First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
So I'm curios. What do y'all do for employment (to pay for these things), and do you plan to use your JT for your job?
I'll start ( I've noticed that there are at least two other PAs here, which gave me the idea), I'm a Physician Assistant. I'm in the National Guard as the 176th En BDE PA and I work in Urgent Care.
I used to be a Combat Engineer, but needed a change in career.
Other than commuting daily, I plan on using the JT to help me get around in disaster zones. I responded to Hurricane Harvey and used my POV to get around. I really wished I had a truck and a snorkel at the time ( though I wouldn't intentionally go through high water), as roads were flooded and I transported a lot of medical supplies to various aid stations. After I get out of the Guard (one day), I'll probably join a local civilian S&R team.
Though in all honesty I really like the way it looks and want to use it for camping and wheeling. Though it's nice to have justification for 37"s and a snorkel.
Sponsored

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '24 Model X Plaid
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
You don't need justification for 37s and a snorkel! LOL I could tell myself that I need them in case a hurricane hits, but really, I just want them.

I make rum for a living. Used to own car forums (www.corvetteforum.com & others). The JT will be a daily driver and for doing some over-landing. Looking at doing the Continental Divide trail next summer.

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
School principal. Will daily drive and overland in it. Basically a quick getaway basecamp.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
I work IT at a bank. I'll be using my JT as my daily driver (the 4wd and 11" of ground clearance will be great for the blizzards), to haul computer and networking equipment (and whatever else needs to be moved) between branches for work, haul crap to the dump, occasionally tow a boat, weekend home and lawn projects, and hopefully start a new hobby of off-roading and overlanding.

Rover_boy

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
So I'm curios. What do y'all do for employment (to pay for these things), and do you plan to use your JT for your job?
I'll start ( I've noticed that there are at least two other PAs here, which gave me the idea), I'm a Physician Assistant. I'm in the National Guard as the 176th En BDE PA and I work in Urgent Care.
I used to be a Combat Engineer, but needed a change in career.
Other than commuting daily, I plan on using the JT to help me get around in disaster zones. I responded to Hurricane Harvey and used my POV to get around. I really wished I had a truck and a snorkel at the time ( though I wouldn't intentionally go through high water), as roads were flooded and I transported a lot of medical supplies to various aid stations. After I get out of the Guard (one day), I'll probably join a local civilian S&R team.
Though in all honesty I really like the way it looks and want to use it for camping and wheeling. Though it's nice to have justification for 37"s and a snorkel.
Man.. you're still gonna help people with this rig? I salute you sir.....

Sponsored

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Retired (mostly) and breed chickens as a side business. I'll haul feed, etc, hit antiques shows for exquisite stuff I don't need, day trips to Monterey, Carmel, Big Sur... and am hoping to take it camping and exploring more. Oh, and the hairy, drooly dogs will ride in the back.

sbetts

First Name
SB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray Rubicon
Horse trainer (Dressage). Daily driver with two Jack Russell Terriers riding in the backseat. Our JRT has ridden on the back of our GS motorcycles all over the country. We sold the bikes a couple of years ago :no:, so the excuse is that the pups miss being in the open air overloading around the country. So this vehicle will be our adventure 2.0! We're buying it for the dogs! ;);)

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sport, 2014 Toyota Prius
Vehicle Showcase
I am currently driving full time for Uber due to pretty much every potential source of traditional employment for one reason or another rejecting my applications, despite all the "help wanted" signs I see here in Nevada County. Despite being someone who can drive for extended periods with out issue, is excellent with the handling of desktop PC hardware, could (with some training) do something involving servicing autos, or running heavy machinery in a safe manner, I'm pretty much being ignored. The last employer I tried to get on with, the local towing company, rejected me on the basis that I'm 32 and haven't been able to hold down a job, and they don't care to hear why this has been the case.
I am federally recognized as a disabled adult, have been taking part-time college classes sense graduating high school, and I'm all but convinced based on how employers react that the best way to do something long-term would be to find a way to become self-employed (if anyone needs a new desktop, let me know!). Aside from my earnings from uber, my only source of income is what I get from social security due to being disabled.

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
I'm a psychiatric RN, and I don't plan to use this for work. it will be a "daily driver", though I work close enough to home I either ride my bike or motorcycle half the time. this would be used mostly for hauling my mountainbike and me to rides, overlanding/camping, pulling a vintage trailer, dump runs, mulch runs, etc.
it's replacing my 21 year old Tacoma that I've had the last 19 years, and wanting a change.

Sponsored

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
Corporate pilot, professionally. Need a truck for projects around the house and farms. Gotta have at least one Jeep in the family.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I am one of those other PAs you were referring to. I work in Emergency Medicine (starting soon!) and primary care. My Gladiator is going to spend a lot of her time waiting patiently in the garage for nice weather and vacations. I have an LE and want to keep it as low mileage is as feasible. Going to be hard to keep the miles off of it but that is the plan. When I start the new job it will be 12 hour shifts with 10 shifts per month. The problem is that the hospital where I will be working is 82.1 miles from my house so I imagine I will make that commute in the ES350 more often than not.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I run the southwest division for the largest residential (and fifth largest) solar company in the Western Hemisphere. I’m wrapping my JT (whenever Hydro blue opens) so I can write the whole thing off.

It will split DD duty for me along with my model 3 and be the only real way to get out to my land. I also intend to use it as a truck to replace my F-150

Ryan...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys
Police Officer. I used to have a '16 F150 on 35's and I fit in quite well in the work parking lot. Need the Gladiator on bigger tires so I fit in again :)
Sponsored