First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Gladiator, 22 Mitsubishi Outlander
Occupation
Freight Train Conductor
I was at 500 when I started with the check engine issues. Had to have it replaced. Still have engine issues now…misfiring waiting 3 weeks to see a dealer near me. @JeepCares doesnt do much good luck I hope it’s nothing big.
Im holding onto hope that they help me out. The Durango I traded in for the Jeep was as reliable as they come. I’m really praying I didn’t shoot myself in the foot by getting rid of it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Drew18337

Drew18337

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Freight Train Conductor
Im holding onto hope that they help me out. The Durango I traded in for the Jeep was as reliable as they come. I’m really praying I didn’t shoot myself in the foot by getting rid of it.
What did you have replaced at 500 miles? The engine or the truck? Either once is crazy

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
What did you have replaced at 500 miles? The engine or the truck? Either once is crazy
Engine. Now I’m getting the p0300 and ESS on this engine, misfiring and stuttering like crazy. Dealers are three weeks out and jeepcares could care less that I have no car for weeks. Not willing to get a rental, stating its on the dealership to provide.

OP
OP
Drew18337

Drew18337

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Freight Train Conductor
Engine. Now I’m getting the p0300 and ESS on this engine, misfiring and stuttering like crazy. Dealers are three weeks out and jeepcares could care less that I have no car for weeks. Not willing to get a rental, stating its on the dealership to provide.
Everything about that is ridiculous. These trucks are way too expensive to have these kind of problems.

Sponsored

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
I was one of those later ones to report my misfires (PO302, #2 cylinder misfire) First attempt was to replace the injector. Hours later it misfired again. It went back in but this time it stayed at the lot for 50 days waiting for a camshaft. First one arrived damaged and had to wait for the second one. The dealership rented a vehicle for me from Enterprise which took a load of concern off me. Cost to the dealership was $2200 CAD.

The supply of camshafts just isn’t there. When mine was finally coming, a batch of over 300 plus cams arrived at the unpacking warehouse and were being shipped all over the States and Canada dealerships. Long story short, my truck runs like a dream,…better than new. There’s still is that little internal coolant leak I have since I got my JTR February, 2021. I’m monitoring it with oil analysis and am currently consuming 14plus ounces of coolant in 10k kms. Hang in there guys, no body has died yet from pulling out to pass someone from stomping on the throttle and a misfire shakes the hell out of the truck, shutting things down. Hope Chrysler has their fingers and toes crossed wishing us well.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Really wish I got the Tacoma is was looking at
It’s certainly frustrating to doubt your choice that you shoulda gone with the tacoma instead of the JT but you woulda just dealt with other issues there too. I had the 2017 Tacoma TRD Sport since new. Dropped $11k in upgrades over three years, dealt with vibration issues, replaced driveshaft, replaced rack and pinion, front diff needle bearing replaced, manual transmission had half the oil required from the factory that I didn’t find out about till I changed my own oil in it at 16k. Oil analysis showed tranny was baked and sycro gear was grinding at 110k kms and Toyota refused to fix it. Rear diff was down 1 quart from the factory. Techs constantly kept screwing up causing damage which I would find out later. Service blamed me for stressing the techs which caused them to screw up!

God saw that during my 3 years of ownership I was being tormented too much and sent an elk to run in front of me which fixed all my tacoma problems in an instant. Air bags did not go off.
76DAE5EE-2FE0-4885-BF83-110862BD566A.jpeg
8283B200-CEF5-45D6-85EF-11D4D365BA2F.jpeg
0AA5AA52-5945-4E3D-9A3B-B5EB6636D828.jpeg
CE92699F-DCA2-4343-9E71-09283ECB7025.jpeg

I had paid for Toyota’s very good extended warranty (which wouldn’t fix the tranny) (7 years, 200,000 kms) which at the time the elk wrote off my truck, Toyota’s ECP owed me back, 4 years and 65k kms value of unused warranty, $1000 I expected to come back.

I cancelled the warranty and waited 10 weeks for a cheque only to be told by ECP “because approved warranty repairs over the 3 years cost more than I paid for the plan they were not refunding any money.”

I called it corporate theft. New order sales man laughed me. I Called Corporate to have them explain and was hung up on.

The order I put in for the PRO model wasn’t able to be made due to covid so I fired them and went to Jeep.

Heavy sigh….the story goes much deeper but the moral of my story is “grass is not greener on the other side.” Hang in there.

