First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Marine Engineer
Walk away, warranty work has to be done in Canada.
Not true. Our '18 JK Wrangler broke down in California a couple years ago, when it was basically new. We were towed to Bakersfield Jeep dealer and all repairs and towing were covered by Jeep. Warranty is valid in both countries as far as I know.

The dealer most likely bought it at auction. These are selling up here for about $50-60g's Canadian. Canadian $ is at $0.79 U.S.$ today. So they bought it for about $45-50g's U.S. or less. Lots of used Canadian vehicles are being bought up and shipped to the States.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Not true. Our '18 JK Wrangler broke down in California. We were towed to Bakersfield Jeep dealer and all repairs and towing were covered by Jeep. Warranty is valid in both countries as far as I know.
Do a search on this Board, has happened already. U.S. dealers will not honor warranty on Canadian sold JT's.

Jeep Canada and Jeep U.S. are separate entities.

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
These are called "gray market" and almost always come with caveats to repairs or service. If anything is to happen it's going to be a chore getting it rectified.

You're better off finding one that stayed domestic.

deuce

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Marine Engineer
Do a search on this Board, has happened already. U.S. dealers will not honor warranty on Canadian sold JT's. Jeep Canada and Jeep U.S. are separate entities.
I think you mean to say no warranty on "imported" Cdn. Jeeps. Jeep Canada and Jeep U.S. are both owned by Chrysler/Selantis or whatever they are called now. So same company, just different divisions.
We have the same issues up here with privately imported U.S. vehicles. I wouldn't buy one of the either.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Took me a minute find the thread, but here's a prime example of the trouble that comes with it:

https://www.wranglerforum.com/threads/warranty-with-canadian-jeep-in-us.2388535/

TLDR: Warranty coverage usually doesn't transfer between countries. FCA Canada services Canadian VINs, FCA US services US VINs. While they may be under the same umbrella, they are most certainly separate companies. This is especially true when it comes to regulations, recalls, and warranties. Once it is registered in the other market, you're running the risk of the warranty not being transferred. There's a specific process that needs to occur within FCA to move it from one to the other. Dealers buying at auction usually don't do this process, and the warranty gets voided as soon as the US registration hits.

That isn't to say a Canadian owner on vacation in the US can't get it serviced at a dealership. It's all about the title matching the origin. So, Canadian car being sold by a US dealer? Be very, very, very skeptical.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Not sure how much of a hurry you are in but for $60,000 plus tax, title and license you can most def. purchase a new JT the exact same you would want from any one of the volume discount stores listed on this website.

Edit: my quick google search says ~$69,000 CAD is ~$54,000 USD and they are starting negotiations at $60,000 USD…. don’t walk OP, RUN!

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
Not sure how much of a hurry you are in but for $60,000 plus tax, title and license you can most def. purchase a new JT the exact same you would want from any one of the volume discount stores listed on this website.
I am paying less than that for a highly optioned mojave.

Sponsored

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I ordered a JTR Diesel fully loaded and will be right at $60k OTD, depending on the incentives offered when I take delivery. That's truck is a $60k truck new which they're selling for $60k.
Sponsored