Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Chocolate Brownie Quality Inspector
Hesitant about making this thread since it's evidence of how much I've spend/plan to spend on the Jeep :). But it seem logical since I would like to keep track of everything and post pictures along.

I was REALLY holding out for the diesel version but it seems that its going to be a long while before it comes out. I was keeping tabs on the price locally and noticed that they had great incentives and maybe since I've bought several vehicles from there I would get a sweet deal.

Sticker Price was $43k after everything was set and done I ended up paying $38 Flat with free bed liner, Tint and Slush Mats. Felt like a good deal and the local Credit Union was offering a 1% so I took it.

This will be my daily driver so mods are going to be minimal with some off road ability in the mix. We got mud and sand locally so no real worries about major articulation or armor.

Jeep Gladiator Broke Owner's Club - Blue Hydro Sport S 61119475549__0955805E-930B-4ABD-91C0-81FC656B1E21.JPG

I got 2 small kids that rob me of all my money so the process will be slow :CWL:

So far planned:

Rubicon Take off suspension (Fox Shocks, Firmer Ride)
Teraflex 1.5 Inch Leveling Kit (very much dislike the rake)
Tazer Mini (lite or maybe the mini)
Kenda Klever 35's (still dont know if 12.50 or 10.50)
Quadratec '41 wheels, really like a stockish looking wheel (Wife says black, I say Gun Metal still up in the air)
Rough Country Contoured Steps (A must since wife is vertically challenge)

Maybe if I become Un-Broke

Uconnect 8.4
Rubicon Bumper
OEM LED all around
Hauk "Gladiator" Tailgate

Really happy with my gladiator and the whole family loves riding in it. Looking forward to many years of fun! :like:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Broke Owner

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Ok,

So I managed to make some damage in the past few days.

I got a Rubicon suspension with shocks coming my way (got it from another member here) its complete but it seems that I might only use the springs and the shocks. I was thinking about spraying the springs in silver to give it a little pop underneath.

I also got a set of Quadratec 41' wheels in the gun metal color (killer deal :rock:), wife wanted black but I'm really tired of the blackout look. These are replicas of the 75th anniversary wheel set but a little wider and less back space (+10mm), this will maintain the stock look while allowing me to run bigger tires without having to add a wheel spacer.

Jeep Gladiator Broke Owner's Club - Blue Hydro Sport S wheel 41

Honestly if I had a little more $ I would of totally bought the Fuel Beast wheel, love the subtle dark gold color it gives off (I've always been a fan of the Subi WRX Blue and Gold look)

Jeep Gladiator Broke Owner's Club - Blue Hydro Sport S beast

But those would have taken all the budget I set aside.

Up next on the list will be the Tazer (in preparation of the larger wheels and future mods), Teraflex 1.5 level kit (Not interested in lifting it more just want to get rid of the rake) and finally the Kenda Klevers in a 35x12.50x17 size (was not supper sure until I saw that with the new wheelset its only going to stick out 1.75 inches)

So far everything is working out, going to set aside a bit more next month to get everything situated and installed at the same time.

Don't forget to tune in next time, same Bat time, same Bat Channel.

Sandia

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Ok,

So I managed to make some damage in the past few days.

I got a Rubicon suspension with shocks coming my way (got it from another member here) its complete but it seems that I might only use the springs and the shocks. I was thinking about spraying the springs in silver to give it a little pop underneath.

I also got a set of Quadratec 41' wheels in the gun metal color (killer deal :rock:), wife wanted black but I'm really tired of the blackout look. These are replicas of the 75th anniversary wheel set but a little wider and less back space (+10mm), this will maintain the stock look while allowing me to run bigger tires without having to add a wheel spacer.

Honestly if I had a little more $ I would of totally bought the Fuel Beast wheel, love the subtle dark gold color it gives off (I've always been a fan of the Subi WRX Blue and Gold look)

But those would have taken all the budget I set aside.

