Sponsored

Can I buy an extension for this fog light connector?

The Yeti

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th anniversary
I'm looking to install an aftermarket winch bumper with fog lights preinstalled. I don't wamt to cut off the connector from the stock bumper but I want a plug and play connector to wire the aftermarket lights on the bumper to that plugs in to the frame side fog light harness on my 21' 80th Anniversary. So does anyone know the part # of the connector (bumper side that plugs in to frame side) or type it is? If I can attach this pic this is the connection I'm talking about the one on the passenger side you disconnect when removing the front bumper...

Screenshot_20230921_181035_Samsung Internet.jpg
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Chryslers connector repair info website is down as of this writing.

http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm

If it comes back up, you can make/model search for the connector ID "XY101A". Should list a repair kit part number that will include the connector and wire pigtails. Just make sure you are looking at the bumper side of the connection point.

OP
OP

The Yeti

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey right on. Awesome, thanks for the info and quick reply too. Much appreciated I'll check it out. I've been on Bezos site finding some cheap "fog light extension harnesses" but from the pic's it looks like maybe they are extensions for the light itself to the bumper plugs (assuming because they are sold in pairs ?) They are cheap quicl and easy but not sure if they are what Im after.
This was one of the ones I was looking at...
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0BSGQGNNX/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=ATPLQZ5WECUDK&psc=1

Sweetums

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJR, '21 JTDR, '00 VFR800, RSV4, '11 MTS 1200
If you get the male and female plugs you can wire and pin your own extension.

I usually cut the OE plug off with a decent amount of wire and splice in an extension - but I understand not wanting to cut into the OE wiring harness.

Sponsored

OP
OP

The Yeti

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats my plan. Just need to find the proper connectors to do it. Then I can unplug the after market bumper whenever I might need to remove it just like the stock and I can either sell the stock with wiring intact fir the next guy or keep it and reinstall plug in and go whenever I need to if I sell it get hassled front the dealers extended warranty etc. It would be simple to wire the bumpers lights to one wire then splice it in to the factory wire before the connector but if I could have a fa tory connector plug in to disconnect instead and switch it on with the fog light switch to keep it "stock" ish that's what Im after.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Thats my plan. Just need to find the proper connectors to do it. Then I can unplug the after market bumper whenever I might need to remove it just like the stock and I can either sell the stock with wiring intact fir the next guy or keep it and reinstall plug in and go whenever I need to if I sell it get hassled front the dealers extended warranty etc. It would be simple to wire the bumpers lights to one wire then splice it in to the factory wire before the connector but if I could have a fa tory connector plug in to disconnect instead and switch it on with the fog light switch to keep it "stock" ish that's what Im after.
Not sure what you want to spend, but you can buy the whole bumper harness for about 33 bucks plus shipping.

https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-front-fascia-wiring-68336460ad

Also keep in mind if your truck came with halogen fog lights and the new bumper has LEDs (sorry, didn't read the whole thread) you may need to change a setting to make things play together well.

OP
OP

The Yeti

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am in Canada so your pricing is waaay off from the way you Southern boys screw us once it crosses the border haha. No offense tsken thats why we tend to make our own custom works of art lol. Some better than others. I looked i. To buying another stock harness to cut up. But then I might as well wait till Inneed one instead of buying it and possibly never needing it. I see "fog light extensions" online and can't help but think why would you need one other than the frame to bumper extension for my purpose. From what I can tell they are for the bumper harness to light itself. Not sure why anyone would ever need that unless you remounting the stock light on the roof for some weird reason. And for the hallogen to LED deal, I'll give it a shot. If theres an issue (I'm assuming you must mean I might get a code pop up?, please lmk im guessing?) I have a blutooth scanner MX+... (I forget) that should be capable enough to run the jeep acanner app deal if I buy the subscription and the cord. I'm new to Jeeps but started reading a little bit. Is that what you meant?

Last edited:
OP
OP

The Yeti

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure what you want to spend, but you can buy the whole bumper harness for about 33 bucks plus shipping.

https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-front-fascia-wiring-68336460ad

Also keep in mind if your truck came with halogen fog lights and the new bumper has LEDs (sorry, didn't read the whole thread) you may need to change a setting to make things play together well.
I found that part # on a Mopar Canada site for not much more (haven't checked the shipping yet) it says does not fit my vehick but says it fits all Wranglers in similar models and years. Is it safe to assume the site fitment is inaccurate? I have an 80th anniversay with the plastic bumper too duno if that maoes a difference.
Can you just modify or cut the factory connectors on the foglight ends instead?

Try here. They should have what you needs.

https://www.corsa-technic.com/category.php?category_id=122
Ya again I could but dont want to cut uo the factory wiring. Thanks for the link though I check in to it to see what its got for me.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I found that part # on a Mopar Canada site for not much more (haven't checked the shipping yet) it says does not fit my vehick but says it fits all Wranglers in similar models and years. Is it safe to assume the site fitment is inaccurate? I have an 80th anniversay with the plastic bumper too duno if that maoes a difference.

Ya again I could but dont want to cut uo the factory wiring. Thanks for the link though I check in to it to see what its got for me.
The link and part number I included was for the harness used with the MOPAR Rubicon-style steel bumper. The wire anchors or clips are spaced specifically for the steel bumper's holes.
I was thinking you could use the connector from that and part of the wiring harness.
In other words, buy a harness, and take it apart for the parts you want.
If you bought just the connectors and pins you'd have to crimp and so on.
this would cost a little bit more but the result would be a "pigtail" - connector to plug into the frame mounted connector with some wires to run forward to your new bumper.

OP
OP

The Yeti

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The link and part number I included was for the harness used with the MOPAR Rubicon-style steel bumper. The wire anchors or clips are spaced specifically for the steel bumper's holes.
I was thinking you could use the connector from that and part of the wiring harness.
In other words, buy a harness, and take it apart for the parts you want.
If you bought just the connectors and pins you'd have to crimp and so on.
this would cost a little bit more but the result would be a "pigtail" - connector to plug into the frame mounted connector with some wires to run forward to your new bumper.
Ya I gotchya. Knew what you meant just wasn't sure if the "does not fit" was the actually connectors or for some other reason. If the only difference is the spacing for the actual attaching it to the bumper then thats probably the cleanest option for sure which is what I'm looking for. Thanks for the reply, Im sure I'll think of more questions for ya shortly here haha. Much appreciated though.

OP
OP

The Yeti

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Next question already. Which wire is going to be for positive and which one for negative wire on the bumper side plug I would be using to wire up the bumper lights? Or hiw would I find out? (I'm a wiring idiot for problem solving etc but can solder a couple wires together if I know which is which).

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Next question already. Which wire is going to be for positive and which one for negative wire on the bumper side plug I would be using to wire up the bumper lights? Or hiw would I find out? (I'm a wiring idiot for problem solving etc but can solder a couple wires together if I know which is which).

Attachments

OP
OP

The Yeti

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you sir.
Sponsored