Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2020 with about 21K miles on it now. Zero issues other than I'm on my second windshield. I do off road it but it's also my daily driver.

Jeep Gladiator Zero Issues with Gladiator? Gladiator112720-0192654-Edit
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
They are tossing supply chain issues in there? What's that got to do with it? You either have the parts or you do not. You schedule the build because you have the parts, or you delay the build because you do not. That won't impact quality - so you wait for a part!

The issue is the people, COVID causing staffing issues, people quitting ("the great quit"), shortages of workers due to the extremely high consumer demand (because of tons of cash flowing).
They didn't talk to researches on that article, they talked to spokes people. Journalists would have dug, not simply said oh, it must be the supply chain.
It's a people problem, worker problem. Can't build a vehicle if you don't have parts - so there's no quality issue there.
GM got around some of it by knocking out certain options or giving buyers a few pennies back if their vehicle was lacking some feature due to a semiconductor shortage.

My own order was delayed for quite a while due to shortages. How it's built, the quality depends on the people there who put it together once the parts were there.

People issue, not supply chain.
Supply chain delays things or causes quantity issues or production delays.
Lack of trained, qualified people result in quality issue.

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
I'll jump in.

14,000 miles on mine. It had the axle seal leak early on. Since then no issues.

If I keep this beyond the 3 yr 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty I'll probably spend the money on an extended warranty.

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
Just a Bluetooth audio out issue ( on going). 12k and no other issues. Not the smoothest v6, but I wouldn't call it rough either. No tap or tic noises to be heard. My wife would tell me for sure if there was any noise.

Sponsored

CJXJJT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
51 CJ3A, 71 CJ5, 72 CJ6, 93 XJ, 21 JT
Occupation
Machinist
Zero issues, 11,000 miles.

Fastwake

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Bought June 9th 2020 18,000 miles not one issue

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
A few hiccups early on (‘22 JTR w/~3,000 miles…issue happened around 1,000 miles). Could not get the code(s) to store, so didn’t bother taking it to the dealer.

My two cents…If you’re planning on keeping it long-term…get an extended warranty. I’ll get one at some point. Busy pissing money away on my house at the moment, so that will have to wait.

Last edited:

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
2021 Sport S, built 08/20, 43K miles, no powertrain issues (knock wood.) Mostly highway miles.
When I got close to 30K miles at about 18 months, I did buy an extended warranty; out to 75K miles/5 years.

Kevin

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Bought 2/28. Have 8,400 miles on it. Did a 4,300 mile round trip in 3 weeks with it. Just did 2 Black rated trails at Rausch Creek with it. Beat the shit out of it. Zero issues so far.

4S50

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Sportsman of Leisure
92,000 miles, much of it towing my 6k travel trailer around the mountains of the west and no issues. I decided to have Blackstone test the recent oil change and it still looks great, essentially the same as it did at 32,000 miles. The Blackstone tech wrote, “It’s really good to see this engine picking up right where it left off with the samples taken at 32,669miles; the consistent wear pattern makes it pretty clear that the heavy towing isn’t bothering this engine at all. No contaminants. Very nice!”
Sponsored