Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Imbuere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The Ursa Minor looks very well thought out. How do you like it?
Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 7.19.39 AM.png
I’ve got a lot of thoughts about the product and platform. Happy to go into specifics if you have questions.

Long story short: the product itself is great. I find it really high quality and some people have given them TONS of use. That said, the 2” (and very recently available 3” upgrade) mattress is shit for a princess like me. I’ve had to toss it for a self inflating pad that sleeps like a dream and doesn’t add too much setup time. It would be ice if it were designed to accommodate modern electrics a bit better. Wiring Solar is not easy and the factory wiring is so small that it seems like a cheap cost saving step on an extremely expensive product. it would have cost like $10 more to use 10awg instead of the 16-18 (not sure, it’s just super tiny)awg.

Community: what community? It would be so simple to bring people together and add community support and events… instead we just have a Facebook group. The owners are all great, but it’d be so little effort to really create a user community that would add real value to the product.

Platform: My home is on my insanely capable vehicle. Sure there are sacrifices compared to a van, but also a lot of benefits. My favourite trips I’ve done in the J30 would not be possible in a van.

For 1 person it’s luxurious, for 2 people it gets cramped. Not a fault of the J30, but really the size of the jeep. Again, it’s a trade off that I’m happy with because it can go just about anywhere I’d want to go.

All this and I still get 19-21 mpg on the highway at 65mph (about as fast as I like to take the jeep).

I’m about to start a 4-5 month solo road trip with it and can’t really think of a better platform for how I like to travel.

TotallyReasonable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JT Willys
What a cool build! Whats the standing room height in the camper when hanging out in the "living room"?

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator, '93 Landcruiser, '77 CJ, '88 Bronco
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
What a cool build! Whats the standing room height in the camper when hanging out in the "living room"?
It's 8ft tall inside, with the bed up. There's also seating room for 4 people, not counting the Jeeps seats. Not sure I would camp with 4 people but they could hang out inside if it's raining.

Jeep Gladiator Build Thread - Mules Fiberglass Gladiator Camper DIY IMG_7683.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Build Thread - Mules Fiberglass Gladiator Camper DIY 1C4F2D49-39D3-4DEA-AC79-986B94F41F73
Jeep Gladiator Build Thread - Mules Fiberglass Gladiator Camper DIY 73137D08-3E4A-4FE8-9D3D-086BDA9CE85D

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My sink is looking pretty lonely on the counter. Do I get a propane stove or induction stove to cook inside?

Jeep Gladiator Build Thread - Mules Fiberglass Gladiator Camper DIY IMG_7686.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The layout is very flexible. Sometimes I put the fridge/freezer in the back and sometimes I put it in the front.

Jeep Gladiator Build Thread - Mules Fiberglass Gladiator Camper DIY IMG_7790.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Build Thread - Mules Fiberglass Gladiator Camper DIY IMG_7792.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Build Thread - Mules Fiberglass Gladiator Camper DIY IMG_7256.JPG

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I stopped by a friend's fiberglass shop to get quotes on fiberglass molds to build version 2 of my camper. I'll keep everyone informed if I decide to move forward with production.

I still have a lot to do in order to put together a business plan, but I was wondering what this forum thought about a $14,000 retail price for the camper with pop up and upper bed in Jeep Hardtop Black. Color matched, furniture, and shipping would be extra.

I would need to make a reasonable volume to get the price this low.

img_6963-jpg.jpg

img_6945-jpg.jpg

img_7012-jpg.jpg

img_7826-jpg.jpg

Riviera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, 2022 JT Willys
I still have a lot to do in order to put together a business plan, but I was wondering what this forum thought about a $14,000 retail price for the camper with pop up and upper bed in Jeep Hardtop Black. Color matched, furniture, and shipping would be extra.

I would need to make a reasonable volume to get the price this low.

[/Q
I would bet that at $14k, you'd have more business than you could handle. When you look at lead times from Ursa and others, I think the business is there. Just make sure you're not doing it too cheap.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Trying out my Road Pro 12v skillet (plugs in the truck's cigarette lighter) to warm up some chili for lunch.

Jeep Gladiator Build Thread - Mules Fiberglass Gladiator Camper DIY IMG_7864.JPG

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Trying out my Road Pro 12v skillet (plugs in the truck's cigarette lighter) to warm up some chili for lunch.

Jeep Gladiator Build Thread - Mules Fiberglass Gladiator Camper DIY IMG_7864.JPG
How well did it work, how long to heat it up?

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
How well did it work, how long to heat it up?
It’s slow but no need for propane or another power supply. Click on my build link below. I posted a bunch of info about the 12v Road Pro and other low wattage cooking appliances.
Jeep Gladiator Build Thread - Mules Fiberglass Gladiator Camper DIY EFFF2850-BFFF-4FA2-8770-7700F2DDF6D0

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
It’s slow but no need for propane or another power supply. Click on my build link below. I posted a bunch of info about the 12v Road Pro and other low wattage cooking appliances.
Jeep Gladiator Build Thread - Mules Fiberglass Gladiator Camper DIY EFFF2850-BFFF-4FA2-8770-7700F2DDF6D0
I've seen your thread and comparison of the cook items, was just wondering about the time it took to heat the chili.

OP
OP
Mules

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen your thread and comparison of the cook items, was just wondering about the time it took to heat the chili.
I didn't time it, but I'm guessing 15-20 minutes.
Sponsored