Up next on the list will be the Tazer (in preparation of the larger wheels and future mods), Teraflex 1.5 level kit (Not interested in lifting it more just want to get rid of the rake) and finally the Kenda Klevers in a 35x12.50x17 size (was not supper sure until I saw that with the new wheelset its only going to stick out 1.75 inches)

So far everything is working out, going to set aside a bit more next month to get everything situated and installed at the same time.

Don't forget to tune in next time, same Bat time, same Bat Channel.
I used the terraflex 1.5 inch leveling kit and it rattles like hell, very annoying on a bumpy road. Called Terraflex and they told me they would get with the R&D department and have them call me. Never heard another word.

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
F the budget. Get the Fuels. Think about it this way - if the jeep was another $1500 but had the fuels, you would have jumped on it. Those wheels would look sick with that paint, you have a good eye.

Live the dream man. Life is too short.

OP
OP
Broke Owner

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I used the terraflex 1.5 inch leveling kit and it rattles like hell, very annoying on a bumpy road. Called Terraflex and they told me they would get with the R&D department and have them call me. Never heard another word.

I hadn't heard about problems with the Teraflex pucks, are you using both? I was planning to do just the 1 inch one.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Broke Owner

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
F the budget. Get the Fuels. Think about it this way - if the jeep was another $1500 but had the fuels, you would have jumped on it. Those wheels would look sick with that paint, you have a good eye.

Live the dream man. Life is too short.

Wise words Silvetruck! Definitely something to think about!

Sandia

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I hadn't heard about problems with the Teraflex pucks, are you using both? I was planning to do just the 1 inch one.
I used both pucks, total 1 and 1/2". Think about this, when you install the factory springs, there is a spring cushion which goes up into the spring tower first, then the spring. When you install the lift kit you remove the springs and then the spring cushions, install the spacers which have two pegs on the perimeter of each spacer. The 1/2" spacer goes first and indexes into corresponding slots in spring tower, you then in stall the 1" spacer which indexes into the preceeding 1/2" spacer, you then install the spring cushion after the 1" spacer and the spring following that. Now , you have the spring cushion on the bottom of the spacers and nothing to absorb the spacers impact with the spring tower when driving, it is hard plastic against metal, no cushion to absorb the energy. Hope this kind of explains it.
Teraflex told me I installed it incorrectly. NO they were installed correctly, just a bad design.

OP
OP
Broke Owner

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I used both pucks, total 1 and 1/2". Think about this, when you install the factory springs, there is a spring cushion which goes up into the spring tower first, then the spring. When you install the lift kit you remove the springs and then the spring cushions, install the spacers which have two pegs on the perimeter of each spacer. The 1/2" spacer goes first and indexes into corresponding slots in spring tower, you then in stall the 1" spacer which indexes into the preceeding 1/2" spacer, you then install the spring cushion after the 1" spacer and the spring following that. Now , you have the spring cushion on the bottom of the spacers and nothing to absorb the spacers impact with the spring tower when driving, it is hard plastic against metal, no cushion to absorb the energy. Hope this kind of explains it.
Teraflex told me I installed it incorrectly. NO they were installed correctly, just a bad design.

Ok, I saw a few install videos and I can see what your talking about. With that new information I think I'm going to use the daystar 1.5 instead. It's a single piece construction and they even include shock extenders for $10 less. Seems plenty of people are using then in the rear and I didnt see anyone complain about rattling.

Thanks for the info Sandia :like:

Deleted member 24880

I have had zero issues with my TerraFlex. Used both spacers and the OEM rubber piece. Not heard anyone else having rattling issues prior to this post. Only reason I would take mine off was to add a bigger lift which I am actively trying NOT to do so momma doesn’t get pissed! LOL

OP
OP
Broke Owner

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
So,

Everything was going smooth as I started to accumulate boxes in the garage for near future installation. BUT I've put a stop on everything since I noticed some oil on the inside of the front right wheel, upon further inspection it seems that the seal behind the wheel has sprung a leak. Bummer since the jeep only has 1.5K miles.

