Sponsored

Can this stock piece between the fender and bumper be removed?

Cshadow2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting grey sport S JT
I just took mine off and threw them in the trash, ithe Whole making a cover piece seems like a waste of time, it wasn’t sealed or anything, if the fog lights stop working I’ll have an excuse to replace them with leds.

its been in for service how it is and they didn’t say anything about it btw.

Gumidaka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet Silver Gladiator
In the Australian and probably thee EURO spec all models have these, they even have plastic on the tow hooks and another hideous plastic plate to mount the front number plate

Jeep Gladiator Can this stock piece between the fender and bumper be removed? 6D558811-6909-4922-BF1C-6AF946292DA4
Yep, first thing that came off mine, with the steel bumper the fog light wiring was slightly exposed anyway, 4 screws each side and gone.

Jeep Gladiator Can this stock piece between the fender and bumper be removed? 9E425791-B74D-4F09-A163-4A3AB4BED6DA

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
My Base Sport had these. Took them off and trimmed them up. Wanted to keep the part that covers the fog light not to mention it looks terrible open.

IMG_20200717_161214.jpg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
IF anyone removes those without cutting, please send them to me and I'll pay postage.
It would be an experiment as the fenders are different and I'm not sure the Sport fillers would even fit an Overland - but I need something in there badly.

If you have seen the photos I posted of mine after a drive on our wet, messy, wintery and spring roads, you'd see why I want them. small rocks, sand and mud piled up on the bumper........
I have to wash sand and mud off the top of the front bumper after every trip.
Plus - the front tires throw stuff forward which I have literally watched come back at the windshield. Replacing a $900+ windshield because of it is no fun.
I don't really care what people think of how mine looks if I put them on - they didn't buy it or pay for my windshield.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
IF anyone removes those without cutting, please send them to me and I'll pay postage.
It would be an experiment as the fenders are different and I'm not sure the Sport fillers would even fit an Overland - but I need something in there badly.

If you have seen the photos I posted of mine after a drive on our wet, messy, wintery and spring roads, you'd see why I want them. small rocks, sand and mud piled up on the bumper........
Plus - the front tires throw stuff forward which I have literally watched come back at the windshield. Replacing a $900+ windshield because of it is no fun.
I don't really care what people think of how mine looks if I put them on - they didn't buy it or pay for my windshield.
check ebay, saw a set on there not too long ago.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
check ebay, saw a set on there not too long ago.
Since I don't know, and even the dealerships can't say, whether or not those taken from a Sport S would fit an overland, don't want to pay an arm and/or leg - thus my comment here.
eBay sellers often charge $20 to ship something that will actually cost $7 to ship in a USPS box.
The parts departments all say that because they are only listed under sport, they have no clue if they'd fit an Overland. So I'm willing to risk the shipping costs for something otherwise thrown away by forum members, not so sure I want to spring for the dollars an eBay seller is going to charge.
If I knew - that would be different!

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Until I joined this forum, I didn’t realize they had that piece on the Sports, I have seen guys remove it. I think Jeep shouldn’t have it on there in the first place.

No offense to the dudes who love that piece, I’d fully support an aftermarket install if you had to have it.
I removed mine or cut it. It does mess with your gas mileage some, I'm guess that's why the Rubicons get worse gas mileage than the Max tows. I noticed when I installed my full width steel bumper I gained back almost 1mpg. Went from 18.3 to just over 19.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase

Took mine off the day I got my truck. Found one in the garage sitting randomly on the floor yesterday & threw it up on a high shelf. I will see if I can find the other & if so your welcome to them. I actually took my whole stock bumper to the dump already so I have no use for them.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Took mine off the day I got my truck. Found one in the garage sitting randomly on the floor yesterday & threw it up on a high shelf. I will see if I can find the other & if so your welcome to them. I actually took my whole stock bumper to the dump already so I have no use for them.
Just set up to pay over 900 for windshield so major upgrades are off - but I planned on keeping this bumper for a while anyway. Trailer brake controller, battery power to the rear, that sort of thing, will come first.
Thanks - like I said, I'll pay shipping, etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TexasCajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Vehicle Showcase
Man I removed the 6 screws and the large black pin and i struggles to get it off. There seemed to be a piece that went into the bumper that kept it attached and i couldnt figure out how. Ah well. I'll try again another time i guess.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Man I removed the 6 screws and the large black pin and i struggles to get it off. There seemed to be a piece that went into the bumper that kept it attached and i couldnt figure out how. Ah well. I'll try again another time i guess.
There is another bolt/Screw on the bottom that has to come out and then it will slide out. Did you remove that one on the very bottom outside front?

OP
OP

TexasCajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Vehicle Showcase
There is another bolt/Screw on the bottom that has to come out and then it will slide out. Did you remove that one on the very bottom outside front?
I did. So I am very confused what it is holding it in.

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
I did. So I am very confused what it is holding it in.
Just trimmed mine this weekend. There's also a screw that attaches it to that horizontal fill piece between the bumper and grill and one way over by the skidplate cover.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
You haven't removed all the screws. Get under and keep looking. Comes off eazy once you have them all. Mark where you want to cut before removing.
Sponsored