First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
Those of you that are using the fuelly app or hand calculating, how does it compare to the onboard numbers?
I hand calc and record in a book where I keep notes on everything I do, I tend to run a little lower than indicated (stock rubi manual). Sometimes it's dead nuts on, sometimes it's 1mpg high, most often it's between the two. Not sure I've ever seen it lower than actual. I typically fill at the same station (when I'm home and it's convenient) the same way so my results should be consistent.

When I got the truck I was averaging mid-16s, it has crept up over time where I'm high-18s to high-19s mpg pretty consistently, currently at 12k miles and almost a year of ownership. Tracks pretty well with what others have seen by my mpg ticked up pretty continuously until I was at 10k. Maybe my driving changed some? Not sure.

The numbers have never really come out right on the dash for me though. Sometimes it hits dead on almost by accident. It does seem to follow a trend though so if it's reading higher my mpg is higher but not exactly what it says.

For those doing napkin math I usually fill right at 18gal +/- a little and will get 330-350 miles on tthat tank. Keeping it around 50-60 an in 6th as much as possible keeps mileage as high as possible. Which all checks out.
Sponsored

Lasdar

First Name
Virginia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Patriot
Occupation
Former Historic Archaeoligist, now Project Controls
I also keep a record of every tank, old school notebook gets every fill-up written down and calculated. So far the computer agrees with my calculations. Oh and I have a hard top, and a hard tauno cover, I know from past trucks that later makes a huge difference.

Capt.Grumps1075

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Towboat Captain
I only get smiles per gallon lol it's a jeep they've never been known for economy šŸ˜…

maddocmuc

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Physician
Vehicle Showcase
26.4 mpg @highway 75 mph with factory bed cover and bigger tires . Ecodiesel, off courseā€¦.

EE126893-B7EC-4983-BFE9-CD2D9F813974.jpeg

rayvonp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Gladiator, 2018 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Boeing
I run 87 shell and average 21.0 and thatā€™s hand calculating, but I also have to drive very light footed to get that.

Sponsored

mep4wd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Consultant, Retired
Wait till you start driving UPHILL !!!

DrJMS

First Name
Dr. Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland 2014 Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Psychologist
Vehicle Showcase
This is mine after a trip from Michigan to AZ. Iā€™ll be towing a 2000# boat Monday on the way back home so Iā€™ll see whatā€™s the best I can do.
Jeep Gladiator Better gas mileage than expected?? EE126893-B7EC-4983-BFE9-CD2D9F813974
My 2020 Overland gets 24mpg on the highway if cruise is set at 60. At 70 it drops to 23.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Curious what you've found. Is it the suspension and wheel package that creates the efficiency?
Tires and gear ratio (and lower weight than the Rubicon)
Height, bigger tires, and weight matter. Once I started making changes to my Overland, I could see the numbers drop. Raised it a bit - lost MPG. Added steel bumper and winch - lost MPG. Added A/T tires, lost MPG.

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
Meh,
I gotta heavy foot. I mash the gas, point A > point B.
I still get 21.3-ish so it`s all good.

JDMRN81

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Nurse Practitioner
I usually donā€™t pay much attention to my MPGā€™s. I usually average 6.5k miles a year in my DD. That being said, I picked up my Mojave 1 week ago today. 60 of those miles were highway back from the dealer averaging 16 MPG and the other 100 miles are suburban driving getting 13.7 currently. I DO NOT have a lead foot lol. I know this will get better with breaking in, but damn canā€™t imagine what itā€™s going to be when my 35ā€™s get here.

Once I get a few K miles Iā€™ll give an update.

19A06F6A-6907-42BA-8153-4F90446B08CC.jpeg

Sponsored

Dmc

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Retired
i just went past 1000 and Iā€™ve noticed a slight increase.

Jeepguy002

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Cell Culture and Purification Technician
Those of you that are using the fuelly app or hand calculating, how does it compare to the onboard numbers?
I use the fillup app and I'm always within a half of a MPG compared to the onboard system.

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Rubicon with 35's and leveled in the front, 8K miles and the best I've done is 17.2 MPG. That's actually better than it used to be. Seems a little more mileage helped increase the MPG slightly.

samd1351

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT PP, 21 Gladiator?
Occupation
PLS
Well, so far, I'm at about 15 mpg. Granted, it's only been five days or so. But damn, I get better than that in the 5.0 Mustang. And I "tend" to drive that with a heavy foot. I mean, I paid for the whole speedometer, so why not use it. :LOL:
Sponsored