Sponsored

Bought a new Gladiator High Altitude for my wife

Kenneths77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator High Altitude
I bought a 2021 Gladiator High Altitude for my wife and need help choosing a lift/level that wont negatively effect the ride. I put Nitto Ridge grapplers 295-55-20's on yesterday and now want to level it off and or possibly lift it some but don't want to compromise the ride quality. I compared the height of hers when it was on stock tires to a stock Mojave parked next to it and the Mojave looks to be a good 3" taller at the door. Is there a difference in stock suspension height between models besides the tires? This is her daily driver and will not see very much if any off road activity. She loves the ride as it is now and I am trying real hard not to change that. I have searched on here and read numerous threads only to leave me more confused than ever. I did notice a lot of people talking good about the Daystar 1.5" leveling kit and for the price I went ahead and ordered that for the time being. I have also read good things about the Mopar kit, is it worth the money?
Any help deciding will be greatly appreciated. Here are a couple of pictures of the new ride before and after tires.

20201026_084052.jpg

20201026_165352.jpg
Sponsored

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I would suggest picking up a JT Rubicon take-off suspension. It will lift the front end a bit and include the nicer, Fox shocks. I've seen them locally for $250-$300. I will likely do this for my Sport S with Max Tow, but keep my factory rear springs.

OP
OP

Kenneths77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would suggest picking up a JT Rubicon take-off suspension. It will lift the front end a bit and include the nicer, Fox shocks. I've seen them locally for $250-$300. I will likely do this for my Sport S with Max Tow, but keep my factory rear springs.
I have seen the take off suspensions for sale but wasn't sure if there are any height differences. When we were test driving we found that the Rubicon rode a little rougher than the Mojave and the High Altitude better than the Mojave but that difference could have been just the tires.

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I just put the a Daystar 1.5” on the front and 3/4” on the rear with Rubicon take off shocks on my Sport S max tow. I have 285/75/17 tires, 34” tall, on stock wheels. I like the look, I like a little bit of rake, rides a little firmer and feels more planted over bumps from the shocks but otherwise handling is the same.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
It is Her Daily Driver. it is not going off road, and She likes the way it rides. Why change anything at all?

OP
OP

Kenneths77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is Her Daily Driver. it is not going off road, and She likes the way it rides. Why change anything at all?
Because we like the look of it leveled with a slight lift.

All of my past jeeps were CJ's and a YJ that all had leaf springs. I was able to lift all of them and still ride pretty decent, should be as easy if not easier with coil springs?

Any particular brand lifts to avoid?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Because we like the look of it leveled with a slight lift.

All of my past jeeps were CJ's and a YJ that all had leaf springs. I was able to lift all of them and still ride pretty decent, should be as easy if not easier with coil springs?

Any particular brand lifts to avoid?
One of the spacer lift kits might work for you. That should give some lift without affecting the ride. If you want more than that, I would go with the Mopar 2" lift kit. There are a lot of lift threads in the Suspension section.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
If you just put on the Rubicon take off shocks and keep the regular springs it will not add any lift. I put on Rubi take off shocks on my sport s max tow and kept the same springs and go no added lift. So perhaps if you swap out the front springs with Rubi take off springs it might give some lift

Sponsored

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
If you just put on the Rubicon take off shocks and keep the regular springs it will not add any lift. I put on Rubi take off shocks on my sport s max tow and kept the same springs and go no added lift. So perhaps if you swap out the front springs with Rubi take off springs it might give some lift
Exactly. I would like to install the Rubicon front springs and keep my Max Tow rear springs. I'm aware shocks won't affect ride height.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Goodness that’s a whole lotta white!

I didn’t like the factory ride, so I went with a complete kit that made it more firm and handle better IMO. I would imagine that the Mopar lift would probably keep the ride as close to factory ride as anything.

Volt0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM,JTHA
@Kenneths77 we have both a HA and Mojave. From the factory, the Mojave sits a little higher, but not 3” at the door. On the Mojave & Rubicon, the front fender sits a little higher ( right at the bottom of the hood ), and the Mojave has a steel hood that’s also 1” taller than the other models.

With just the change in tires, you’ve probably given her JT a better chance in the snow, and less risk of puncture on gravel/trails. It’s a very reasonable move. Honestly, that setup is pretty capable the way that it is.

btw, how much of an impact did it have on peppiness and mpg, for changing the tire weight from 38lbs to 62lbs, and from going from a 31” tire to a 33” tire?

Last edited:

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
I would do the AEV 2" spacer kit. good price and gets it up 2" without sacrificing the original OEM ride
Sponsored