Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I totally agree with your 2nd point. I had my JT in for service a couple of months ago and had to wait for a part so I had the rental for about three weeks. It was a 2-door Wrangler Sport with a soft top and the 2.0T engine. It was surprisingly quick and felt like it would have broke the tires loose had I turned off the traction control.
Sponsored

Pappyjp21

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys 21
Occupation
Federal Officer
Vehicle Showcase
First , why couldn't Jeep at least put a proper dedicated front clip on the Gladiator? For all the waiting we did it really sucks to call it a Gladiator and have no real distinguishing factor from a wrangler when viewed from the front . It would have been cool to see a variation of the CDR or innovative auto front clip . Even a later model throw back would be nice .

Second , why do I keep coming across haters of the 2.0t in the JL ( I know it's not offered in the Gladiator ) . It's is a pretty strong running little engine , and murders my 3.6 . I get a ton of comments on how it's not suitable and doesn't make power , but have these folks actually driven a 2.0. I've had both and just want to clear the air . From a power perspective the 2.0 rips .
Well, Jeep has been adding truck beds to their vehicles forever...remember this!

b2093e99617d781fa1fb68b0df5b88f7.jpg

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer
1. Lol

2. Idk, old school mind set I suppose? Some people still cry with the death of the og 4.0 I6. I don’t know that I’d opt for that 4 banger option, but I don’t think it’s a bad one.
I've never driven the 2.0 turbo but I have owned both a 94 2.5 Cherokee and several 4.0 Cherokees
and the at least with an XJ the 2.5 four has perfect weight distribution making it incredibly nimble both on and off road. Tire wear was also perfect front/rear no rotation needed. It was buzzy though.

There is a lot to be said to reducing front axle weight but I suspect the heavier JT and its towing rating would keep the 2.0 on boost to much of the time.
Sponsored