Bring back Gator

chsapeak

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Diesel Rubicon Stingray
As the owner of a 2020 Rubicon in Gator I've come to love this color. Nothing else comes close in my eyes. I really want a new Diesel version but they no longer offer gator as a color choice. Left the dealers lot today, after looking over every other color available, and decided to wait and pray they bring it back for the 2022 line up. Am I the only one missing this color? Everywhere I go people compliment my Jeep and mention what a nice color it is. Anyone have an insider that cant leak the 2022 colors....LOL
Jeep Gladiator Bring back Gator IMG_3393.PNG
Sponsored

Sponsored

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Don't hold your breath. If they bring it back it probably wouldn't be for another 4-5 years.

OP
OP
chsapeak

chsapeak

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Diesel Rubicon Stingray
I was thinking the same thing about increased trade in value. Not the case.... Just left the dealership yesterday and got flat out Gladiator Rubicon trade in value $50K even. They dropped the $66K sticker on the new one to $64. I mentioned the rarity of the color and they said that's never factored in.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah Gator was a great color. Love mine

Jeep Gladiator Bring back Gator PXL_20210328_233737820.PORTRAIT~2

• Love
Reactions: mog

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I was thinking the same thing about increased trade in value. Not the case.... Just left the dealership yesterday and got flat out Gladiator Rubicon trade in value $50K even. They dropped the $66K sticker on the new one to $64. I mentioned the rarity of the color and they said that's never factored in.
Yep I wouldn't expect extra value on a trade. Maybe a private sale with a very interested buyer but that's about it.

Anyway, I love mine and I hope the color isn't back out until 2028 or after because that's when I'll be ready to trade. Sorry to rain on the parade!

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Yeah color is never a factor in trade in value. You have to find a private buyer who really loves and wants that color if you expect to get a premium.

Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I waited & waited for the diesel to be available, then when it was they dropped BOTH my #1 & #2 colors, and I am Still waiting for a color like Gator or Gobi. Sting grey is nice but I am sick of ‘500 shades of grey’.
PS: the next time they make Gator, JT’s will be all-electric.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
Jeep has a history of canceling colors and it taking years to ever come back. It's not like Gator or Gobi were unpopular and stacking up on dealer lots.

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
i was in the same situation, wanted gobi, I didn't know about gator(2020 colors) and wanted diesel (only 2021 models) I went with black to be neutral if I decide to wrap it. You will not see color change in the door sills and panel gaps

Fundamental Jeepster

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
retired
Here's a picture of my 1976 CJ-7. It was called Sand/Tan. Had a 304 CI engine with a 3 speed manual. Would go anywhere. I have found through my experiences, color only matters on something special. Unless they only paint one of a certain color on a Gladiator, you're lucky to have gotten the color you wanted and it won't matter on value. Gobi 👍
Jeep Gladiator Bring back Gator 76 jee

mog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubicon, '09 C4500 Kodiak
Occupation
Kodiak Buckaroo
Agreed, Gator and Gobi were awesome!
I had to settle for Stinggray, but I am thinking about doing a two-tone paint job to get 'some' Gobi?
Ya, that is how much I like those colors.
Jeep Gladiator Bring back Gator twotone-matched
Sponsored