Calling All JT Owners with Bed Outlet: Need Your Help

nas4a

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S Diesel
Hi everyone, I’d like to know if someone has run in to my situation. I have a gladiator Mojave with the inverter and the outlet on the back seat, I ordered all the parts from the list above and everything went smooth until I took apart my dash and realized I don’t have a plug for the dash switch.
I JUST tried to install on my '22 JTSD and sadly had the same issue. I started with the dash portion of the install. Just took it all apart and no plug to be found. I too have the back seat outlet and the inverter is there.

Anyone find a work-around or is the harness hidden elsewhere?
Sponsored

nas4a

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S Diesel
I JUST tried to install on my '22 JTSD and sadly had the same issue. I started with the dash portion of the install. Just took it all apart and no plug to be found. I too have the back seat outlet and the inverter is there.

Anyone find a work-around or is the harness hidden elsewhere?
After further inspection - and reading another thread, it IS there...It's just not "easily accessible" or "right there" as some have said. To access it, I had to loosen the speaker box on the lower left dash, and pull the headlight harness out a bit more. If I shined a flash light deep into the dash, following the headlight wire, I saw the connector. A snip with some long scissors on some tape that held it to the harness, and a firm tug with some pliers released the connector and some length of the harness and I was able to connect it.

Working 100% as expected after I finished the rest of the install and activated via the Tazer. All things considered, a pretty easy upgrade once I figured out the wiring harness.