Sponsored

Car Washing with Soft Top

JS2

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Bright White Soft Top, '15 Honda Odyssey, '97 Wrangler Sport (Retired 2010)
Looking for some opinions on washing the Gladiator. More specifically, just washing the actual premium soft top and back window.

I had a '97 TJ with a tan soft top and was never really too worried when I washed it. It slowly scratched over time and being tan, the fading was not noticeable. However, I never took it through an actual car wash and I will never take the Gladiator through a car wash.

For hand washing, do you just use a normal sponge and normal car wash soap? My concern is fading the soft top and scratching the rear window (more than normal).
Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Make sure the top is up....... :giggle: J/K

I use the more expensive car was soaps like Meguiars and a super soft car brush, don't like using sponges on the top because bits of the sponge can abrade off, and it is muc easier to reach across with the brush/handle.

OP
OP
JS2

JS2

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Bright White Soft Top, '15 Honda Odyssey, '97 Wrangler Sport (Retired 2010)

I use the more expensive car was soaps like Meguiars and a super soft car brush, don't like using sponges on the top because bits of the sponge can abrade off, and it is muc easier to reach across with the brush/handle.
Haha, I actually washed my TJ a few times with the top off. Just sprayed the hose down and used very little spray pressure.

Good idea on a soft car brush. I use one on wheels but will purchase another for the top.

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition

Ditto on the car washes and ditto on the soft brush. I don't have a soft top yet, but the soft brush was perfect on the roll up tonneau.

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I haven't taken a brush to my soft top yet, just foam Cannon and rinse and it's still looking great. Wash mitt on the back windows and micro fiber dry.

Sponsored

giskard

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW i3s
What I used to do back when I had a convertible sports car as my daily driver is go over it with a lint brush now and then. I'm not sure how practical that would be on a much larger and taller Gladiator soft top, but it worked well for a little two seat roadster. Note, however, that I had no issues running that through a car wash now and then (that's what I plan to do with my future Gladiator).

nlicalsi91

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara Tank Green
I have a 2015 jku with the premium soft top, I get it washed at the car wash almost every single week. I’ve never had a problem with leaks. The windows are scratched up pretty good but who cares.
Sponsored