Biggest tire on stock Willy Rims

Coolant113

First Name
Ant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willy’s
I am looking to put the biggest sized AT tire I can on stock Willy's rims. I love the rims so I do not want to part with them. I am just wondering the biggest size I could possibly put on. I went to my local tire shop today and they told me 285/70/17 would be the biggest. Wondering if anybody has had luck with bigger.

A few of the tires I was looking at are

Nitto - Ridge Grappler
Nitto - Terra Grappler G2
BF - AT T/A K02
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3

I live in the Northeast so handling with rain and snow are very important to me. I do not do offroading, however I love the look of the AT tires.

If anybody has any insight to the tire size, and above suggestions of tires for my Willy's that would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Lake Miller

First Name
Lake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Web Developer
You may want to check out this website for tire size references:

https://tiresize.com/tires/Jeep/Gladiator/2021/Willys/

The tires that you've mentioned above are for intense off-road activities. You should check out shops like 4wheelonline for other alternatives. Actually, the website that I have attached to this post has a recommendation section as well.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
35x10.5x17, 285/75/17 is another size with a few more brand options.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Height doesn't really matter. It's width. A 285 is about as wide as you really want to go on a 7.5" wheel. But if your look around here plenty of people are running 315s on stock width wheels and say they have no problem. Personally I wouldn't chance it. Especially if you ever plan to air down.

DrPlastic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 H-D Breakout, '21 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician/Mechanic

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I am looking to put the biggest sized AT tire I can on stock Willy's rims. I love the rims so I do not want to part with them. I am just wondering the biggest size I could possibly put on. I went to my local tire shop today and they told me 285/70/17 would be the biggest. Wondering if anybody has had luck with bigger.

A few of the tires I was looking at are

Nitto - Ridge Grappler
Nitto - Terra Grappler G2
BF - AT T/A K02
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3

I live in the Northeast so handling with rain and snow are very important to me. I do not do offroading, however I love the look of the AT tires.

If anybody has any insight to the tire size, and above suggestions of tires for my Willy's that would be greatly appreciated.
No idea on the tire size, I have 18s, but I’m running 285/70/18 Revo 3s and I love them. They handle great and have been really good in the rain and snow. They have an aggressive look also. I have almost 30k miles on them and they are wearing great. One of the things I like about them is they’re light and ride really well for an E load tire.

pic for reference. Ignore my jacked up bumper, that sucked. Hit and run last year…
Jeep Gladiator Biggest tire on stock Willy Rims 2AE5D88A-B643-4D0D-A7C9-081CBF63811F

Last edited:

Eoverir

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Occupation
Technician
Im running 35/12.5/17 on stock 7.5” wheels. I have no problems. I have been playing with my air pressures and am now at 26 psi front and 24 psi in the rear. Running a wide tire on a skinny wheel used to be known as the poor mans beadlock. Airing down is no problem. I have NEVER heard of anyone having any problem doing this.

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The 37’s I’ve purchased, MT Baja Boss A/T 37x12.5x17 per the specs, call for an 8” rim. The shop I’m working with has many times mounted tires of the same time on stock 7.5 rims with no issues. That’s only a 1/4 inch narrower on each side of the rim. That small amount won’t make enough difference. I’ll end up running slightly lower pressure than the OE 37psi to keep the tread flat on the road, but probably not much lower.

Danielson2881

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Danielson, I like the side steps. Whose are they? Also, it’s been a while since this pic. How are they holding up?
Rough Country Contour steps. They've held up well, a few scratches where the kids get in with their baseball cleats on, but overall fine.