OP
OP
Drew18337

Drew18337

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Freight Train Conductor
It’s certainly frustrating to doubt your choice that you shoulda gone with the tacoma instead of the JT but you woulda just dealt with other issues there too. I had the 2017 Tacoma TRD Sport since new. Dropped $11k in upgrades over three years, dealt with vibration issues, replaced driveshaft, replaced rack and pinion, front diff needle bearing replaced, manual transmission had half the oil required from the factory that I didn’t find out about till I changed my own oil in it at 16k. Oil analysis showed tranny was baked and sycro gear was grinding at 110k kms and Toyota refused to fix it. Rear diff was down 1 quart from the factory. Techs constantly kept screwing up causing damage which I would find out later. Service blamed me for stressing the techs which caused them to screw up!

God saw that during my 3 years of ownership I was being tormented too much and sent an elk to run in front of me which fixed all my tacoma problems in an instant. Air bags did not go off.
Jeep Gladiator Brand new Jeep. Flashing check engine light CE92699F-DCA2-4343-9E71-09283ECB7025
Jeep Gladiator Brand new Jeep. Flashing check engine light CE92699F-DCA2-4343-9E71-09283ECB7025

I had paid for Toyota’s very good extended warranty (which wouldn’t fix the tranny) (7 years, 200,000 kms) which at the time the elk wrote off my truck, Toyota’s ECP owed me back, 4 years and 65k kms value of unused warranty, $1000 I expected to come back.

I cancelled the warranty and waited 10 weeks for a cheque only to be told by ECP “because approved warranty repairs over the 3 years cost more than I paid for the plan they were not refunding any money.”

I called it corporate theft. New order sales man laughed me. I Called Corporate to have them explain and was hung up on.

The order I put in for the PRO model wasn’t able to be made due to covid so I fired them and went to Jeep.

Heavy sigh….the story goes much deeper but the moral of my story is “grass is not greener on the other side.” Hang in there.
damn. Sorry you had to deal with all that. My first ever vehicle was a

damn, sorry you had to deal with all that. I’ve heard Toyota service and corporate was a major PITA to deal with. But not to that extent. Glad you are ok. Elk are huge.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Drew18337

Drew18337

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Freight Train Conductor
Update….

I spoke with Jeep customer service yesterday evening. They told me that the techs from my dealer did reach out to the engineers at Jeep to try to diagnose the issue. She also said she would contact the dealer directly to find out any info she could and also try to get me into a loaner that better suits my needs. ( a Jeep Cherokee isn’t a replacement for a gladiator)

The engine code is P0300 which seems to be the common code everyone gets when they have problems with less then 5000 miles.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I was one of those later ones to report my misfires (PO302, #2 cylinder misfire) First attempt was to replace the injector. Hours later it misfired again. It went back in but this time it stayed at the lot for 50 days waiting for a camshaft. First one arrived damaged and had to wait for the second one. The dealership rented a vehicle for me from Enterprise which took a load of concern off me. Cost to the dealership was $2200 CAD.

The supply of camshafts just isn’t there. When mine was finally coming, a batch of over 300 plus cams arrived at the unpacking warehouse and were being shipped all over the States and Canada dealerships. Long story short, my truck runs like a dream,…better than new. There’s still is that little internal coolant leak I have since I got my JTR February, 2021. I’m monitoring it with oil analysis and am currently consuming 14plus ounces of coolant in 10k kms. Hang in there guys, no body has died yet from pulling out to pass someone from stomping on the throttle and a misfire shakes the hell out of the truck, shutting things down. Hope Chrysler has their fingers and toes crossed wishing us well.
Which Camshaft they replaced?

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Which Camshaft they replaced?
PO302. They replaced #2 injector first then when it misfired again they said that cam was damaged by #2 intake valve not seating.

It sat like this for 50
days outside in their lot with rags on it. You know me, I took an oil sample before it went in and drew another sample after I got it back and the silicons (dirt, dust and other shit contamination) went up by 10 points.
54480CE5-2CE8-44BA-BEFA-5EE1ED652CD8.jpeg

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
PO302. They replaced #2 injector first then when it misfired again they said that cam was damaged by #2 intake valve not seating.
Thanks, so I assume the LH intake cam was replace? Was there an oil analysis showing a elevated iron wear numbers for the cam wear?

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Thanks, so I assume the LH intake cam was replace? Was there an oil analysis showing a elevated iron wear numbers for the cam wear?
Yes, LH. Iron elevation happened after my first 10k kms.
First sample at 10k shows iron at 48ppm. The next 10k is at 80ppm.

What are your iron levels at?
Sponsored