Contacted someone from service at the dealership and I have an early-ass appointment on Monday to see whats going on. Thankfully I had not messed with anything yet since I'm still waiting on parts....

To be continued.....

Sponsored

OP
OP
Broke Owner

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Long week for sure,

Monday (early morning) Problem located needed to order parts, no problem.. I guess

Tuesday (early morning) disassemble the front right wheel/steering knuckle .... Tech realized he ordered the wrong side :headbang: got send home on a rental

Wednesday Picked up and ready to roll! :like:

Plans for this weekend: Rubicon Suspension with 1.5 teraflex in the front (finally decided)

Will Update on how much height I get from it.

OP
OP
Broke Owner

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Busy weekend for sure!!

I got to work on my Rubicon takeoff suspension, the Teraflex 1.5 inch leveling kit and the Fox TS Steering Stabilizer. It was a straight forward install and I wont bore you with small details but I do have some pointers.

I chose the teraflex for the flexibility of either 1 or 1.5 inches of lift depending on taste, I ended up using the full 1.5 inch to achieve the stance that I wanted. I ended pretty even with a .25 rake, If I wanted to I could add the .75 rear spacer but I ended liking it like this better, I measure both ways from the fenders and from the lower body line and everything was consistent.

Jeep Gladiator Broke Owner's Club - Blue Hydro Sport S 1594695196556

(This was taken a few days later with a small teaser that happened will happen later this week)

The interesting part of the install was the drivers side front spring, I thought Iwas done and had the jeep back on the floor when I noticed the spring was bowing out towards the tire, Crap! :headbang:

I put the jeep back on stands and tried to figure out what happened, I started to compare everything I had and to go over everything I had done up to them. When I purchase the suspension I got everything including the bottom spring spacer and I compared them and the driver side was different from the stock one I had.

Jeep Gladiator Broke Owner's Club - Blue Hydro Sport S 1594695491840

If you noticed the top part the spacing and lift of the spring is different and they also had different part numbers.

Jeep Gladiator Broke Owner's Club - Blue Hydro Sport S 1594695552593
Jeep Gladiator Broke Owner's Club - Blue Hydro Sport S 1594695593030

So I said what the hell and swapped them out, that was just enough to make the difference for the spring to sit correctly. Very happy after that! definitely took a well deserved Beer break and I high five myself :CWL:
After that small set back everything else was smooth, finished all 4 sides and torque everything down. Moved over the the Fox TS Stab and that was also very simple and smooth install.

First Driving impressions: Awesome! :like:

It feels firm but good almost like more assertive, very nice. the only upgrade I did not feel entirely was the Fox Stab, almost feels like I didnt change out the stock stab. Dont know if maybe its just me or that all the reviews set the bar too high for me,, but its done so I'll move on.

This is definitely a 2 person job, kinda crazy that I did it by myself with somewhat limited tools. I would recommend 3 Ton stands, a decent Torque wrench (I rented one), more like a 12 pack :CWL: and a lot of patience, but at least this jeep is brand new and I didnt have to battle rust like on my old TJ (WD40 was my best friend then)

For now I'll enjoy it and save up for some more upgrades!

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2013 F150 FX4, Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
MRI tech
Well, lets see the tires on that thing! How much lift did you net out of that?

OP
OP
Broke Owner

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
thanks for the reminder!

I got the usual height with Rubi suspension upgrade. About an inch up front and like 1/4 in the back. With the teraflex spacer upfront I ended up pretty even front to back.

Jeep Gladiator Broke Owner's Club - Blue Hydro Sport S 9454C5A6-56D6-431E-85E2-8D1FDA1E199E

the federal tires worked out awesome and give it a tough look. Definitely consider these on your next build.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I was thinking everyone said the isolaters were the same for all models?
Sponsored