BUMPERS!

Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I know some of us are searching hard for the perfect bumper replacement....Could we start a thread of all the bumpers out there that you have personally installed on your gladiator?? Please share a picture labelled sport or rubicon and whether the stock fog lights fit the bumper or not. Thanks!!
Sponsored

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
I agree threads like that make it easy. I referenced the hubcentric wheels thread to help pick wheels. There might be one on the JL side that you could get a head start with.

sbetts

First Name
SB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray Rubicon
I agree threads like that make it easy. I referenced the hubcentric wheels thread to help pick wheels. There might be one on the JL side that you could get a head start with.
I also referenced the hubcentric thread! Very useful

I would love to see a thread with various bumpers!

Sponsored

Otaypankey

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver JTR, 2015 Mercedes Benz E550 Cabriolet, 2020 BMW R1250 RT
I know some of us are searching hard for the perfect bumper replacement....Could we start a thread of all the bumpers out there that you have personally installed on your gladiator?? Please share a picture labelled sport or rubicon and whether the stock fog lights fit the bumper or not. Thanks!!
Warn stubby. OEM Fog lights did not fit. Rubicon

17C800D2-46BA-4EA0-BF2A-8FA3C82AADBB.jpeg

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
What an awesome idea and it's not like there's already a thread about it https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/front-bumper-replacement.16076/

Doesn't matter because a few days from now someone won't see OP's thread and post a new thread called 'MEGA-BUMPER THREAD!!!!!! POST YOURS!!!!!' which will get 20 pages then a year from now someone else will post a new thread called 'Show me your bumper'. It's like how many times a week does someone post a thread asking about a lift kit or biggest tires on stock rims? At least on the Wrangler forums they had posts like this stickied at the top but there were still people who totally ignored them and tried to post their own threads. Nice to see the mods are actually moving threads out of General and putting them where they should be.

Last edited:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow - Firecracker Red
Our newly designed Dagger Stubby and Defender Mid-Width work with factory driving lights (non-steel bumper lights only.)
  • CNC cut and formed from 3/16" steel.
  • Available in bare metal or black textured powdercoat.
  • Includes (2) 3/4" thick shackle tabs.
  • Winch-ready using the market standard 10" x 4.5" bottom foot mounting profile.
  • Compatible with the Warn Zeon and Warn PowerplantÂą winches as well as most other standard winches.
  • Bolt-on pre-runner or stinger hoop options.
  • Accepts factory round fog lights.²
  • Easy bolt-on installation.
  • Includes mounting hardware.
  • Includes JcrOffroad sticker.
  • Hand-built in the USA.
  • Free shipping to the lower 48!

Âą Without tubework installed. A new driver offset hole pattern for the winch will need to be drilled for the Powerplant and either of our tubing options.
    ² Compatible with non "steel bumper group" lights only. JL/JT Sport models will need to purchase (2) lights brackets, Mopar part #68298651AA, sold separately.
Dagger Stubby: https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JSFD.html
JSFD-T_7.jpg

Defender Mid-Width: https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JSFF.html
JSFF_2.jpg

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
I have a Roam front which has a great approach angle but is a bit of a pain to mount a winch in(You can forget about any of the larger Warn units).
I will likely be changing to the JCR Dagger or Mauler in the very near future
Roam Front.jpg

Sponsored

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
I have a Roam front which has a great approach angle but is a bit of a pain to mount a winch in(You can forget about any of the larger Warn units).
I will likely be changing to the JCR Dagger or Mauler in the very near future
Roam Front.jpg
This one looks great!

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
One other question ....I really like the oem steel rubi bumper but these are probably way cheaper aren't they? And look just as great! Not to mention getting ahold of one ain't easy right now correct?

NewJeepGuy_M

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Chevrolet Camaro LS
One other question ....I really like the oem steel rubi bumper but these are probably way cheaper aren't they? And look just as great! Not to mention getting ahold of one ain't easy right now correct?
The Mopar Steel Front Bumper can add up really quick. Especially if you add on the skid plate, winch plate, and grill guard (if desired). Here's a post from another thread covering the different things you need for the OEM Steel Front bumper:

Thread: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-s-updated-now-with-happy-ending.19328/page-6

I ordered my Rubi with the PPOS bumper and the dealer installed a 3-piece steel bumper that they ordered separately from Mopar. Listed below are all of the parts that were eventually needed. The Service Manager at the dealership had initially insisted that all we needed was the 3-piece steel bumper assembly (Part # 8221512AB), despite the questions I asked based on what I'd been reading on this very same forum thread. I even called and sent an email to Jeep Customer Care to confirm whether or not any additional parts were needed, and they advised me that my dealership had provided me with the correct info. As it turns out, they were all wrong. We did need to order a few more parts in addition to the actual bumper assembly. They are listed below.

1 x 8221512AB - 3-piece Steel Front Bumper
1 x 68293984AB - Skid Plate - Front
7 x 6512587AA - Screw
1 x 6BU43RXFAB - Closeout Panel
1 x 68295610AA - Plate Kit (ONLY if your state requires a front license plate - mine does)

Hope this helps someone!
A lot of the aftermarket bumpers are similar quality if not even better. And at a more reasonable price too... But I haven't really done an experiment of smashing different bumpers to determine which takes the cake on best quality/durability so that's just my opinion.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Hanson JK Stubby Fenderbar. I used the wiring harness from the JT, but the fogs are actually from a JK. The bulbs are the same. I didn’t look at the JT fogs enough to tell if they mounted the same.

C59498C7-8DEC-4898-AA6C-FD9BE79AAA03.png

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
jsfd-t_7-jpg.jpg

That is super clean, great lines! I have JCR front and rear of JK. This time i tried Poison Spider. Test fitted it with winch and lights. Don't mind the mallet marks...
The skid plate did not come with hardware or instructions, but must be installed prior to the bumper going on. So I put it on real quick the other day without the skid. i went and grabbed the hardware today and need to pull it and finish installing it. Poison Spyder unfortunately doesn't ship out hardware kits, but instead asked that I return it and repurchase which seemed odd. 4WD Hardware, 4wd.com is where I ordered everything and they were awesome. I told them it was fine, I would just keep it and grab the hardware myself, not a big deal really. They then credited my card to cover it and then some! Too generous!. Anyhow, I also ordered some piaa fog lights to mount up. Ill post some more pics when it is up and running. The next couple days are nice out and the kids are home, so hard to justify the time. We spent the day out of cell range on backroads and trails today. Didn't get anywhere too crazy (sans running winch!), but enough that we were scraping belly.
Sponsored

Attachments