First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Occupation
Consultant
https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-...umper-overrider-jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt

Liking the Rugged Ridge Arcus. Haven’t put the overrider bar on it but it’s the same price with or without it, so I figured I’d keep the option. Works great as it is with the trail cam, I can see the hooks and just enough of the bumper to see where it’s at.

Edit: I’m running the oem plastic rubicon bumper’s LED fog lights in this, the steel bumper’s LED fog lights wouldn’t have fit. It did include instructions for overland and sport fog lights as well.

Took a couple hours to install along with the winch, didn’t need any help but a second set of hands would have been nice. Make sure you put the fairlead in before the winch, it doesn’t tell you to and it’s a pain to get the bolts in after.
Also installed Quadratec’s skid plate and it all fit fine with it.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/aluminum-modular-front-sway-bar-skid-plate-jeep-wrangler-jl

286721EB-0BA9-46D3-BD85-9D757DA7DAF1.jpeg
8BFFB5D5-B4D5-4CDD-B004-B0E12AF07C5D.jpeg
4159EA94-7FE0-4713-8D38-6AABB79645FD.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

KentuckyCatFan

First Name
Nina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Hydro Blue Overland
I know some of us are searching hard for the perfect bumper replacement....Could we start a thread of all the bumpers out there that you have personally installed on your gladiator?? Please share a picture labelled sport or rubicon and whether the stock fog lights fit the bumper or not. Thanks!!
Overland- fog lights work-
Warn elite full length steel with bar

40FE382B-B13D-475A-965A-DBE51199C9B4.jpeg

4339C262-9551-4392-9BEE-D7FA580FE9FD.jpeg

86BE07B4-CDAD-4A59-85AA-86950756277E.jpeg

JRW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator
has anyone weighed some of these bumpers?

I'm really leaning toward the Mopar Stubby or Rugged Ridge Arcus, just for the simpleness of the looks. I really don't want / need a winch and want something as light as possible. so right now the Mopar is winning unless I could figure out how to make a block off plate for the Arcus.

Zacfrac

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Occupation
Consultant
has anyone weighed some of these bumpers?

I'm really leaning toward the Mopar Stubby or Rugged Ridge Arcus, just for the simpleness of the looks. I really don't want / need a winch and want something as light as possible. so right now the Mopar is winning unless I could figure out how to make a block off plate for the Arcus.
I think mopar stubby is a good option, Arcus would look strange without the winch in my opinion.

You can likely find a full steel takeoff for sale also, and just take the caps off to have it be stubby

I think the Arcus was like 70lbs

RalphyC

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I have a Roam front which has a great approach angle but is a bit of a pain to mount a winch in(You can forget about any of the larger Warn units).
I will likely be changing to the JCR Dagger or Mauler in the very near future
Roam Front.jpg
This looks so good. Can i ask a really dumb question. If I go with something like this do i have to lose my fog lights altogether? Am i better choosing something that has slots for the fogs?

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
This looks so good. Can i ask a really dumb question. If I go with something like this do i have to lose my fog lights altogether? Am i better choosing something that has slots for the fogs?
Thanks,

You can mount foglights to the top, but on that bumper with the recessed winch there would be no way to have them inside.
Here's the same bumper on my wife's a while back. We mounted two driving lights to the top, but you could do the same with foglights (not the factory)

DSC_1230~2.JPG

RalphyC

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Thanks,

You can mount foglights to the top, but on that bumper with the recessed winch there would be no way to have them inside.
Here's the same bumper on my wife's a while back. We mounted two driving lights to the top, but you could do the same with foglights (not the factory)

DSC_1230~2.JPG
Really helpful, thank you. Your wife drives a beast!!!

JRW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator
@Zacfrac wish I could find a Mopar local for a decent price, I'd jump all over it.

I can get Rugged Ridge and winches pretty cheap, probably less than a Mopar, but just don't want to add that much weight to the front. trying to keep it as light as possible, figuring around 150-175lbs minimum.

it looks like the Arcus and Mopar are within a couple of pounds of each other. 70-75lbs~ from what I've been able to find.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Hello, I bought my Jeep Gladiator Rubicon stick Shift from available dealer stock. It came with LED lights and a plastic front bumper. I ordered the factory steel bumper at the new car pricing from the dealer. Will the stock led fog lights that were installed in the plastic bumper fit in the stock rubicon steel bumper ? Thanks in advance for any info.

Zacfrac

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Occupation
Consultant
@Zacfrac wish I could find a Mopar local for a decent price, I'd jump all over it.

I can get Rugged Ridge and winches pretty cheap, probably less than a Mopar, but just don't want to add that much weight to the front. trying to keep it as light as possible, figuring around 150-175lbs minimum.

it looks like the Arcus and Mopar are within a couple of pounds of each other. 70-75lbs~CNN from what I've been able to find.
I want to say you’re looking at about 80lbs for a winch, so that and the Arcus put you within what you’re comfortable looking to add. This is my first time having one but I’ve had times on other trucks I wish it had been there. Mostly for moving downed trees after a storm in a somewhat controlled manner.

Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I want to say you’re looking at about 80lbs for a winch, so that and the Arcus put you within what you’re comfortable looking to add. This is my first time having one but I’ve had times on other trucks I wish it had been there. Mostly for moving downed trees after a storm in a somewhat controlled manner.
Synthetic line Winches are closer to 50. Steel cable is 20-25 lbs depending on MFG

BruiserTJ

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition & 1999 Jeep Wrangler TJ
That is super clean, great lines! I have JCR front and rear of JK. This time i tried Poison Spider. Test fitted it with winch and lights. Don't mind the mallet marks...
The skid plate did not come with hardware or instructions, but must be installed prior to the bumper going on. So I put it on real quick the other day without the skid. i went and grabbed the hardware today and need to pull it and finish installing it. Poison Spyder unfortunately doesn't ship out hardware kits, but instead asked that I return it and repurchase which seemed odd. 4WD Hardware, 4wd.com is where I ordered everything and they were awesome. I told them it was fine, I would just keep it and grab the hardware myself, not a big deal really. They then credited my card to cover it and then some! Too generous!. Anyhow, I also ordered some piaa fog lights to mount up. Ill post some more pics when it is up and running. The next couple days are nice out and the kids are home, so hard to justify the time. We spent the day out of cell range on backroads and trails today. Didn't get anywhere too crazy (sans running winch!), but enough that we were scraping belly.
I have been thinking about the Poison Spyder bumper for mine as well. How is the trail camera view with the hoop?

TallGuy

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
now: 2020 Gladiator then: 2003 TJ, 1994 Grand Cherokee, 1975 J10
@Zacfrac I like the looks and price point of the Arcus. Would you mind measuring the distance from the grill to the back side of the bumper face? I'll have to do some modification for my winch and wondering how much room there is to work with. thanks.
Sponsored