Sponsored

Buying on Marketplace with little to zero posts.

bbt82z

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland Diesel
Occupation
Machine/Welding Shop
I just picked up my JT, on Saturday. Love it!! I was looking for a Tazer Mini and found two people that were selling them on here. I sent one a PM stating I would like to buy it and got zero response. I put my phone number and email in the message (since I have zero posts on this forum) to show I was a real person. Am I missing something? I am sure most people check messages and new replies to their posts. This happened with both sellers.

Also, what do most people selling/buying prefer for money exchange? Paypal is what I have used forever.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I just picked up my JT, on Saturday. Love it!! I was looking for a Tazer Mini and found two people that were selling them on here. I sent one a PM stating I would like to buy it and got zero response. I put my phone number and email in the message (since I have zero posts on this forum) to show I was a real person. Am I missing something? I am sure most people check messages and new replies to their posts. This happened with both sellers.

Also, what do most people selling/buying prefer for money exchange? Paypal is what I have used forever.
Might want to look at when they were last active. Otherwise look at Facebook marketplace. PayPal or cash.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Yeah some people don't respond at all. I've personally had plenty of luck on here. Fog light, sway bar, tires, MOLLE panels for the bed, etc. Good luck. I use PayPal with most everyone.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Be aware when posting WTB. I had two scammers who jump in to reply with photos of what I was requesting. It's a scam. I got taken the first time but caught on the second. Ask the right questions and look for long term profiles. The scammers will delete their profile quickly once they know your on to them.

OP
OP
bbt82z

bbt82z

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland Diesel
Occupation
Machine/Welding Shop
Both of these are in the for sale section. I have never been terribly confident with WTB ads.
Thank you for the advice.

Sponsored

Thecuse

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport
Occupation
Military
Sorry I check the forum periodically, I dm you.

Thecuse

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport
Occupation
Military
Wish there was an app for this forum, makes notifications a lot easier to be known.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Tits McGee

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JT Mojave
Occupation
slave
Just want to bump this for awareness. I think I also just was hit with a scammer. Did not go through with it. thank God. I have a wtb add for a dual battery mount.

Here's my last message to them

Hey. I messaged (forum member name removed) on Gladiator forum to due my "due diligence" and the guy messaged me back and knows nothing about this. And the fellow that sent me the info about you has deleted the original message and not on the forum.

The guy did not want to use pay pal due to "issues" and suggested a thing I never heard of. Then wanted me to just pay shipping and pay on delivery.

Sounded fishy so do your home work.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
There's been a few scammers in the forum members sale, I contacted one back in past that got flaky on meeting and payment. The scammer disappeared when I had said I have friends in that area to do a meeting.

The forum member, I got a front axle parts from has sold his JT so not active here.
Part 2 as a person who posted "seat jacker" for sale that has got unreasonable offers for it.... I'd rather throw it in the trash than it or pass on to someone I know for nothing.
Years back I got asked what I was doing with the OEM side steps and console out of my LJ by someone who I thought i knew. His TJ console was trashed and his wife had trouble getting in and out of their TJ. So I gave it to him not selling it. The next time I was in Ocala FL. I was informed that he sold them and showed his posting for sale. That Guy had been doing it few people.
Sponsored