First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Glatiator Rubicon
Occupation
Programmer
Thanks for the reply. I think I'm ready to go!
Sponsored

OP
OP
bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Thanks for the reply. I think I'm ready to go!
So to spare yourself the misery that I engaged in, assemble the bumper and skid plate to the vehicle loosely at all points before snugging anything. I also had to loosen the frame to bumper mount at the end of the frame horn to make it all come together.

I was convinced I had the wrong brackets, I did not.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
ooooohhhh that kind of happy ending. not expecting that. congrats.

Gladiator Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JTR
Not having great experience with BAM wholesale. They do ok and they respond to emails promptly, but once they left my bolts out of my order and secondly they shipped me the plastic closeout panel instead of steel.

OP
OP
bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Not having great experience with BAM wholesale. They do ok and they respond to emails promptly, but once they left my bolts out of my order and secondly they shipped me the plastic closeout panel instead of steel.
There is only a plastic close out panel. The one marked "steel" means it is FOR a steel bumper, not made of steel.

I ordered 5 bolts and they shipped 4 that they had in stock, then another separately. They have reasonable service and good prices, I'm not pimping them, but they have been good to me and had the best price on the bumper by far.

As always caveat emptor

Sponsored

Gladiator Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JTR
There is only a plastic close out panel. The one marked "steel" means it is FOR a steel bumper, not made of steel.

I ordered 5 bolts and they shipped 4 that they had in stock, then another separately. They have reasonable service and good prices, I'm not pimping them, but they have been good to me and had the best price on the bumper by far.

As always caveat emptor
Yeah for sure they have the best price on the bumper.

Thanks for clarifying. It definitely is not clear regarding the material; website seems to imply it is steel.

Now as soon as I get my bolts I can finally install.

OP
OP
bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Yeah for sure they have the best price on the bumper.

Thanks for clarifying. It definitely is not clear regarding the material; website seems to imply it is steel.

Now as soon as I get my bolts I can finally install.
If I'm remembering right everything in that parts subsection had the "steel" note by it. Regardless, there is no steel close out panel for that spot that I can find

USMC1802

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon
I ordered my Rubi with the PPOS bumper and the dealer installed a 3-piece steel bumper that they ordered separately from Mopar. Listed below are all of the parts that were eventually needed. The Service Manager at the dealership had initially insisted that all we needed was the 3-piece steel bumper assembly (Part # 8221512AB), despite the questions I asked based on what I'd been reading on this very same forum thread. I even called and sent an email to Jeep Customer Care to confirm whether or not any additional parts were needed, and they advised me that my dealership had provided me with the correct info. As it turns out, they were all wrong. We did need to order a few more parts in addition to the actual bumper assembly. They are listed below.

1 x 8221512AB - 3-piece Steel Front Bumper
1 x 68293984AB - Skid Plate - Front
7 x 6512587AA - Screw
1 x 6BU43RXFAB - Closeout Panel
1 x 68295610AA - Plate Kit (ONLY if your state requires a front license plate - mine does)

Hope this helps someone!

Last edited:
OP
OP
bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I ordered my Rubi with the PPOS bumper and the dealer installed a 3-piece steel bumper that they ordered separately from Mopar. Listed below are all of the parts that were eventually needed. The Service Manager at the dealership had initially insisted that all we needed was the 3-piece steel bumper assembly (Part # 8221512AB), despite the questions I asked based on what I'd been reading on this very same forum thread. I even called and sent an email to Jeep Customer Care to confirm whether or not any additional parts were needed, and they advised me that my dealership had provided me with the correct info. As it turns out, they were all wrong. We did need to order a few more parts in addition to the actual bumper assembly. They are listed below.

1 x 8221512AB - 3-piece Steel Front Bumper
1 x 68293984AB - Skid Plate - Front
7 x 6512587AA - Screw
1 x 6BU43RXFAB - Closeout Panel
1 x 68295610AA - Plate Kit (ONLY if your state requires a front license plate - mine does)

Hope this helps someone!
That's good, this has been like an odyssey for me.
I wonder what they did with the two extra screws?

USMC1802

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon
That's good, this has been like an odyssey for me.
I wonder what they did with the two extra screws?
No idea, maybe they ordered a couple of extra “just in case”? Who knows... but it looks great and appears to be mounted exactly the same as several Wranglers on the lot with factory installed steel bumpers.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
No idea, maybe they ordered a couple of extra “just in case”? Who knows... but it looks great and appears to be mounted exactly the same as several Wranglers on the lot with factory installed steel bumpers.
They're incredibly solid and protective when installed correctly. I had one on my JKRHR which is why I wanted one on the JT.

kvincent

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Glatiator Rubicon
Occupation
Programmer
Ordered from BAM on Wednesday (08/21), but got an email saying some parts may be delayed. Turns out it was the bumper! Then got an email this morning with a tracking number for everything including the bumper. Looking good, so far.

USMC1802

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon
Ordered from BAM on Wednesday (08/21), but got an email saying some parts may be delayed. Turns out it was the bumper! Then got an email this morning with a tracking number for everything including the bumper. Looking good, so far.
Good luck, I hope everything arrives soon!

StingyJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
For anyone looking to order from BAM, I just used coupon code 'save5'