gladiator Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed 1616686410138

I'm having a hard time imagining that would be a good seller but my ears are always open.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I think a screened/vented option for the front and rear windows of the top is where you need to spend some development time so I can buy them once I get my twill top. 😂

gladnewb

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Still figuring that out, but IT for now!
April is coming up soon. I hope we'll finally see purchase info. @Bestop - are you guys still on track for an "early April" release?

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
April is coming up soon. I hope we'll finally see purchase info. @Bestop - are you guys still on track for an "early April" release?
I need the twill version delivered before memorial day weekend for a planned trip. Keeping my fingers 🤞

Sponsored

mellendic

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT Security Researcher
Like a soft version of this?
Jeep Gladiator Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed 1616686410138

I'm having a hard time imagining that would be a good seller but my ears are always open.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
is the bestop softtop going to be a bit taller than the softopper? I have the softopper, and want the bestop... but the height difference is almost silly with the softop on the jeep.

grownwrong

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 2020 JL Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
engineer
is the bestop softtop going to be a bit taller than the softopper? I have the softopper, and want the bestop... but the height difference is almost silly with the softop on the jeep.
I think they mentioned that they were designing it to match the roof height with the Hard Top. If they went much higher than the Softopper... then the Datin Fab bed rack might not fit! And that would be an issue for me

Rebel5

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave, 08 Jeep Wrangler JK 4dr
Occupation
Art Director

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Jeep Gladiator Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed 1616784950584

@Bestop does this window panel open at all? I know the corners provide structural resistance to the frame, and in other trucks it doesn't really matter, but I use my soft top in "Safari" mode or just with the back panel out a lot in the summer, and access through here would be really nice... Not a sealed pass through like a lot of folks want, but just this forward window open.

Cianalas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport MaxTow
Jeep Gladiator Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed 1616784950584

@Bestop does this window panel open at all? I know the corners provide structural resistance to the frame, and in other trucks it doesn't really matter, but I use my soft top in "Safari" mode or just with the back panel out a lot in the summer, and access through here would be really nice... Not a sealed pass through like a lot of folks want, but just this forward window open.
Mine just shipped last night. So if they don't get back to you by the time it comes in, I'll let you know.
Sponsored