Sponsored

Blinking blue light under steering wheel?

GladiatorG8R

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
What is the blinking blue light under the steering wheel? Has a phone icon on it or beside it. Also has a red blinking light after I locked the doors for the night. Any help?
Sponsored

jbn40301

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave 2020
What is the blinking blue light under the steering wheel? Has a phone icon on it or beside it. Also has a red blinking light after I locked the doors for the night. Any help?
ET Phone Home?
Joke, I am not sure but would like to know as well.....

Photo???

jbn40301

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave 2020
ET Phone Home?
Joke, I am not sure but would like to know as well.....

Photo???
Probably an alarm put in at the dealer.. They commonly install them for security at the dealership. The eventual customer has the choice of paying the $$$ to keep the alarm or the dealer will just deactivate it. Either way, it will always keep flashing.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The red light on the dash after you lock your doors with the key fob, is flashing to let you know that your doors are locked, and your factory alarm is armed, so if someone breaks in, it will sound the horn to alert you.

I don't know what that blue thing under the dash is...It does look like that tracking device. If so, I'd demand the dealership remove that at THEIR expense. You can also track your vehicle with the uConnect app on your smartphone for FREE! So that bonus-added Big Brother tracking device is far from necessary.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like most dealers are doing this sort of thing on almost everything they sell - and not telling us (referring to my thread about the "mystery device" that nearly fell out from under my dash - turned out being a GPS tracking device - dealer installed)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like most dealers are doing this sort of thing on almost everything they sell - and not telling us (referring to my thread about the "mystery device" that nearly fell out from under my dash - turned out being a GPS tracking device - dealer installed)
Where is it wired to, so we can see if ours' has one, as well...???

I've already removed that panel under the steering wheel to install my Tazer, and didn't see anything like that, but would be curious to know if I overlooked it up in there somewhere.

OP
OP

GladiatorG8R

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
The red light on the dash after you lock your doors with the key fob, is flashing to let you know that your doors are locked, and your factory alarm is armed, so if someone breaks in, it will sound the horn to alert you.

I don't know what that blue thing under the dash is...It does look like that tracking device. If so, I'd demand the dealership remove that at THEIR expense. You can also track your vehicle with the uConnect app on your smartphone for FREE! So that bonus-added Big Brother tracking device is far from necessary.
Thanks! I was thinking that may be what the red lights is. The gladiator I purchased had a EVTS and a few other things listed as dealer add ons. I bet that is what the EVTS is. I know I hate the blinking blue light.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Where is it wired to, so we can see if ours' has one, as well...???

I've already removed that panel under the steering wheel to install my Tazer, and didn't see anything like that, but would be curious to know if I overlooked it up in there somewhere.
Mine was piggy-backed with the normal OBD port - I found it when something fell onto my foot the day after I got the JT back from the oil change, etc. I suspect they plugged their device in to read things like they always do when you go to a shop - and they knocked it out of the bracket.

The device itself was strapped to a wire bundle up under the dash along with a good foot of wire.

There wasn't a single word about it in the papers - and they never said a thing, so maybe it was to locate it on their lot, or they just do that to ALL vehicles in case they lease one or someone has a loan or whatever. I removed it.....

Jeep Gladiator Blinking blue light under steering wheel? piggyback-1

Jeep Gladiator Blinking blue light under steering wheel? GPS-tracker-1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I was thinking that may be what the red lights is. The gladiator I purchased had a EVTS and a few other things listed as dealer add ons. I bet that is what the EVTS is. I know I hate the blinking blue light.
EVTS probably stands for Emergency Vehicle Tracking System.

or

Everyone's Virtually Tracking your Shit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was piggy-backed with the normal OBD port - I found it when something fell onto my foot the day after I got the JT back from the oil change, etc. I suspect they plugged their device in to read things like they always do when you go to a shop - and they knocked it out of the bracket.

The device itself was strapped to a wire bundle up under the dash along with a good foot of wire.

There wasn't a single word about it in the papers - and they never said a thing, so maybe it was to locate it on their lot, or they just do that to ALL vehicles in case they lease one or someone has a loan or whatever. I removed it.....

piggyback-1.jpg

GPS-tracker-1.jpg
I will definitely be checking for some big brother shit on mine... I don't really give a shit if they track me, it's just an invasion of my privacy and I don't like being unknowingly watched.

See, with a smart phone and a computer, you KNOW they're watching and tracking you... But when it comes to your vehicle, that's just excessive and underhanded to add something like that, and not tell you up front.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
...probably was not ever a KMart shopper, then.............
Wasn't that a CCR song? "Let the Blue Light Special....Shine a light on me...." Or maybe it was that crackhead in the alleyway behind kmart that used to sing that... :idea:
Sponsored