Sponsored

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
So driving up the highway I had a sudden loss of power, a shudder and barely got off the highway as the truck died. It had a piston blown through the block. I had it towed to my dealership to have him tell me "you're the second Gladiator we got this week with a piston through the block". Mine had 11K miles, the other had 7K miles. Hope this is isolated....
Sponsored

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
So driving up the highway I had a sudden loss of power, a shudder and barely got off the highway as the truck died. It had a piston blown through the block. I had it towed to my dealership to have him tell me "you're the second Gladiator we got this week with a piston through the block". Mine had 11K miles, the other had 7K miles. Hope this is isolated....
Pics or it didn’t happen. But really that would suck.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Are you heavily modded or fairly stock??

Sponsored

OP
OP

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
Man, that's brutal, sorry to hear. I hope they work with you under Warranty. Keep us posted!
crazy that there was another one with the same problem - I've been looking to see if there have been any other reports, but so far I haven't seen any...

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
crazy that there was another one with the same problem - I've been looking to see if there have been any other reports, but so far I haven't seen any...
What is your build date (MDH # = month/day/hour)? It's on a sticker on pillar between doors on drivers side. Also see if you can find out MDH# of the other one.

OP
OP

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
Super isolated. The pentastar is in millions of vehicles. If this was not crazy isolated it would be a major talking point.

Really sucks to hear, how long until you get an engine swap and back on the road?
new engine is due in next week, shop quoted it as a 2 day job - totally get what you're saying, this engine is all over the FCA lineup - just crazy there were 2 in my area within a week

Sponsored

OP
OP

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
What is your build date (MDH # = month/day/hour)? It's on a sticker on pillar between doors on drivers side. Also see if you can find out MDH# of the other one.
it's at the shop now, I have to run over tomorrow to get some stuff out, I'll take a picture

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
new engine is due in next week, shop quoted it as a 2 day job - totally get what you're saying, this engine is all over the FCA lineup - just crazy there were 2 in my area within a week
Seriously, that is the part that stuns me, not only the same area but the same shop too.

At least it is only, what two weeks out of it? Better than I expected tbh.

I would deff try to get an answer as to why it happened. Have that info under your belt at least. Just in case.

OP
OP

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
Seriously, that is the part that stuns me, not only the same area but the same shop too.

At least it is only, what two weeks out of it? Better than I expected tbh.

I would deff try to get an answer as to why it happened. Have that info under your belt at least. Just in case.
yep - already asking...